guest day cancellation - Carice Van Houten

I met Carice very early on the Saturday morning (about 9:30ish) and she was absolutely wonderful! Constantly smiling, had a nice little 90 second conversation...she was a total sweetheart. Just sucked that my photo shoot was, of course, on Sunday :thumbdown:

Had no issue with Carice got both her auto and photo early doors on Saturday and she seemed fine! But Saturday was a long and busy day so wouldn't surprise me if it took its toll pretty sure see I saw Kristian struggling when he arrived at his photo shoot!

I had an amazing experience with her. I was 3rd to meet her on Saturday morning and she chatted to me for like 3 minutes. She personalised all my stuff and was super down to earth. I really do think people need to cut her a bit of slack. It was her 3rd con ever and if you're not used to it then it can be extremely overwhelming. Not to mention it was like a sauna in there! I wish her all the best and hope she gets better soon! :smile::smile:

• Like 1

Honestly I have no idea what some people are saying as I have an amazing time meeting her! Had a bit of a chat and she very kindly personalised my autograph for me and she seemed more than happy to do it! I'm just sad I couldn't meet her again on the Sunday!

7UXRkz7.jpg?1

• Like 4

Some of these comments are horrendous. I about collapsed and was sick at one point due to the over heated Saturday arena. Carice was fine with me and I understand how she would have felt considering my own personal health as the day went on. From what I've heard she is normally fine at other cons but the conditions in that arena in my opinion have more than likely been the cause. A lot of people were struggling that day. Poor Maimie McCoy who is pregnant had to sit down a lot and considering her condition I have to applaud her for even coming (have to say though Maimie was absolutely lovely). It was Michael Gambon that I really felt for - he looked absolutely destroyed by the end of that punishing day. Very much the hardest convention conditions wise I have ever done so I'm not surprised Carice landed up the way she did - leave her alone.

I can appreciate she might not have been well.

However, not being chatty is one thing.....but to just ignore someone stood in front of you is a different matter. I'm glad so many people had a good time meeting her. Unfortunately though I didn't.

I'm so glad that I got my auto on Saturday! She seemed a bit quiet and tired but she was still very friendly. At first she just signed her picture and I asked if it was ok if she could put my name on it and she was more than happy too! I then bought a picture for the Sunday, sure I was gutted when she cancelled but I got to meet her the day before so it's fine :D

Some of these comments are horrendous. I about collapsed and was sick at one point due to the over heated Saturday arena. Carice was fine with me and I understand how she would have felt considering my own personal health as the day went on. From what I've heard she is normally fine at other cons but the conditions in that arena in my opinion have more than likely been the cause. A lot of people were struggling that day. Poor Maimie McCoy who is pregnant had to sit down a lot and considering her condition I have to applaud her for even coming (have to say though Maimie was absolutely lovely). It was Michael Gambon that I really felt for - he looked absolutely destroyed by the end of that punishing day. Very much the hardest convention conditions wise I have ever done so I'm not surprised Carice landed up the way she did - leave her alone.

I can appreciate she might not have been well.

However, not being chatty is one thing.....but to just ignore someone stood in front of you is a different matter. I'm glad so many people had a good time meeting her. Unfortunately though I didn't.

Totally agree with you same happened to me