Robert Englund - no Sunday signing

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately due to the length of time it takes to prepare the Freddy Krueger make-up for the diamond pass photo shoot Robert Englund will not be signing autographs today. Both photo shoots and the talk will still be taking place.

Any diamond pass holders who still have not collected their autographs on Friday or Saturday, there are two options. You can either take your pass to the sales desk and receive a £25 autograph voucher, or alternatively you can keep your pass and use it at another event where Robert Englund is appearing to receive a free day entry and autograph.

This is bad form. They should've known how long it takes to do the make-up before the Con even started. Diamond pass holders won't be happy after shelling out big money for the Pass and not getting an autograph.

• Like 4

My boyfriend has just called to tell me this as I brought him the pass as a gift. He can't use the voucher as I prepaid for all of the autographs. As I paid £135 in cash it's only fair to reimburse us £25 in cash. This is very disappointing to the fans who paid and have only found that out today.

Yet again showmasters over selling themselves and ending up not delivering on their promises. Kinda glad I didn't come this year. i feel incredibly sorry for all of those who shelled out hundreds of pounds on diamond and gold passes only to be let down.

• Like 6

Its a shame what we re reading here on the forums. I was there yesterday and only had 2 people to meet which abled me to help brother an cousin run round and get there autos. It was the first time ive seen full size off olyimpia which is very impresive and should remain in this building in future. The negatives for me where the guests scattered all over which added to the problems on the stair cases which we all no where overly crowded and a sevear hazard!! The only guest we couldnt meet was robert englund but since we ve met many times b4 and he will be attending glasgow nxt month me didnt mind. Saded to here people wont be able to get autos today (sunday) should this have been known sooner? I think so. That said this has been a very impressive show with great guests this year!! I look forward to hearing from sm and there thoughts and over all numbers that attended.

This news has put me off ever buying a Diamond Pass.

I thought the whole point of buying a Diamond Pass was that it guaranteed that at least a small number of fans who could afford it would get their autograph / photo / talk.

Now it transpires that they failed to take into account how long it would take to get Englund into make-up. So you are now offered credit which you'll need to use by travelling to another Showmasters event at your own expense ! :eek:

• Like 3

Robert's photoshoot finished at 11.30am and Robert Kurtzman said it will take about 2.5hrs to do the makeup. There was definitely enough time for him to do a small session for Diamond Pass holders only. I'm not too bothered as the vouchers have helped me spend less, however, I do feel sorry for those who have travelled far to meet him.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions

I got to meet him for the standard shoot and the fx shoot later. Id have loved to have been able to have a conversation but c'est la vie. After all the worrying about queues etc following posts yesterday I have to say its been a doddle. Im very happy but sad for those that arent. I will see Robert at Sheffield but I would like to know if Diamond passes get priority so that I know we wont miss out again. I can only do 1 day at Sheffield and have a few photoshoots already booked.

Among the possibilities, Showmasters should offer a £25 refund. They wrongly assume that one wants to get more autographs or even travel to go and attend another convention in the future. Many do but to those who don't, a refund option should be available, especially when the word "guaranteed" is used. From now on, I would use, instead, "there is a really high chance to".

• Like 5

Kind of curious as to how no-one saw this coming...? I mean you factor in time for lunches and to get from signing to photos, or from hotel to event for the guests... how did no-one think to ask Robert "Hey, how long's it take to do make up, we need to factor this in?"

People accept unforeseen problems happen, guests are ill, etc. - but you try to control what you can so it's only the things you really couldn't see coming that have to be dealt with. I can only imagine how frustrated some people are right now...

• Like 5