Sunday queing

Oh God. My first shoot is Harry Treadaway at 10:40. What do we all think, queue at 8 and in in time?

By 10:40 you shouldn't have any issue being in the queue at 8

And we can't get to the queue any earlier than 9 and I've got my diamond talk with Robert Englund at 10.10 Stuart. What do you suggest?

As has been said repeatedly in many threads - talk to the crew.

Yes, it has, and I planned to do so, however judging by the horrifying stories I've read and heard of no one being able to help and some rude crew members, I am struggling to find a bit of faith in that!

6am is the absolute latest anyone should be there if they want lowest VQ tickets. I know showmasters don't want panic but it's false to say that they can arrive later than that and be amongst the first.

SM admit themselves that these events are getting bigger and bigger each year and with that unfortunately means earlier and earlier starts for those who who really wanna get there early for stuff

Thanks for all the helpful responses. Lucky, I do not need any VQ tickets as the main guests I wish to meet are Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bullock and Gary Kurtz, who, from memory of last year, have open queues. I was only worried about queuing for a very long time and to miss most of the day, as I only have one ticket, but as many of you have reassured, 8am is a reasonable time to start queuing. If I can get in between 10-11am I'd be happy!

I hope there haven't been too many issues for people this year.

A friend and I got in the queue at exactly 8am this morning. Queue started to move at around 9am and we were in at 9.20. All the olympia staff were absolutely awesome. Queuing everybody up it was perfect. Every staff member I encounter were happy and helpful. Amy problems wish clashing we were helped superbly although we did have a great dash get three photos that clashed. If I hit anyone I'm very sorry but we're only just by the skin of our teethadd it to the last two and that's because I could run slightly faster. Queuomg was slightly hetic sometimes but thats the attendees fault asuh as the staff. Other than that perfect day.

• Like 1

Just for info.

Friday I arrived at 1235 and got in by 1345

Saturday I arrived at 815 and got in by 930

Both times I've missed out on a low enough Christopher Lloyd vq ticket, but as I'm very chuffed with my photo, I've decided to miss out on his auto (same goes with Gambon,Sigourney and Bill Paxton)

Aiming for 715 tomorrow

I might be being blonde here, but surely if people buy a ticket to get an auto or photo they should get it? Why give out VQTs if staff know they won't get through? If say a popular guest has a lot of people coming for tickets, why not stop when it get's too many? Do you get your money back if you don't get the pic or auto?

Hi guys

I can't get there until 11:30 this morning, I'm travelling in a long way. Am I going to be able to get a vq ticket for Hayley do you think? She's really the reason I'm going.

If i can't get a VQ ticket are you allowedto just stand and wait in line? I haven't been to one of these in years.

Edited by aqui

Hi guys

I can't get there until 11:30 this morning, I'm travelling in a long way. Am I going to be able to get a vq ticket for Hayley do you think? She's really the reason I'm going.

If i can't get a VQ ticket are you allowedto just stand and wait in line? I haven't been to one of these in years.

I'm guessing you mean Hayley Atwell? In which case, I got a VQ for her as soon as I got in yesterday at 9:10 and got tickets around the 130 mark. When I met her at 12, the gentleman running the queue said they had run out of tickets. Though I don't think they expected such a high demand for her and I don't know what number she finished on as I didn't want to attempt to get back upstairs after the stairs fiasco. One thing I do know was she was taking her time until I went to meet her, and then she stopped having photos and had quick conversations with people, which was a shame but needed.

Also, unless a guest has an 'open queue', you'll need a VQ ticket. So if Hayley is busy again, you'll need a ticket unless her queue opens near the end of the day, which can and does happen.

I honestly hope you get to meet her and I'm sorry this post probably won't fill you with much confidence, but you'll only be in it to win it if you try. I'm crossing everything for you!

Edited by Chicken

I might be being blonde here, but surely if people buy a ticket to get an auto or photo they should get it? Why give out VQTs if staff know they won't get through? If say a popular guest has a lot of people coming for tickets, why not stop when it get's too many? Do you get your money back if you don't get the pic or auto?

The only auto tickets you can purchase before being IN the queue are the Diamond tickets which guarantee you the package contents so yes, unless something drastic has happened, they should get what they paid for. The VQ's are not auto tickets though, they are merely a place in the queue, like at the deli counter in a supermarket - so that you don't have to stand in one queue all day and can get more done because you know you have a place being 'held' for you.

Regarding how many are given out and whether it's realistic, I'll ask you this.......How many signatures will, lets say Sigourney Weaver sign in a day? It's guessable but impossible to say. She might sign really slowly and not manage to get through anyone other than the Diamonds, or really quickly and get through hundreds of others. They need to give out a lot of VQ's in case the guest is really quick as it prevents the chaos of hundreds queuing at the same time in the same place.

Hi guys

You can stand in line without a VQ if the guest has gone to 'open queue' but if not you will need a VQ. A lot of the guests do go to open queues at the end of the day but obviously there's no telling who will or won't.

• Like 1

Honestly the organisation here is a complete farce. Been here since 7:00 and it turns out that staff put me and a fellow attendee (who was there earlier than I) in the wrong queue, even though we did ask if we were in the right one in the first place. We talked to the staff who are doing nothing about it except put is to the very back of the right one when it was their fault we were put in the wrong queue in the first place >:(

• Like 1

Honestly the organisation here is a complete farce. Been here since 7:00 and it turns out that staff put me and a fellow attendee (who was there earlier than I) in the wrong queue, even though we did ask if we were in the right one in the first place. We talked to the staff who are doing nothing about it except put is to the very back of the right one when it was their fault we were put in the wrong queue in the first place > :(

Sorry to hear that! How are the queues moving?

VQs are not bought. They're like a deli system where you are effectively given a place in a queue. Just as in a deli you could get up there to find all the sliced ham is gone, you could find they're signing too slowly in the convention and your ticket never gets "called" (they up the numbers in groups, e.g. 1-50, then 1-80, 1-100, etc.).

Photos are usually going to happen unless you miss them for some reason.