ALIENS TALK - How was it?

She couldn't talk specifics other than to say that she thought the script was fantastic and that Neil is the best person to be doing the film. Filled me with confidence at least!

The talk was brilliant. Lots of funny stories about the making of Aliens. Sigourney, Bill and Carrie were all great fun and it was very relaxed.

Plus stage 2 is ALOT more comfortable that the super stage!

But trying to get back downstairs afterwards? Forget about it.........

• Like 1

Great stuff. Bill ruled the show for me, he was like the dad, the funny dad at that. Gladly only 3 of the actors on stage was the way to go, that gave each time to speak. It gets a bit much once you pass three guests. Bill forgetting the Express elivator to Hell line was fun! He must have said it thousands of times haha

One minor grumble was the camera rules. I agree letting people get their shots in at the beginning is a great idea. Go crazy! After a few minutes everyone supposed to stop shooting with camera and phones.

Sadly many never listened to the instructions and I had a guy next to me hammering away with a loud and very Irratating camera! Behind me another fool who hadnt turned off the beep everytime they took a snap! Beep beep beep over and over. Flashing away as well!

They specifically said NO VIDEOS!But someone in front of me was pretty much videoing the entire thing on their phone!

These people needed telling off and tossed out. Hopefully the rules are enforced next time as it ruins events such as the wonderful Aliens talk.

I want to watch the actors on the stage, not be blinded by someones ignorant phone screen videoing the event.

But this is the people who pay doing these stupid things, shows you how many manners some have. Me me me mentality.

• Like 1

They specifically said NO VIDEOS!But someone in front of me was pretty much videoing the entire thing on their phone!

Problem is they don't have people looking out for this kind of thing but also why didn't you say anything? Clearly you agree with the rules, as do I but if it's not pointed out how will it stop?

I was sure staff could see them around me doing things, the Sigourney security guard noticed I am sure of that as well as he stared at them long enough.

I have sadly learned not to say a word, as I have had things done to me for doing so in the past. Not nice things as some people are unhinged haha

Staff could easily see it in my humble opinion, but I saw many people taking videos, none were stopped. One guy stood againat the wall and videod for ages and was told to take a seat by a staff member, he continued to video.

Sorry took it off topic haha I loved the Aliens talk :-) but other people do act silly at times.

I'm pretty sure that I said if you saw anyone in front of you filming then punch them in the back of the head! Seriously though - do make us aware of it as it will end up stopping talks completely. I went up into the balcony area and noticed one which was stopped, must have missed the one you mentioned, some people are very sneaky!

Hearing Bill Paxton say 'We're on an express elevator to hell, go-ing down!' was worth a million bucks :D

What about him saying Newt's line? "they mostly come at night...mostly", and Carrie Henn's scream at the end! Really enjoyed the talk and wish it was longer.

Only gripe would be the lights being turned down in the whole auditorium with no extra lighting on stage. Even Sigourney said she couldn't see the audience when questions were being asked.

Great stuff. Bill ruled the show for me, he was like the dad, the funny dad at that. Gladly only 3 of the actors on stage was the way to go, that gave each time to speak. It gets a bit much once you pass three guests. Bill forgetting the Express elivator to Hell line was fun! He must have said it thousands of times haha

One minor grumble was the camera rules. I agree letting people get their shots in at the beginning is a great idea. Go crazy! After a few minutes everyone supposed to stop shooting with camera and phones.

Sadly many never listened to the instructions and I had a guy next to me hammering away with a loud and very Irratating camera! Behind me another fool who hadnt turned off the beep everytime they took a snap! Beep beep beep over and over. Flashing away as well!

These people needed telling off and tossed out. Hopefully the rules are enforced next time as it ruins events such as the wonderful Aliens talk.

I want to watch the actors on the stage, not be blinded by someones ignorant phone screen videoing the event.

But this is the people who pay doing these stupid things, shows you how many manners some have. Me me me mentality.

Hi I was one of the crew members working the Aliens talk. I did stop a couple of people who I could see filming but with the dim lights, running around with the mic, stopping people from coming in when they shouldn't be and being nervous as hell because I was in the same room as Sigourney Weaver (oh my god) I didn't see all of them. I promise I was not turning a blind eye! :smile:

If you see someone doing it again maybe discreetly get a crew members attention without the person realizing. We should create a secret hand signal or some thing haha