guest day cancellation - Carice Van Houten

Glad to see people calling her horrific names on here and vastly worse things on Facebook where people are litterally saying vile things. Shameful people you are.

Think before you type. Next time you are ill get in a boiling hot arena, get flashed in the face hundreds of times and you try to act perfectly normal.

She practically used me as a pillow in the photo shoot, she was obviously not well.

I have not followed the FB but can you show where anyone on here called her horrific names?

Glad to see people calling her horrific names on here and vastly worse things on Facebook where people are litterally saying vile things. Shameful people you are.

Think before you type. Next time you are ill get in a boiling hot arena, get flashed in the face hundreds of times and you try to act perfectly normal.

She practically used me as a pillow in the photo shoot, she was obviously not well.

Where has anyone said anything about her on FB? I've only seen well-wishers on Twitter

Where has anyone said anything about her on FB? I've only seen well-wishers on Twitter

I don't see anything on here but there was some posts on the SM page that were out of order.

I cannot remember exactly where I saw any of the comments on here sorry to say :-) clicked too man threads today haha

But Showmasters Facebook was very ugly. Not sure if the facebook pages have any moderation, but I assume it is all still up there sadly. I guess people feel angry at missing her or thinking she was in a mood etc.. but I see it too often and it amazes me.

I think these events are fun, but many people I know would hate them just because of the lighting, crowds and heat.

I had to grab onto a lovley lady who went dizzy the instant after her RD Anderson photo. The lights in that area frazzled her.

I cannot imagine what an hour of photos does to a guests brain haha Or ours (imagine an hour of flashing every few seconds). It always sadens me to see any guest feeling anything but having fun. Much like we all want to :-D

Still Carice is human is all I keep remembering, same as the other guests. We have off days etc..

I feel for any fan who missed her today, but remember at least she attended :-)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it was due to illness. Surprised the conditions didn't affect more really. I missed out on a photoshoot today but did get her autograph towards the end of Saturday and thought she didn't seem too well although she did like that I had her CD cover to get signed and said she hoped to do another. Hope she's better soon and good on her to do as much as she did then.

I really hoped that she was OK yesterday when I was waiting for her to come back from lunch. Apparentely she wasn't :( I got her autograph and yes, it was very quick and without personalization, but she was really wonderful at her afternoon photoshoot. I hope she enjoyed herself at least a bit and would like to come back for another event!

Some people are horrible. Yes, I can confirm it was definitely due to illness. At the photoshoot yesterday afternoon, I was about to walk up to her when she almost looked dizzy and did a bit of a gesture signalling so. I stepped back and the SM staff asked her if she needed a time out, but she was insistent on continuing. I can't believe what some people are saying. Even in her ill state, she wasn't unpleasant.

Edited by TrinityKiller24

I can give her sympathy if she was feeling ill - we've all been there and felt anti-social. However, this is from my own personal experience when I met her: I went up to her while there was no-one meeting her and she was working through signing the stock photos that they had. I gave my money to the money-collector-person and sid "just the one please", shuffled over to Carice with my poster.....and she just continued to sign the other photos. I kind of felt like I didn't want to interrupt, but at the same time I was just being ignored (I was stood there with a poster on her desk, I couldn't be missed). Eventually one of the SM staff next to her said "maybe you sign for the guest now." At which point she didn't look up at me or say anything, just reached out and took the poster.

So yeah,I feel sorry for her if she was ill (and she did look it a bit), but unfortunately I'm still going to have to chalk that one down as a negative experience.

• Like 1

I can give her sympathy if she was feeling ill - we've all been there and felt anti-social. However, this is from my own personal experience when I met her: I went up to her while there was no-one meeting her and she was working through signing the stock photos that they had. I gave my money to the money-collector-person and sid "just the one please", shuffled over to Carice with my poster.....and she just continued to sign the other photos. I kind of felt like I didn't want to interrupt, but at the same time I was just being ignored (I was stood there with a poster on her desk, I couldn't be missed). Eventually one of the SM staff next to her said "maybe you sign for the guest now." At which point she didn't look up at me or say anything, just reached out and took the poster.

So yeah,I feel sorry for her if she was ill (and she did look it a bit), but unfortunately I'm still going to have to chalk that one down as a negative experience.

I had exactly the same experience I'm sad to say. I'm really not surprised she was feeling ill though.

But there's no reason or point in anyone being cruel about it.

Having met Carice at another event, trust me, she's usually great fun at the signing table, taking her time with the fans, even asking us for a photo with her cellphone. I saw her at the signing table saturday too and she indeed looked not her cheery self already, so respect for her to still come on the saturday and make it through the day. Hope she feels better soon!

• Like 1

I think the nicest Game of Thrones actor yesterday was Kristian Nairn, I had like a 5 minute chat with him, he shaked hands with you, and personalised and then he writes also a small Hodor next to his signature :)

Kristian is great; we met him at LFCC last year, and he was funny, friendly and very personable. Didn't get an autograph this weekend, but did pop over when he didn't have a queue and told him I hope he'll be back on GoT soon :rolleyes:

She may well of been ill but that didn't stop her laughing and joking with her mate behind her while signing my book.

She didn't look at me one and didn't even know I was there.

If you look at the effort the likes of Julian Glover JamesTolkan David Bradley put into every single person.

She was rude Unwell or not.

By far the only guest who was rude. Everyone else I met was superb and made up for it and at least I got her signature on my book now as well.

• Like 1

I thought she was fine and she gave me a beaming smile when I thanked her for my autograph. If she started to feel ill then I can imagine her just going through the motions.

Those that are slandering her because she was ill should really take a look at yourselves and give your heads a shake and I bet you wouldn't be any better in the same situation.

Also just feel lucky that you actually got an auto or photo as many didn't!

It always rings true to me as the saying goes and it will never change.

"People are people!"

• Like 1

She may well of been ill but that didn't stop her laughing and joking with her mate behind her while signing my book.

She didn't look at me one and didn't even know I was there.

If you look at the effort the likes of Julian Glover JamesTolkan David Bradley put into every single person.

She was rude Unwell or not.

By far the only guest who was rude. Everyone else I met was superb and made up for it and at least I got her signature on my book now as well.

I totally agree with this, exactly the same with.

Went up to her and gave money and said hello nice to meet you and enjoy the show and not even a grunt from her.

Well or unwell at least acknowledge your fan base.

Some of these comments are horrendous. I about collapsed and was sick at one point due to the over heated Saturday arena. Carice was fine with me and I understand how she would have felt considering my own personal health as the day went on. From what I've heard she is normally fine at other cons but the conditions in that arena in my opinion have more than likely been the cause. A lot of people were struggling that day. Poor Maimie McCoy who is pregnant had to sit down a lot and considering her condition I have to applaud her for even coming (have to say though Maimie was absolutely lovely). It was Michael Gambon that I really felt for - he looked absolutely destroyed by the end of that punishing day. Very much the hardest convention conditions wise I have ever done so I'm not surprised Carice landed up the way she did - leave her alone.