Christopher Lloyd

So what happened, someone said he got through all of the VQ tickets and someone else said he didn't get through any..

I left really disappointed as the crew said I had no chance of getting an autograph even with a VQ ticket of around 200

I think the regular Virtual Tickets were up to around 50 at 6pm on Sunday.

I would agree with the above poster and say that his signature is full and it is not done in a flash. He seemed to take time and care with people's items.

As I said, I had VQ 120 and they called upto VQ125 at around 5.55pm. They had called upto 110 when I got back to the line so knew I had a chance. (Thank God Colette kept me talking and taking photos for about 10 mins! She was an utter delight and made everyone feel special. Fantastic lady!)

Anyway, They were going up in increments of 10-15 as there was a group of approx 30 standing at the barrier with VQ tickets going up into some pretty high numbers. I left after getting my auto but they were still calling numbers as I walked out.

A guy with a VQ in the 500's (I think) gave me his BTTF DVD cover to sign but it was only one item per guest so I couldn't do it. If you read these forums then apologies again man, if i could have done it for you then I would have. Hope you managed to get it!

Hopefully everyone that stayed got their auto as it's a very special one.

SM were brilliant the way they handled the situation. Mary controlled the situation supremely well. And special mention to the guy in the blue shirt that brought order to chaos throughout the sunday at the Chris Lloyd queue. A genuinely good guy who helped everybody out. Managing the Chris Lloyd line must have been extremely challenging and everyone that ran the line over the weekend made the best of what was often a difficult situation.

I'll be doing a weekend review so will be mentioning this with ideas for improving the process at future events....

• Like 1

So what happened, someone said he got through all of the VQ tickets and someone else said he didn't get through any..

I left really disappointed as the crew said I had no chance of getting an autograph even with a VQ ticket of around 200

You might have ended up getting one but at the time Chris left for his final 5pm photo's and had agreed to come back to sign, it was for VQ ticket holders from No 1 onwards so they gave realistic info at the time as there were a lot of VQ ticket holders behind the gold pass holders. A lot of people had low VQ numbers so I (120) and a number of others left the line. It was only due to Colette's queue going so slowly (what a wonderful lady!) that I was still at the venue at around 5.50 when the queue had died down and they had just called 'up to' VQ 110.

I got it by the skin of my teeth but my BTTF2 poster looks incredible.... I was extremely lucky and it only happened due to SM. They couldn't have known how limited Chris's signing time would be, they managed to get all diamond pass holders through and still gave some more of us an opportunity.

Huge thanks to SM, Rich, and Chris Lloyd who must have been shattered by the end of the weekend but still came back to sign.

• Like 1

I managed to get him to sign what i wanted yesterday, my mum especially wanted his autograph so I used my diamond pass to make sure I got her one. He signed my Hoverboard too but I'm gutted cos no less than 5 minutes later part of it had smudged off :-( I did manage to get him to sign the clock tower photo on Friday though

I tried for Chris on Saturday which was impossible without (and even with!) a Diamond Pass. On Sunday I went straight to him at 0920 and got VQ ticket 249. I knew there was no hope as the crew members told me he was only signing for a bit today - something like 1hr 40 mins due to photo shoots and talks he had to take part in. I asked if all the Diamonds had gotten through and she said no, but did say you're best bet is between 430 and 6pm. I went off, did everything I had to and came back around 540pm where they had started calling VQ tickets in batches of 5. Those who had collected VQ tickets and left meant they went through numbers reasonably quickly but without any promises you'd get seen to. At one point they said anyone above 120 was unlikely to get through but with 15 minutes of showtime left, there was nothing to lose through waiting.

The crew were fantastic and made clear they would try and do what they could for fans and genuinely did. They kept looking for the signal to stop signing but got through as many people as they could with a one item restriction. I was number 249 and got seen to just after 6pm when Christoper was still signing and doing so carefully. A huge thank you to PIT BOSS MARY for this who looked after the 39 people left queuing for an autograph and tried her best to get everyone through - and did!

It was a last minute hope dash and paid off, thanks to crew members who wanted to deliver the best and help. Seriously Mary, if you're reading you are a legend - THANK YOU.

The Diamond Passes were previously hyped as the only guaranteed way to get his autograph and it ended up being true. VQ tickets were probably only a handful that were gotten through and even those were near 6pm. Christopher was great and I appreciate his autograph because he really does take his time. I had his auto from when he first came to LFCC a few years back but wanted to get something signed by him and Michael J Fox which I managed to do.

Thank you SM, and HI to the nice chap from Derbyshire who I met in the MJF queue with his hoverboard. It's always great meeting fans and he was awesome, we were both delighted as we got our autos and hope he enjoyed the rest of his day.

