Anyone met Sigourney Weaver yet?

Dent_1, I was at the SW talk when you asked her about the film. I am pleased you did as it is my fave film of hers and was trying to ask a question myself but never got to. I spoke to her myself at the signing briefly about the film. So thank you for getting that question in. At the signing I wanted to get my main item signed which was my Bafta book of portraits and as I presented it to her she said oh a Tony book, then looked embarrassed at her mistake. A classy lady that had time for everyone and in my opinion the best guest I have met at the SM events.

Agree, good question. Was a bit "Aliens" heavy, could have covered a bit more ground. Would have been nice to have got her thoughts on doing voice work for example like in Wall-E and even in Paul she's mostly a voice. I was trying to ask about that but didn't get picked. Still great to listen to her talk though, over far too soon :)

And like others have said the autograph session felt so relaxed it was amazing. Still can't quite believe this all happened :D

For those who haven't seen the photo thread I think this is my favourite photo I took at her solo panel :)

DSC_4527.JPG

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 5

Sigourney was so lovely. So happy to have an Alien and Aliens poster signed. Wasn't planning on getting a personalisation but once I got to her I thought who better to add a personalisation than Ripley which she was happy to do despite the sign saying there were to be none.

• Like 1

Sigourney was so lovely. So happy to have an Alien and Aliens poster signed. Wasn't planning on getting a personalisation but once I got to her I thought who better to add a personalisation than Ripley which she was happy to do despite the sign saying there were to be none.

Good work Dookudub!

If you don't ask you don't get...

Dent_1, I was at the SW talk when you asked her about the film. I am pleased you did as it is my fave film of hers and was trying to ask a question myself but never got to. I spoke to her myself at the signing briefly about the film. So thank you for getting that question in. At the signing I wanted to get my main item signed which was my Bafta book of portraits and as I presented it to her she said oh a Tony book, then looked embarrassed at her mistake. A classy lady that had time for everyone and in my opinion the best guest I have met at the SM events.

Agree, good question. Was a bit "Aliens" heavy, could have covered a bit more ground. Would have been nice to have got her thoughts on doing voice work for example like in Wall-E and even in Paul she's mostly a voice. I was trying to ask about that but didn't get picked. Still great to listen to her talk though, over far too soon :)

And like others have said the autograph session felt so relaxed it was amazing. Still can't quite believe this all happened :D

For those who haven't seen the photo thread I think this is my favourite photo I took at her solo panel :)

DSC_4527.JPG

Ahhh...love this photo!

Dent_1 I was one person ahead of you at the signing. I heard you buy the additional autographs and you said to me you wanted one from each film.

I then heard Sigourney call over her assisstant to look at something while i was on the side table putting my stuff away.

I Had goldpass and managed to get an auto from her and agree it was a great move to place her in a separat room as it made for a calmer atmosphere. Also am so so happy i got the purchased the powerloader shoot instead of a normal shoot wich was slightly cheeper, is so much worth the extra cost just wish the powerloader would have been slightly more visible but im thrilled over the pic. But i have to agree with many of the posters she looked stunning. She has seriously aged great.

It was great to get a power loader photo with Sigourney Weaver. I guess I reflect on the fact that I didn't get a delorean shoot with MJF and Chris now but that would've burnt a hell of a hole in my wallet. Was just happy to get a photo with both of them.

I am pleased for those who were able to get prop shots with all of the guests - great memories, but standard photo shots are just as memorable.

I am still pinching myself that I met all those famous people as it was my first convention. I won't forget it in a hurry and hope I can make next summer's convention. Depends if I have the cash or not.

Loved the Sigourney experience, couldn't believe how nice she was and so approachable - the power loader photoshoot first of all, where she was shaking hands, smiling and chatting, and being very friendly. The photo signing was wonderful, to be in that lovely peaceful room away from the crowds and chaos! Sigourney really perked up when I said as much as I love the Alien movies, my special favourite of hers is Working Girl - she really grinned and said how much fun Working Girl was! Both the Q&As were great, the one with Bill Paxton & Carrie Henn was so much fun, and the one of Sigourney on her own was terrific, although I wish it had gone on longer! She was a class act, and I would love to see her at an event again.

