Richard Dean Anderson queues

Photos: we queued for the morning slot - on the information posted here, photos up to batch 4 should have been called. But in the end, after we'd queued for the whole thing, they said they wouldn't even reach the end of batch 3, so we had to come back in the afternoon. (We weren't even supposed to be at the con in the afternoon, as I had another appointment outside the con, but when I explained this to the pit boss, she basically said too bad, she couldn't help.)

ANYWAY, rearranged our afternoon, came back for the afternoon shoot. Was near the front of the queue, was told that the previous shoot was running late, and we should make ourselves scarce for half an hour before starting to queue again. We did. We returned in half an hour to find the queue happening anyway, and we were a long way down, halfway to the other end of the hall. This seemed less than fair as we had already queued twice and been told to go away.

Total props to the blueshirt with the very loud teacher voice who was trying to give out the information she had to the queue - she was a star.

ANYWAY AGAIN, when we got in it was great. RDA was giving hugs to everyone, and was so cheerful for someone who had been working nonstop in a boiling convention centre all day. Lovely man.

When I left his queuing area at 5:15 because I had the hayley atwell talk to go to, he was only on 1-150 and they were calling them up in groups of 10 starting from 0. I had 165 but The queue hardly moved so I gave up and gave my ticket to this poor girl who had only come to see him. So I have no idea what number they got to in the end but they were hoping to get up to 250 at least but that seemed very doubtful at that time.

I queued for entry since 7am and still didnt get anywhere near him :(

Which brings me on to the point of gold priority - this was great when there were only 100 or so gold tickets but there were 500 so anyone with standard entry became 500+ in the queue. I get having the more expensive passes but couldnt SM see a gold ticket that allows you to get in first, (so you get the first vqs) have exclusive access to batch 1 of photoshoots so they still get in first, and can sit in the front for talks. You could even have a silver pass that allowed second entry, batch 2 photos etc that way if you're number 6 in the queue you really are number 6, not 506. Or at a photoshot, if you're batch 1 you get to be first and go to the first shoot, not be kicked out because all the golds have to go through first. And these packages are limited to a set amount not like 500 because you might as well just make the entrance fee the same price and get rid of standard entry entirely. Would be soo much eaiser and that way you knew if you had a reasonable queue or batch number. I think all this "priority " stuff is starting to **** people off.and you could have gold for single days or weekend. Plus still do the diamond passes for the big guests.

My mom had VQ number 7 and still she was sent walking about 4 times! She lost half a day just trying to get anywhere near RDA. At about 5pm she finally was let through and I saw my chance and quickly joined. Then I noticed why things went so slow, RDA was super friendly and talkative so he really took his time with everybody. Still don't know why my mom had to wait that long with such a low VQ number though.

When I left his queuing area at 5:15 because I had the hayley atwell talk to go to, he was only on 1-150 and they were calling them up in groups of 10 starting from 0. I had 165 but The queue hardly moved so I gave up and gave my ticket to this poor girl who had only come to see him. So I have no idea what number they got to in the end but they were hoping to get up to 250 at least but that seemed very doubtful at that time.

Which brings me on to the point of gold priority - this was great when there were only 100 or so gold tickets but there were 500 so anyone with standard entry became 500+ in the queue. I get having the more expensive passes but couldnt SM see a gold ticket that allows you to get in first, (so you get the first vqs) have exclusive access to batch 1 of photoshoots so they still get in first, and can sit in the front for talks. You could even have a silver pass that allowed second entry, batch 2 photos etc that way if you're number 6 in the queue you really are number 6, not 506. Or at a photoshot, if you're batch 1 you get to be first and go to the first shoot, not be kicked out because all the golds have to go through first. And these packages are limited to a set amount not like 500 because you might as well just make the entrance fee the same price and get rid of standard entry entirely. Would be soo much eaiser and that way you knew if you had a reasonable queue or batch number. I think all this "priority " stuff is starting to **** people off.and you could have gold for single days or weekend. Plus still do the diamond passes for the big guests.

I have to agree, letting all the gold go first then the VT is not fair. I was under the impression that a gold ticket just aloud you to join the back of any Q not that they all went first. I was quite lucky yesterday I got to see every one I came to see, but I did have to wait nearly all the day. We got in at about 9.10am and left just after 5pm

He was my priority so went straight for his VQ's and got no 81. The first hour it was gold only and at 10 he went to do a talk and photo shoot. He was due back at 12 so I made sure I was in the queue at 11.40 when they had put up that they were doing 1-100 and managed to get through fairly quickly as I was probably the 10th or so in the queue.

It went up to like 230 in the end. Lots of people had only come to see him, You moan about golds getting in first and yet your quite happy to walk off and give your VQ ticket to someone else??.

It went up to like 230 in the end. Lots of people had only come to see him, You moan about golds getting in first and yet your quite happy to walk off and give your VQ ticket to someone else??.

I don't see how moaning about gold and giving my vq ticket to someone else ate even related. I didn't have much of a choice "about walking off", I stayed in the queuing area for as long as I could then I had the hayley atwell talk at 5:15-6 which I had paid for. I didn't see much point in trying to come back after the talk as it was already 6 oclock. So I thought if I wasnt going to get to use my lowish vq ticket then at least the lady who had 300 and something, who had been waiting all day just to see him and only wanted to see him, could make use of it.

• Like 1

I don't see how moaning about gold and giving my vq ticket to someone else ate even related. I didn't have much of a choice "about walking off", I stayed in the queuing area for as long as I could then I had the hayley atwell talk at 5:15-6 which I had paid for. I didn't see much point in trying to come back after the talk as it was already 6 oclock. So I thought if I wasnt going to get to use my lowish vq ticket then at least the lady who had 300 and something, who had been waiting all day just to see him and only wanted to see him, could make use of it.

