Getting in for photoshoot

I'll be arriving around 9:00 - 9:30 tomorrow, and I have a Hayley Atwell photoshoot at 11:30 (I won't be able to make the later one at 16:40!) Is there any chance that I will be through the queue in time?

If I show the staff my photoshoot ticket will they be able to speed me through if I'm not in by 11:30? Or alternatively will I be able to get a refund for my tickets? As my sole reason for going is this photoshoot!

I'm horrified by the stories I've been hearing from the queues today, an event like this should be much better organised or less tickets should be made available. If you can't handle the amount of visitors then you shouldn't sell that many tickets! What we have now is a terrible/stressful experience for a lot of visitors, rather than an enjoyable one for a smaller amount.

• Like 1

If you arrive at 9, its not unreasonable to expect to be in by 11.30. The first train from here gets in at 8.40, which gives me 3 hours to get into the building for my 11:30 shoot. Even so, that seems doubtful based on today's issues.

• Like 1

That'll be cutting it very fine I think. Is there no chance you can get there earlier?

Unfortunately not, getting the train from Peterborough :(

Fair enough. Well hopefully you'll be ok, it's impossible to know what the queue will be like tomorrow but normally Sunday's aren't as bad as Saturday's so fingers crossed. I hope everything runs smoothly for you

• Like 1

They never seem to be...each year we are told that so many things are put in place to stop this happening.....yet.... :whistling:

The last time I went to the LFCC was a few years ago for Karen Gillan, I remember it being a great experience but I guess it was a smaller event back then...

Both of my morning photos so far I've been told to come back this afternoon. Rey Mysterio turned up late so they only got through gold and batch 1.

Neve Campbell, they only got through gold as far as I'm aware. How do they expect to get through every batch later if they could barely get through 1?

Now that means I have 4 photoshoots this afternoon, and 3 of them clash...

Edit: OK I feel that I should edit this to say that things were a bit shaky this morning but although the place was still packed and there wasn't a lot of room for queues, pretty much all the problems I had encountered were fixed by the afternoon. Including the queues going up the stairs. The man on photo area B did a great job and he was hard at it ALL day. With a rush, I luckily managed to get all my 4 photos done. Cheers SM.

Edited by TrinityKiller24

That'll be cutting it very fine I think. Is there no chance you can get there earlier?

Unfortunately not, getting the train from Peterborough :(

i've got same photoshoot , train from cambridge at kings cross 9;20

I'm coming with family tomorrow afternoon - we're Batch 4 for the Delorean/MJF shoot - are the queues to get in still bad on a Sunday? We were going to arrive about 15.45 - 16.00, the shoot finishes around 5pm I think. Should we try to get there earlier?

If the shoot *finishes* at 5pm, then yes - even at the tail end of Sunday I'd say get there earlier. I'd get there at least 1 hour before the shoot *starts*... if you end up with time to fill, at least you're inside. You can browse the stalls and get a drink.

Better to be inside and amuse yourself than outside cursing a missed photo...

If the shoot *finishes* at 5pm, then yes - even at the tail end of Sunday I'd say get there earlier. I'd get there at least 1 hour before the shoot *starts*... if you end up with time to fill, at least you're inside. You can browse the stalls and get a drink.

Edit: Nevermind! Just saw the other reply :)

Edited by Lilytoby

Agreed, Ellie, it's not advisable in my opinion to leave it that late to arrive, you never know if there will be problems on the train ect. I'd get there as early as you can, and like Firecracker said at least aim to be inside about an hour before.

My concern is my Christopher Lloyd + Delorean shoot tomorrow. First sesh starts at 0930hrs. I'll be getting in line outside mega early - just hope I get in in time to queue up early enough to get it. I have one of the old paper tickets, which I think they're letting in before e-tickets (?).

#Worried :unsure:

That's what I understand as well. Like I've said I got there at 6.45ish this morning and would estimate I was in the first 2/300 and was in about 9.10. Get there very early and you should be fine, just know where you need to be and how to get there. Get any VQ's you may need first if you can, if you get in quickly you could probably afford 10 mins to get them.

Edited my above post to say this.

Things were a bit shaky this morning but although the place was still packed and there wasn't a lot of room for queues, pretty much all the problems I had encountered were fixed by the afternoon. Including the queues going up the stairs. The man on photo area B did a great job and he was hard at it ALL day. With a rush, I luckily managed to get all my 4 photos done. Cheers SM.

Also I got to the venue at roughly 6:50 and was inside by 9:10. I thought the queue went pretty fast.

Edited by TrinityKiller24

I'm well worried know, I plan on getting there early , I have two photoshoots at 9h30 Bill Paxton and Christopher Lloyd, so there is a clash there , Christopher Lloyd photo session is planned a bit longer so my guess is I should try and get it the first ones for Bill Paxton and the rush to the Christopher Lloyd photoshoot, got those old paper tickets for him, after that it's straight to the Sigourney Weaver shoot around 11....

If everything went smooth time for a snack and back in line early for MJ Fox which is suppose to take place at 4pm....

I guess that I just have to skip the vq tickets as there will not be much time left to stand in line for autographs, for what I could read on some thread they did not even get to vq this Saturday for Christopher Lloyd, I'm gonna focus on photoshoots hoping everything will go smoothly, surely hope so as I have tickets which should secure I get the actuals pics in the end

Some general advice about photoshoots:

If you have a clash, it's usually better to go to the one that starts first and tell the person organising it that this is the case. It will help if you can show them both tickets to prove it. If one starts before and finishes after the one with which it clashes then it's your call really.

To anyone who has a photoshoot which is in two sessions but you can't make the second because of travel arrangements, then again please see the crew member towards the end of the first shoot, show them your travel ticket and they will do their best to feed you in at the end of the first.

To anyone in B today (I was the person *organising" the queue outside) I can only apologise for the slight chaos in a couple, but when a guest turns up nearly 20 minutes late for a 30 minute shoot you are a little hamstrung and just do the best you can in the short time you have. That wasn't the case in the afternoon and to the best of my knowledge everyone who turned up when the shoot was on got through.