All I am going to say is that I would have loved to have gotten Christopher Lloyd's autograph but since I didn't have a Diamond pass it was understandable when I didn't.

All the way through SM have said that the only way to guarantee an autograph was with Diamond, and if I'm honest, I wouldn't have bothered giving out VQ tickets until after all the Diamonds had gone through. At least that way there would be no false hope.

They couldn't have known how slowly and meticulously Chris would be signing over the 3 days. (It's a wonderful auto!)

Beg to differ. He's not a young man and last time he was at LFCC he was also very slow and meticulous with signing and the queues were huge all weekend. I had a gold pass back then and even with that had a long wait and didn't get him until the last day. So it wouldn't have been unknown that he would not be fast.

Lovely man though, thrilled I met him back then.

Edited by Rockstar6662

It took me 3days but I finally got mr Lloyd thanks to great gent giving me a very low vt as the cue at 5 was still very long I thought no chance as he had a photo shoot to do after 5 so left went to a talk and walked around on the off chance walk back round and the cue seems to have got shorter I asked what happening and they said he staying to do vt I said wht is he up to 1 - 30 I screamed I'm 26 got my prop and photo sign for my daughter topped the weekend off Thankyou Mr Lloyd

I think the regular Virtual Tickets were up to around 50 at 6pm on Sunday.

I would agree with the above poster and say that his signature is full and it is not done in a flash. He seemed to take time and care with people's items.

As I said, I had VQ 120 and they called upto VQ125 at around 5.55pm. They had called upto 110 when I got back to the line so knew I had a chance. (Thank God Colette kept me talking and taking photos for about 10 mins! She was an utter delight and made everyone feel special. Fantastic lady!)

Anyway, They were going up in increments of 10-15 as there was a group of approx 30 standing at the barrier with VQ tickets going up into some pretty high numbers. I left after getting my auto but they were still calling numbers as I walked out.

A guy with a VQ in the 500's (I think) gave me his BTTF DVD cover to sign but it was only one item per guest so I couldn't do it. If you read these forums then apologies again man, if i could have done it for you then I would have. Hope you managed to get it!

Hopefully everyone that stayed got their auto as it's a very special one.

SM were brilliant the way they handled the situation. Mary controlled the situation supremely well. And special mention to the guy in the blue shirt that brought order to chaos throughout the sunday at the Chris Lloyd queue. A genuinely good guy who helped everybody out. Managing the Chris Lloyd line must have been extremely challenging and everyone that ran the line over the weekend made the best of what was often a difficult situation.

I'll be doing a weekend review so will be mentioning this with ideas for improving the process at future events....

i believe that was me thanks for trying, yeah was lucky few minutes later he signed the dvd sleeve looks good may get framed with my photo, took dvd as easy carry wish i had taken my poster didn't think would had chance get his auto from what everyone said about queues on sat, yep my Virtual Ticket was 498 i waited got in thanks to crew, i thanked lloyd for staying must been 6;20pm

• Like 1

Absoltely gutted to read this :(

I had VQ ticket no 62. I spent hours and hours and hours in the queue for Chris throughout the day, only leaving for my MJF shoots and stuff, almost fainted it was so hot. But every time people would shout to go away if not gold or diamond, no one did of course, but then they wrote he would finsihed signing at 5 and no chance. So i gave in and pretty much collapsed on the floor downstairs instead, totallt exhausted with broken feet practically. And now i read i could've got him? Have the organsiers never heard of a PA, or anything to alert people? The queues around Chris mid afternoon were huge but half the people i spoke to didn't even have a VQ ticket and were quite rude to me when i said you need one.. so they made the queue look bigger, and it was almost impossible to get to read the tiny tiny sign they have with the times on, or to get to the staff member at the front to ask.

I'm so pissed off now, i mean fair play to Chris, but i'm now made to feel stupid for giving up at the time they said it would end? :(

I mean i was last there at 4.50pm and they said they were closing it at 5 and there was no chance other than diamond and gold. Someone in the loo 5 min later said they'd closed it now.

:(

Edited by MartyMcFly85

I was gold pass and had low VQs all weekend and failed to get an autograph from Chris. Sadly my last photoshoot was finished at 5:45 so I knew getting an autograph in 15 mins was still unlikely.

However I got an autograph from him last time he was at LFCC so it's not too bad. I was gutted not to get Robert Englund's autograph though. Here's hoping they'll return to a future event soon.

I've tried on 3 days to get Christopher Lloyd and each weirdo waiting line. Got each day numbers but my problem: I had also photoshootings (not really lot max 3 - 4 per day). And everytime it was called. Come later back, Not now... try later.

