Sunday queing

Hello,

I will hopefully be arriving at the venue tomorrow morning at around 8am (I am only attending the one day). I've heard a lot of problems about getting in, so I'm just curious as to whether this is early enough to gain entry for around 10 am? As, unlike many of you, I won't have another day to meet guests and I'd rather know in advance as to whether to get there sooner.

Thank you, and I hope your day goes smoothly!

Will

That's utterly disgusting!!...

We were told there would be VAST improvements to this after last year's debacle and the "cut-off" sell out tickets ....

I am SERIOUSLY worried for Sunday now as I physically cannot get up there early....I don't expect to arrive until around 10 a.m. at the latest....I really hope I don't waste my money on yet another Showmasters Summer LFCC Day of Purgatory :thumbdown:

I'm coming on the Sunday but won't be arriving until about 1PM - first photoshoot is at 2:50. I'm really panicking about whether or not I'll be able to get in for it because of all the horror stories I'm hearing of the queueing. :(

It's generally bad before and getting in for doors opening. After that rush, it's not usually as bad. In previous years, I never had to get in for 9am openings, and always rocked up at around 11:30-12pm, walked right in for my afternoon photos.

If it helps you relax - remember, lots of people will have done Friday or Saturday and be finished. Anyone still going on Sunday will probably have entered by the time you get there!

If you can get there earlier then it might help, but I'd think you'd be OK by 1pm. Maybe someone who went today can comment on how the queues are at 1pm, and then you'll know they'll be the same or better tomorrow (if more people are done by EOD today).

same as last year my early sunday train gets me there around 10;30-11am

last year i walked straight in,lucky no queue like sat, only just made 1st photoshoot

which is why i think the times photos should be planned ahead more,

need info times when they sell tickets

Once they que started going it did go pretty fast. We started queing at like 8:30 and didn't get in til gone 10. If you've got an early photo shoot your pushing it, if not you shouldn't be in too late.

The crew don't seem to know anything though. I went in to get my gold pass and the woman told me to go to the other counter, the woman there said I need to go back. The first woman told me she had no scanned so I walked off and found a woman off my own back.

Everyone you ask in the venue doesn't seem to know anything they just say sorry I've just been told to do this. Don't get me wrong I've found a few very helpful people. Then generally seem to be the pit bosses though and there was a few nice people around the arena

The floor plans are terrible I've noticed. I had to memorise everything after finding it myself

Edit: I forgot to mention I had a gold pass but my friend had a standard ticket so I got my pass then joined him. It got to about 9:45 and I didn't want to risk waiting any longer so I run in so I didn't miss my shoot. Literally ran everywhere trying to find E but it was where I waked in but round the corner!

Edited by Aearin

The crew don't seem to know anything though. I went in to get my gold pass and the woman told me to go to the other counter, the woman there said I need to go back. The first woman told me she had no scanned so I walked off and found a woman off my own back.

Everyone you ask in the venue doesn't seem to know anything they just say sorry I've just been told to do this. Don't get me wrong I've found a few very helpful people. Then generally seem to be the pit bosses though and there was a few nice people around the arena

The floor plans are terrible I've noticed. I had to memorise everything after finding it myself

I must say I was shocked by how many of the staff did not know a thing :( Although there were many helpful ones too :)

Edited by Goonieboy

I think the issue is that many of the staff only know about the bit they are doing, i think it would be impossible to brief them all on everything happening. I think it would be hard to come up with a workable way for all the staff to have the info on the whole show as the people on the queues and with the guests for example really need to concentrate on that and not get sidetracked with other issues as it could cause problems if they aren't paying attention to their role.

• Like 2

I arrived at 10:30 today and the queue stretched WAY round the Olympia, but it was fast moving and got into to the venue at 10:15. Arriving for 8:45 tomorrow but no telling when I'll get in, very hit and miss unfortunately. Most morning shoots I think have afternoon slots (which I know isn't helpful for all) but is definitely reassuring!