I think that was a wonderfully magnanimous gesture of you and I applaud your kindness.....

I am coming up to ONLY see RDA too and have already resigned myself to the fact that I will probably get NOWHERE NEAR him for an autograph, given the chaos and speed I've been hearing about over the weekend...yes it annoys me as this is my one time this year to meet him, however I did buy a Photo Shoot which I hope will be going ahead at 3.20 today....providing I get in to the venue that is ...

So your gesture to that lady is appreciated by me as I know what it feels like to be at a Con where I want to see only one person.....thankfully too I have a few good friends there today who I will hang with and enjoy myself without worrying about meeting any stars ...they are "my stars"... :dance:

• Like 2

so the lady with the 300 plus ticket gets an auto whereas someone i saw with like a 280 something didn't? he would have been there all day too. same as queue jumping.

so the lady with the 300 plus ticket gets an auto whereas someone i saw with like a 280 something didn't? he would have been there all day too. same as queue jumping.

she took my place in the queue. If I had stayed the lady with the 280 ticket would still get her auto at the same time. It makes absolutely no difference.

• Like 1

Well maybe it will happen to you one day. Bet it will be different story then

If one person is 165 and another is 300 and they swapped places you would still have one person at 165 and one person at 300.

If I was in a queue and I was number 10 and the people at 9 and 400 swapped their tickets. I would still be number 10 so no it wouldnt bother me at all. The tickets arent person specific.

So are you telling me that if you went in at 9am and was able to get a vq ticket, for a guest you didn't want to see, for a friend that couldn't make it in til later, you wouldn't?!

Being a gold pass holder I joined the autograph q on Saturday and the female crewmember said I couldn't because he was only signing for Diamond passes and low vts. I was confused.

Did you get a VT though? Even gold pass holders needed one for the diamond guests

Being a gold pass holder I joined the autograph q on Saturday and the female crewmember said I couldn't because he was only signing for Diamond passes and low vts. I was confused.

I thought diamond passes only gave priority for the guest they were issued for, not allowed priority queuing for everyone???

(re: giving away VQT's to people with higher numbers, myself and my mum did the same on Friday - we had to leave to get home so gave our vastly lower numbered tickets to two guys we had been chatting to while we were there. Given how slow the numbers were changing i doubt they got through, but still they had a better chance than they would have done otherwise.)

• Like 1

RDA autos was a joke yesterday. In fact, a lot of the con was a joke. I spent the whole thing queuing only to keep getting turned away. I went back so many times to the auto queue for RDA, but every single time they were only letting gold people through. Why the heck they even gave me a VQ ticket with a number like 399 on I'll never know. I went back around five, one last attempt and they were still on golds...the lady with the number seven ticket in the post above was still there! Disgraceful!

RDA on the other hand was absolutely awesome. What a gent. He was great in the talk, and so very nice for the photos! He was so hot and sticky himself, I think he changed his t shirt three times!

• Like 1

Well maybe it will happen to you one day. Bet it will be different story then

If one person is 165 and another is 300 and they swapped places you would still have one person at 165 and one person at 300.

If I was in a queue and I was number 10 and the people at 9 and 400 swapped their tickets. I would still be number 10 so no it wouldnt bother me at all. The tickets arent person specific.

So are you telling me that if you went in at 9am and was able to get a vq ticket, for a guest you didn't want to see, for a friend that couldn't make it in til later, you wouldn't?!

Actually what would upset me would be if someone used their Vqt to go up and see the guest and then gave their used ticket to another person when they came out or used their ticket to go up again because I didnt have any of my VQTs takens off of me yesterday when I joined the queue like they would normally do.

That would be queue jumping and totally unfair for the other people queuing.

Here's a thought. How about people with upgraded passes get set priority times to get their autos? Say they get the first 45mins in the morning and first 45 in the afternoon? They can go up at any other time too, but have to get a number like everyone else if they do? Maybe that would at least give normal ticket holders a chance? Which I don't think we got yesterday.

Also, I noticed SM were saying people could have upto five items a time signed? Was this allowed on the day? If so, maybe with bigger guests it could be limited to one item to speed things up. If you want another, you can go back and queue again?

• Like 1

Aww thank you discodiva, I like to try and help out where I can

Ill never forget going to Collectormania 4 (my first con) to meet the LOTR stars and I couldn't get a VT for any of them. I had travelled nearly 200 miles from 5am in the morning. It was a disaster until a kind lady like yourself gave me a VT for Sean Astin one of the stars I had wanted to meet. It made my whole day better even though I was still so sad I couldn't meet Dominic Monaghan or Elijah Wood I was grateful beyond words that someone was kind enough to give me their ticket (they had seen how upset I was)

Aww thank you discodiva, I like to try and help out where I can

Ill never forget going to Collectormania 4 (my first con) to meet the LOTR stars and I couldn't get a VT for any of them. I had travelled nearly 200 miles from 5am in the morning. It was a disaster until a kind lady like yourself gave me a VT for Sean Astin one of the stars I had wanted to meet. It made my whole day better even though I was still so sad I couldn't meet Dominic Monaghan or Elijah Wood I was grateful beyond words that someone was kind enough to give me their ticket (they had seen how upset I was)

I went to that one too, not to see the hobbits as I wasnt into LOTR then (kicking myself now thou) but remember the queues of people who had camped out over night - I say queues seems more 5 compared to the queues we get now haha