Anyone met Sigourney Weaver yet?

With the complaints myself and others had over the weekend, I can honestly say thank you to SM for bringing over such a great guest. The highlight of my 2 days there (Fri & Sun) was meeting Sigourney. I am a big fan of hers and she was so genuine, warm and friendly. Took time with everyone and didn't feel rushed when taking your minute to two with her. Was pleased I had paid for a diamond pass and don't regret for one minute the money it cost me to meet her. Please bring her back in the future for another LFACC if possible. Made my year meeting her.

• Like 3

For all the hard work the staff do I don't begrudge them grabbing a photo op when they can! I would!

Neither would I, but when it directly interferes with doing their job successfully on the day and people who've paid a lot of £ suffer and miss out as a result - then that is inexcusable in my book.

Shame really as 99% of the staff on the day/ weekend were perfect and calm under pressure- it's just that 1% that let's the reputation of the whole group down by doing things like this.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

What number were you?

Got a VT at about 9:20am and was number 325. I didn't stand a chance of getting an autograph 20 minutes after it opened!

I was under the impression that even dealers/crew can't take virtual tickets until the doors open, that was certainly the case at n event I was at a while back but this was not the case this time, I was there at 9am on the dot and I got 142

She was amazing with everything going on meeting her and Lea Thompson made my weekend. I was collecting my photo and commented to the guy standing next to me how stunning she looked, maybe a bit to loud because he agreed and said she was looking at us and smiling..

Edited by Jabberwocky50

For all the hard work the staff do I don't begrudge them grabbing a photo op when they can! I would!

Neither would I, but when it directly interferes with doing their job successfully on the day and people who've paid a lot of £ suffer and miss out as a result - then that is inexcusable in my book.

Shame really as 99% of the staff on the day/ weekend were perfect and calm under pressure- it's just that 1% that let's the reputation of the whole group down by doing things like this.

Yes I agree there which is why I said "when they can" I.e. When it doesn't interfere with the paying public Edited by PaulWalker1972
  • Like 1

The talk yesterday was ok. The interviewer just kept talking about Alien films and nothing else. It wasn't an Alien talk but a SW talk. He kept talking about himself and gushing at her. Hardly any of us got to ask a question cause he took up all the time. Was interesting to hear her views though.

The talk yesterday was ok. The interviewer just kept talking about Alien films and nothing else. It wasn't an Alien talk but a SW talk. He kept talking about himself and gushing at her. Hardly any of us got to ask a question cause he took up all the time. Was interesting to hear her views though.

Ah that's too bad. I went to the Aliens talk so perhaps I didn't miss out too much. Thanks!

Edited by Matt Effect

I guess that's the other side of it- personally I loved that most of the talk was about the Alien films, even though I love her in other things too, and I preferred that the interviewer was a fan rather than a generic type with no real idea what they were asking/talking about :)

Also, even though I couldn't afford an auto or photo, I very luckily passed her twice in the hallway! She smiled and said hi both times, so lovely of her!

• Like 2

I was over the moon the majority of the talk was about Aliens as that's what the majority of the crowd were there for.

I thought there was enough talk about her past / experiences in the beginning before moving onto the meat of the talk on Aliens.

I think the majority of questions from the audience weren't on Aliens so there was that also.

She was Nice and polite. Wanted an autograph. Butjust couldnt spend that time in The queue, shame that her queue wasnt as awesome as Bill Paxtons, and Michael Gamdons queues short and fast!. BUT :) I got The photoshoot. So I got a Nice token atleast. Ithink in the end that I Will value that alot.

Did you get an autograph?

What number were you?

Got a VT at about 9:20am and was number 325. I didn't stand a chance of getting an autograph 20 minutes after it opened!

I was under the impression that even dealers/crew can't take virtual tickets until the doors open, that was certainly the case at n event I was at a while back but this was not the case this time, I was there at 9am on the dot and I got 142

What number were you?

No one got any tickets before the doors open. I was in that area and saw it happen. The first Gold Pass holder arrived at around 8.47 AM and was asked to wait. The line really got long fast. One girl I happen to know came in pretty much after him, stopped to say three words to me and ended up with a number over 50.

What number were you?