• Like 1

At the same photoshoot a bloke before me got down on one knee and offered up some green ring, in an proposal send-up. Sigourney looked a bit surprised at first and then played along with a flattered, hand on chest pose. This was a big guy and he struggled getting up, nearly loosing balance and she instinctively leapt to help him. Then when the next guy came for his photo she said, "you should know that I am engaged now!" which the queue enjoyed.

I struggled getting up because I was shaking so badly! *lol*

No problems getting up in my other photoshoots, I was just so nervous with Sigourney!

Edit%20-%20Photo%20Shoot%2013_zpsgmmurnd

P.S. Wait, "proposal send-up"? What do you mean, "send-up"?

Edited by Stenun
  • Like 4

Dent_1 I was one person ahead of you at the signing. I heard you buy the additional autographs and you said to me you wanted one from each film.

I then heard Sigourney call over her assisstant to look at something while i was on the side table putting my stuff away.

It killed my wallet to do it but Sigourney is my favourite actress, bar none, and this may well have been a once in a lifetime opportunity. I never meet many guests at these shows so that helped me go all out on this occasion.

Each Alien film is so unique (I enjoy them ALL), and each time played so differently by Sigourney, that it didn't feel repetitious to have a pic signed from each. She called over her make-up artist who's been with her decades and made her up for the Alien 3 pic below - I think it was Sigourney's favourite of what I gave her to sign.

Extremely jealous of all those who got her 'full' signature and/or a personalisation!

I would love to see more images of what people got Sigourney to sign.

68cbaef6-c308-45b3-95e3-b3ff07357299.jpgf6007494-4b3d-4f51-8188-623471555b1e.jpg

69034901-e633-4448-8df2-80143e62e8cf.jpg1142850d-ce70-48b8-aa5e-368ed7e80308.jpg

Edited by Dent_1

Got in very late on sunday evening, really with the last 30 people or so in that line ( no diamond or golden pass) so there was not much left of aliens on the table to pick from ( wished i brought a cool pic from home but was not even expecting to get in that room to meet her )

i got this one :

ripley.jpg

is it me or did she just signed her name on saturday and on sunday she stared adding Ripley to the sig ? or was that the whole weekend ?

Edited by Hudson

Got in very late on sunday evening, really with the last 30 people or so in that line ( no diamond or golden pass) so there was not much left of aliens on the table to pick from ( wished i brought a cool pic from home but was not even expecting to get in that room to meet her )

i got this one :

ripley.jpg

is it me or did she just signed her name on saturday and on sunday she stared adding Ripley to the sig ? or was that the whole weekend ?

I got "Linda" under her signature on Saturday (I had a Snow Cake poster) :D

I got "Ripley" on my signed picture. I think it all started as Carrie Henn was signing "Newt" on the Aliens stuff and she seemed to take a cue from that.

Sigourney was great though, I asked her how she was finding the con and she said she loved it and was surprised how many people were dressed up but thought it was great. If I had known about her Doc Martin cameo I would have asked how she liked Cornwall!

I saw her walking around on three different occasions, going to and from photoshoots and to the talk, but every time she was walking around head high, smiling at everyone. She just came across as a really nice person.

I got "Ripley" on my signed picture. I think it all started as Carrie Henn was signing "Newt" on the Aliens stuff and she seemed to take a cue from that.

Sigourney was great though, I asked her how she was finding the con and she said she loved it and was surprised how many people were dressed up but thought it was great. If I had known about her Doc Martin cameo I would have asked how she liked Cornwall!

I saw her walking around on three different occasions, going to and from photoshoots and to the talk, but every time she was walking around head high, smiling at everyone. She just came across as a really nice person.

I'm so excited about Doc Martin!!! And I also wish the news about the cameo had surfaced earlier!