complaint crew member

I've been going to LFCC for a few years now and I've been far from impressed with a crew member yesterfay at photoshoot for Lea Thompson who was rude ande coulnd't recognise he put me in the wrong queue. How can I complaint please?

think his name was Barry? yeah he was really rude and sarcastic to everyone just kept going off on one. having a go at that little autistic boy was way out of line, everyone could see he was very stressed by all the goings on and was only there for 1 photo before his mum was taking him home.

I was going to make a complaint but from what I was told yesterday " no don't they will block you from the forum if you have a voice" so im no longer going to bother. I will say tho that when im crew in Bournemouth im going to be really friendly loads of smiles and do my best. seeing him on the Friday just told me what not to do lol. I found most of the crew in red tee's to be really good and one lady saw I had a major clash and took me right to the front with the gold tickets for neve Campbell so I would not miss both. I thought that was really cool of her for doing that.

this year was my first and at the time I thought never again after he sent me away from my photo shoot after not wanting to hear what I had to say but thinking about it none stop on my 3 hr drive home, I will go again and when I crew ill be the bloody best I can be :)

• Like 7

I would say that they shouldn't block you for making a complaint but it depends on how you do it. Be rude and abusive yourself and I'm sure you would get a warning.

I would suggest that you email SM after the show, that way it's private, your not spreading it around ect. Keep it polite and explain what happened, what you saw and why it concerned you and just add that you wanted to make them aware of the issue, and that whilst you know show are stressful for the crew as well, you were very concerned about how they dealt with this issue, particularly the child. The crew on a whole work very hard and have to deal with some very difficult and sometimes down right rude/abusive customers and I really feel for them, it's not easy when they are in the firing line for unhappy customers who are stressing out, especially when they don't know or can't help. However it always bears that you have to try and not let it influence how you deal with other people.

If you have issues like this again, try and find a pit boss - in the red tshirts - and explain to them, hopefully they may be able to resolve it for you. They do try to get people with clashes through lines as quickly as possible when they can do so.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

think his name was Barry? yeah he was really rude and sarcastic to everyone just kept going off on one. having a go at that little autistic boy was way out of line, everyone could see he was very stressed by all the goings on and was only there for 1 photo before his mum was taking him home.

I was going to make a complaint but from what I was told yesterday " no don't they will block you from the forum if you have a voice" so im no longer going to bother. I will say tho that when im crew in Bournemouth im going to be really friendly loads of smiles and do my best. seeing him on the Friday just told me what not to do lol. I found most of the crew in red tee's to be really good and one lady saw I had a major clash and took me right to the front with the gold tickets for neve Campbell so I would not miss both. I thought that was really cool of her for doing that.

this year was my first and at the time I thought never again after he sent me away from my photo shoot after not wanting to hear what I had to say but thinking about it none stop on my 3 hr drive home, I will go again and when I crew ill be the bloody best I can be :)

Yey at least I know there'll be a friendly crew member when I go to the Bournemouth Con then! You have a great attitude! :smile:

• Like 2

I also have a complaint about a female crew member who brushed off me and my BF when we needed help. She simply said "I'm too busy, go and find someone else". Not good enough I'm afraid because we only wanted one question answering.... :|

I also have a complaint about a female crew member who brushed off me and my BF when we needed help. She simply said "I'm too busy, go and find someone else". Not good enough I'm afraid because we only wanted one question answering.... :|

We had that too, we asked her where the organisers booth had been moved to as it wasn't where it was supposed to be on the map and got an 'I don't know I'm busy' before she hurried off. Very very rude. And again from one of the guys at the Sales Desk queue, we got an 'I don't know, this is my first day' and then wandered off, didn't offer to find someone else to help or anything.

The red shirts have been wonderful, you can tell they are experienced and helpful. Fetching chairs for my friend who has a stick and has trouble standing or walking fast and making sure she was okay. Unlike the other attendees who nearly knocked her down repeatedly by pushing past and generally shoving. Not impressed by the layout or by having two floors only accessible by crowded lifts that you wait for for ages.

• Like 1

On a positive note, I thought the young girl on the RDA autograph queue did really well, especially considering the number of people who were faced with the prospect of not getting an auto. And I also liked the fact that there were red shirts coming to help out too.

We had that too, we asked her where the organisers booth had been moved to as it wasn't where it was supposed to be on the map and got an 'I don't know I'm busy' before she hurried off. Very very rude. And again from one of the guys at the Sales Desk queue, we got an 'I don't know, this is my first day' and then wandered off, didn't offer to find someone else to help or anything.

The red shirts have been wonderful, you can tell they are experienced and helpful. Fetching chairs for my friend who has a stick and has trouble standing or walking fast and making sure she was okay. Unlike the other attendees who nearly knocked her down repeatedly by pushing past and generally shoving. Not impressed by the layout or by having two floors only accessible by crowded lifts that you wait for for ages.

Exactly, I thought it was rude. If she had just said "I'm very sorry I don't know" and then directed us to an area where we could have asked someone else then I wouldn't have minded. The guy on the table with a guest was more helpful and even admitted he didn't know where one guest was, because he'd been sat at the same table all day. I liked that because at least he was honest and nice about it, but he did atleast offer us a place where we could go and ask someone where the last guest was :)

• Like 1

Yey at least I know there'll be a friendly crew member when I go to the Bournemouth Con then! You have a great attitude! :smile:

ill be crew on the sunday :) ill be the fat bloke with the sh#t tattoos on both arms lol im not sure how it works as yet as ive not read the handbook, BUT I live in hope that I can sit next to Robert Englund lol I do know that nasty bloke said hes not doing Bournemouth as he was going to Scotland or something like that. I understand it can be a stressful event, but I like to treat each and every person the same.. as I like to be treated. if it gets really out of hand ill just be thinking how lucky I am to just be there let alone ware the crew top lol

• Like 2

Thankfully I didn't meet any rude crew members - everyone was fantastic to me. I was the one struggling with the heat even with a fan. I was given water and a chair whenever I needed it. (Or I would have passed out on the floor!) making sure I was okay to carry on.

Big thank you from me

• Like 1

I would say that they shouldn't block you for making a complaint but it depends on how you do it. Be rude and abusive yourself and I'm sure you would get a warning.

That's true, they shouldn't, but I've known people to get banned from the forum when they've been perfectly calm, reasonable, and polite: no bad language, no slagging anyone off, just offering constructive criticism and suggestions on how to make LFCC enjoyable for everyone.

The only 'rude' crew member I encountered was the woman trying to keep order at the Level 3 lifts Saturday. There was a huge queue to get down the stairs, and when people starting leaving the talk and tried to push in at the front, I went up and politely told them that there was a queue and showed them where the end of it was. Most people, although confused (as we all were) as to why there was a queue to go down the stairs, joined the back of it. One group of young men simply stood then, waiting for me to return to my place in line, then started pushing in again. When I tutted loudly at them, I was basically told to f*** off. I went to the crew member, explained what had happened, and told her that if this continued, there were probably be some fights breaking out as some people had been in the queue for 30 minutes already and were getting frustrated. She basically brushed me off and said there was nothing she could do about it. She made no attempt to even look for another crew member or venue security.