I was ticket 127 and they only went up to 130 on Saturday, I nelieve they only did up to 300ish on Sunday

Great that you managed to get an autograph. What time did you actually get to the Sigourney booth?

What number were you?

No one got any tickets before the doors open. I was in that area and saw it happen. The first Gold Pass holder arrived at around 8.47 AM and was asked to wait. The line really got long fast. One girl I happen to know came in pretty much after him, stopped to say three words to me and ended up with a number over 50.

Did Gold passes get earlier entry?

I'd echo the sentiments of everyone else on here and add that Sigourney was a class act all the way.

My first encounter with her was at the 1st Power Loader shoot on Saturday morning where she was exchanging words with EVERYONE who came to meet her. I knew she was very statuesque anyway but I said to her "wow you are so tall in real life" and she said "well I've got heels on." Funny she ditched the heels on Sunday...

As many will know, often in shoots some guests will quite literally just stand there inanimate, but Sigourney gave a great first impression for the consistently good encounters that were to follow across the rest of the weekend.

At the same photoshoot a bloke before me got down on one knee and offered up some green ring, in an proposal send-up. Sigourney looked a bit surprised at first and then played along with a flattered, hand on chest pose. This was a big guy and he struggled getting up, nearly loosing balance and she instinctively leapt to help him. Then when the next guy came for his photo she said, "you should know that I am engaged now!" which the queue enjoyed.

Then at her first regular shoot on Saturday she was equally friendly with the greetings. She pulled a 'horrified' face for the bloke who had a chestburster coming out of his shirt. What I liked about this was that she didn't look 100% natural at doing these poses, and that showed a lot of effort was put in for her fans IMO. Then she pulled a bloke's little boy into shot (who was only there so het didn't get lost), hugging him and making him part of the occasion too. I had to go for a reshoot and told her I messed it up, she said "it was probably me!"

When I went to get her autograph (with diamond pass) I was a little disappointed there were no personalisations allowed but given how little signing time she had I was just glad to meet her and if it meant more people got to meet her then fair enough. I also thought this would mean that meeting her for autos would be a very rushed affair but it was totally the opposite and the most relaxed autograph experience I had over the whole weekend and one of the most relaxed ever in fact.

Putting Sigourney's signing in the anti-room was a great idea: it was calm, queit, spacious and a relaxing break from the hordes outside who would have no doubt gawked otherwise. No doubt the setting added to the experience for Sigourney herself. She took time with everyone. Not in a slow way like some guests, but she engaged with you properly, handled items slowly and carefully and took genuine interest in the people and the items they had brought to her.

I got her to sign four 8x10 stills (one for each Alien film) and two Alien trading cards. I asked for all 4 stills to be signed in blue and she happily obliged. She asked me if I still wanted it in blue on my Aliens photo, as that had a blue background and she was worried it wouldn't show well (nice that she cared to ask).

Then when she looked at my Alien 3 picture she stopped and said "I like your picture" and I said that it took some finding and she said "you know we took this in the South of France?" I said I had seen the other pictures with the big black collar she wore and black leather gloves (as this was a fashion shoot around the time Alien 3 was released but she put the Alien 3 costume on, rather than it being an 'Alien publicity shoot').

She looked quietly surprised and happy that I knew that and had found this image from 20 odd years ago. I then told her that my gf said I shouldn't use that picture (even though I really liked it) because she is more "done-up" (make-up-wise) than in Alien 3 and looked prettier than in the film! Then Sigourney said, "Well! It was the same make-up artist for the film as well as this shoot, in fact she's here." (she turns around at this point and calls over a woman I saw earlier at her Aliens Talk). "Linda, you remember this." They both gazed at it admiringly for a few moments and Sigourney turned to me and very sincerely said "I'm so glad you have this".

Then she signed my Resurrection pic and she ditched the blue pen because she was quite right that silver was the best colour for that one!

Then she signed two trading cards and at this point I realised something when she kept lowering the pen and hesitating before signing on the third attempt: that she doesn't sign on her own image if she can help it and instead always opts to sign in the 'dead space'. She signed both cards then handing them back to me said "what are these" and I told her "like bubblegum cards" and she got it. Nice to have shown her something new and I think guest get confused you ask them to sign things like these that are so small!

