guest day cancellation - Carice Van Houten

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately we heard the morning that Carice Van Houten will not be able to attend LFCC today.

Any e-tickets for her Sunday photo shoot will be automatically refunded back to your card. If you have a paper ticket bought from the sales desk yesterday please take it back to the desk for a refund.

I got her autograph yesterday very unfriendly person, came extremly late back from her brunch, Colin Baker next to her was also late, but he said at least sorry to the waiting fans and explained why he was late, not Carice she just sat down, and was quiet, and I even tried to talk dutch to her, she did not really aknowledge that, she just said jaja goeden daag^^, she just signed and said even next. I´m not surprised that she did not came back today.

I thought she was quite friendly for the photoshoot and made an effort. I was very pleased with my photo. My mate lined up for signatures and had no complaints but i do agree there was a serious delay getting back from lunch. By all accounts she was not feeling well.

Ok I did not know that detail that she was not feeling well, but nevertheless I think she was kinda rude at that time I was upstairs, just shortly before 2 o´clock. But I´m happy for those who had a better experience with her.

• Like 1

Hey we even share the same flag ;), ok our blue is brighter than the dutch one, and my dutch is not perfect but ok, so she could at least smiling if you try your best :P No unfortunately she just signed, said I think tot sins ( which is the dutch buy ) and said next. She just signed like she was working at the assembly line .

Edited by timlux
  • Like 1

I sometimes think the people in the red shirts give out to stars to quicken up. I wonder if she was personalising the early signatures. Kelly Hu was brilliant and even captioned the pictures. But her queue was nowhere near as long as Carice or Hayley.

I think the nicest Game of Thrones actor yesterday was Kristian Nairn, I had like a 5 minute chat with him, he shaked hands with you, and personalised and then he writes also a small Hodor next to his signature :)

• Like 2

Ok I did not know that detail that she was not feeling well, but nevertheless I think she was kinda rude at that time I was upstairs, just shortly before 2 o´clock. But I´m happy for those who had a better experience with her.

Without knowing, it's hard to say. Actors normally manage to stay smiley and friendly under difficult conditions better than most of us (act it if nothing else), but they're also human. I was at a work event recently and felt so tired and so off colour with my stomach, that I just wanted to curl up in a ball and teleport home - I wasn't sure I'd get home when I've felt like that on other occasions. To then have to sit there and engage with people would have been more than I could have managed - so I can't expect the actors to be different. When you're not well, you're not well, and better for you to get an autograph with little or no interaction, than to go home empty handed - that's maybe what she was thinking of. Do as much as she could before reluctantly pulling the plug.

It's disappointing if you miss people or they're not as you expected, but have a heart, if they're not well. They're human too.

• Like 1

There was quite a delay after lunch, so she must not have been feeling great around then.

There was only about 10 or 15 people in the queue when I joined but there was no personalisation.

Got a couple of pics signed for myself and Bullseye. I also got a sketch of Melisandre from Will Simpson and got her to sign that.

Had a quick chat to her about it and she seemed very friendly.

Glad to see people calling her horrific names on here and vastly worse things on Facebook where people are litterally saying vile things. Shameful people you are.

Think before you type. Next time you are ill get in a boiling hot arena, get flashed in the face hundreds of times and you try to act perfectly normal.

She practically used me as a pillow in the photo shoot, she was obviously not well.

• Like 1

I do feel bad people missed out but me and hubby got to table to sit our bags at photo shoot to and we were asked to wait a moment. Carice was clearly feeling unwell and sat for a moment and was even asked if she wanted to stop...she said no she just needed a moment and a few minutes later was under hot lights taking photos. I felt guilty as she did look poorly. Glad she made the right decison for her today even though i planned auto tosay her health is more important!!!

Glad to see people calling her horrific names on here and vastly worse things on Facebook where people are litterally saying vile things. Shameful people you are.

Think before you type. Next time you are ill get in a boiling hot arena, get flashed in the face hundreds of times and you try to act perfectly normal.

She practically used me as a pillow in the photo shoot, she was obviously not well.

God, the poor woman :(. I can only imagine what it must be like being ill in a boiling hot venue with crowds everywhere. Sometimes you can't even see it coming - and you end up feeling worse quite quickly.

I really hope she feels much better soon.

• Like 1