Oh well... haven't got him.

I failed to get his autograph in Friday & Saturday, but in Sunday I managed to get VQ #44. I kept checking the line & the times that he suppose to come & sing kept changing. at around 11:15 I passed by the line & they were allowing gold pass only (which I was) without VQ tickets! I guess I was lucky to be at that time, got my stuff signed way earlier than I thought! I gave my VT away, hope she managed to get his auto as well :)

awesome to read about Chris staying to sign etc. I must admit to being baffled over the stories of ticket numbers though. i got in the outside queue on Fri and seemed way back and thought it doubtful i'd get an auto, but when i managed to get a VQ ticket, it was nuber 101, and i ended up getting the siggy no prob, despite having to wait a little longer as i got there right hen he took a break (bout 2:30 to 3 if i recall?). I don't recall anyone being allowed to join the front of the line (unless i've misunderstood a comment here?), the only ones who were let in, right before me actually, were a disabled guy and two girls who, i believe, had to bail quick due to some medical issue.

Chris was a champ though, great siggy (don't you just hate paying tens of quids for an auto and it looks like one letter and meaningless squiggle that bears no relationship to any letter or word in the English language?) and i know this must have been a bit hard on him because i believe he's a very shy guy.

I got number 79 on Sunday for some friends of mine (I had a Diamond Pass and got my auto on Saturday already). The number was called somewhen after 17:00 on Sunday, so they got their autos as well. They were quite sad before, because they were queuing several times without success, but incredibly happy after that ;)
And I was happy, I've not been in the queue so early for nothing ;)

I was VQ#69 on Sunday and I was so gutted to hear they actually had him stay late as at that point I'd left to get my train home after being told there was no chance of seeing him. I feel if he's ever back they need to limit the amount of photo shoots? Or even diamond passes?

I feel if he's ever back they need to limit the amount of photo shoots? Or even diamond passes?

I feel they should try and get him back a.s.a.p

The demand clearly overrun the supply at the event. Was his talk / photo shoots well attended? I'm guessing they were as all sold out.

I would love the chance of the Delorean/ clock face pic and a talk- just with Sigourney being at the same show I couldn't afford it.

• Moderators

I feel if he's ever back they need to limit the amount of photo shoots? Or even diamond passes?

I feel they should try and get him back a.s.a.p

The demand clearly overrun the supply at the event. Was his talk / photo shoots well attended? I'm guessing they were as all sold out.

I would love the chance of the Delorean/ clock face pic and a talk- just with Sigourney being at the same show I couldn't afford it.

Both his talk and photo shoots were all very well attended he was a hugely popular guest this year and rightly so, considering he wasn't feeling so well he managed a large volume of photos as well as all of the talks over the weekend he is a great man and hopefully he will be back again.

• Like 2

It took some effort but I got my autograph in the end, and that was with a diamond pass, I've said somewhere that maybe diamond pass specific sessions might be something to add in the future, but I also had another idea. Each diamond pass had a number on it. I was under the impression that these would act as diamond pass virtual tickets. So in each session the board would say something like 'Diamond pass 20, VT 20' or something like that to keep the crowds down a bit. Maybe this is something you could look into for future events.

Christopher Lloyd himself worked incredibly hard over the weekend with all the signings and photo shoots. I've heard he stayed a little later to sign more autographs and he was late to the exclusive talk I believe for the same reason and then continued with the full length of the original talk well after everyone else in the building had gone home. I would like to say a big Thankyou to him for all of the effort he put in. I for one appriciate everything he did over the weekend.

And the same to all the crew who were involved. It was not the easiest to manage and everyone I spoke to was polite and understanding and worked with me to find the best way of fitting in his autograph. Thanks guys

What kind of experience did people get with a Diamond Pass? Did you get a good interaction with him, or were you ushered along as quickly as possible and the only benefit to the pass was being more likely to get his autograph?

I didn't get a pass as I wasn't interested in anything other than the photo and autograph. Instead I turned up at 7am and made a bee-line to get a VQ ticket on Sunday, thinking I'd be sure to get his autograph. I obviously ended up disappointed though. I know with a pass, I would have definitely got his autograph, but would I have got any kind of interaction too or were people hurried along after a few seconds like with other busy quests?

I had a diamond pass and my experience was just like anyone else's. Quick hello, possible handshake, photo taken and thank you very much. The obvious perk was the ability to join his auto line, although this didn't meant getting to the front of the line and we still had a big wait like everyone else. I dread to think what position. I would have been in if I left the auto part until Sunday, I may not have gotten it, then there would be tantrum because I didn't pay £140 for nothing. The diamond pass only talk was good, although again really frickin short and it was late starting