I thanked her, told her it was nice to have met her and she gave me a good handshake and went on my way. Looking at all my autographs and those of other people's I saw, she didn't rush any of them, and they were all neatly done, carefully placed and all identical. With this and her demeanour, she clearly cared what she was doing. Although I will enviously say that my signatures are not quite as good as the fully legible one on the Alien poster in another thread!

At the Aliens Talk she was good, although Paxton stole the show and was really funny. And her own talk on Sunday was excellent. Some repetitous info. from Saturday's talk and stuff you will have heard on Alien DVD commentaries etc. in different versions but all good stuff, and info that was not heard. She started the talk by thanking everyone for coming and very genuinely that that she found it very "moving" and enjoyed getting to see the "other side" of the movie industry: the fans.

I decided to bite the bullet and get my hand in the air and ask a question (you only live once right?!?) and told her that of all her films Copycat was one of my personal favourites and asked her to share any fond memories of that picture. Amongst other things, she said her character Helen in that film was one of the most interesting she has ever played, she found the content quite terrifying, they re-shot lots of scenes not knowing how far to push the material and she was "so pleased that like it".

I enjoyed meeting her at the various points across the weekend but this was probably the best bit of the show for me, where she gave a lifelong fan her undivided attention.

On the way out of the auditorium another attendee went past muttering to a friend "as if you'd ask about Copycat". Well sister, I guess you should have got your hand up! :poki: I am an Aliens nut but it was nice that her talk had a bit more breadth in terms of topics because I was there for SIGOURNEY WEAVER not Ellen Ripley and it was obvious that whilst she was more than happy to talk about Aliens and Galaxy Quest for the hundredth time, she clearly enjoyed being asked about her other work more and she really liked the final question a lady asked about strong female roles in films and on tv.

The Sigourney Weaver experience was completed when my partner went for the last normal photoshoot with her on Sunday (her first ever!). She doesn't like these sorts of things because she can get starstruck but she said to Sigourney without even thinking: "Oh my God this is so surreal!" to which she replied, "Yeah it really is, isn't it?"

Great weekend made by meeting the Queen of sci-fi and a thoroughly lovely lady.

Edited by Dent_1
  • Like 10

Sigourney weaver was pure class! I was about number 200 in the cue and i went straight to bill paxton to get my vq and my number was 192 he was the only vq i got as i bought a diamond pass for sigourney because she is such a big guest, there seems to be alot of people complaining about cues but i dont understand what did people expect is SIGOURNEY WEAVER ofcourse the curs will be long ofcourse you might have to wait all day to meet her there are literally thousands of people doing the same thing, i nearly didnt meet paxton cos i didnt buy a diamond pass for him but i new that when i made that decision. Showmasters is getting more popular each year and is only going to get bigger my advice to people is start saving now so you can buy a diamond pass for next year and then that way you wont be disappointed cos i certainly wasnt.

Dent_1, I was at the SW talk when you asked her about the film. I am pleased you did as it is my fave film of hers and was trying to ask a question myself but never got to. I spoke to her myself at the signing briefly about the film. So thank you for getting that question in. At the signing I wanted to get my main item signed which was my Bafta book of portraits and as I presented it to her she said oh a Tony book, then looked embarrassed at her mistake. A classy lady that had time for everyone and in my opinion the best guest I have met at the SM events.

What number were you?

Did Gold passes get earlier entry?

Yes. The normal door opening was at 9 AM only.

I was standard and got in the line on Sunday at just after 6am!Got a VT ticket#70 and met her just after midday.She took time with everybody and interacted and was genuinely interested in us and some of the items we gave her to sign,She signed my Alien Director's Cut dvd sleeve already signed by Skerritt Hurt Cartwright my Alien blu ray anthology sleeve and an 8x10 from Alien where she is holding Jones the cat!I said please come back and she said I've had a great time I sure will!!What a fantastic lady!!

yeagh the guy in front of me had a ghostbusters proton pack he wanted to get signed, so he took it off at her table and she really was looking for a good spot to sign it , while she did that she said something like " great work, im sure it works too"

not everyday u see something like that unfolding before you.

I'm disappointed that I was so in awe when I met her I didn't manage any more than "hello" and "thank you so much". I had things I wanted to say but I just clammed up. :( I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity again but if I do then I won't be making the same mistake! She was so nice!