How's everyone's day gone?

There was unfortunately no organisation this morning for gold passes. Wrist bands were not handed out in the queue,I only managed to meet 4 out of 8 guests, diamond passes didn't have much of a impact on access to the lines, know one knew where you were meant to stand, VQT were not ready for when it opened. Crew didn't really know where shoots and booths were, floor plan was not really like the layout and there was no third floor. However all the guests were pleasant I met Daniel Portman, Carrie Henn, Robert Englund and Neve Campbell. Couldn't get Richard Dean Anderson as from my understanding he stopped singing at 4pm. Hoping tomorrow will be better organised and guests stay all day.VERY busy for a Friday

Edited by ritchyb1983
  • Like 1

There was unfortunately no organisation this morning for gold passes. Wrist bands were not handed out in the queue,I only managed to meet 4 out of 8 guests, diamond passes didn't have much of a impact on access to the lines, know one knew where you were meant to stand, VQT were not ready for when it opened. Crew didn't really know where shoots and booths were, floor plan was not really like the layout and there was no third floor. However all the guests were pleasant I met Daniel Portman, Carrie Henn, Robert Englund and Neve Campbell. Couldn't get Richard Dean Anderson as from my understanding he stopped singing at 4pm. Hoping tomorrow will be better organised and guests stay all day.VERY busy for a Friday

Hoping this will be better tomorrow - this is what I was afraid of.

Great day. The queue (for us normal ticket people) was very long, and possibly only confused by a staff member making everyone at the back bunch up so it went from an organised line to a bizarre bunched up mess.

Anyhoo, venue is great. Well spaced out so even though it was really busy (Saturday and Sunday will be interesting) it never felt cramped.

Big props to the cos-players. Every person I saw just looked brilliant.

Gripes. Gary Kurtz didn't turn up at all, which was annoying. John Wagner and Will Simpson also weren't in the comics zone, just empty stands. No worries with that as guessing they will be there over the weekend but could have saved me carrying my Dredd poster around all day if the guest lists said what days they were attending.

I only went from 4-6 then left to rest my feet, legs and back, hopefully they will last the weekend! It was busier than I expected and hard to move around in places due to queues merging, but most of the guests will be in a different area tomorrow so hopefully it will be better.

Took a long time to get my bearings. I wanted to go back to a stall to buy something and couldn't find it again! I didn't meet anyone today, was too overwhelmed by it all! But bought some things from the stalls and admired the amazing costumes. The next two days are gonna be loooong but awesome.

Exactly my experience, although l did get my wristband in the queue, they only started handing those out like 15 minutes before openingtime, thus waaaaaaaay too late. Also no one had a clue where the vouchers and goodiebags were. As expected, although promised differently by SM, the VQ tickets were not immidiatly available, sunday photoshoot tickets were not immidiatly available either, so even after finally getting the vouchers, couldn't even spent them on sunday guests...all in all l can not say l got the VIP feeling l should be getting with a gold pass...maybe all the attention went to diamond pass holders and those guests?

• Like 1

This is what i was worried about when buying a GoldPass. You expect that you should get some sense of priority over standard ticket holders. I will stick to a standard next year

Last year l got that feeling, yup...this year? So far nope. Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

Btw, the supposed seperate lines for yalc and gold pass holders? Didn't happen, yalc and gold were combined in one queue.

Slightly random question but hows the air con? I hope it's not as boiling as last year!

It was boiling on level 1 until they finally turned the airco on, then suddenly it was doable, but still was very warm everywhere, comparable to last year if you ask me.

I didnt feel I had special attention I had diamond for Sigourney and Robert no different to normal tickets.....unfortunately :-(

Exactly my experience, although l did get my wristband in the queue, they only started handing those out like 15 minutes before openingtime, thus waaaaaaaay too late. Also no one had a clue where the vouchers and goodiebags were. As expected, although promised differently by SM, the VQ tickets were not immidiatly available, sunday photoshoot tickets were not immidiatly available either, so even after finally getting the vouchers, couldn't even spent them on sunday guests...all in all l can not say l got the VIP feeling l should be getting with a gold pass...maybe all the attention went to diamond pass holders and those guests?

It was busy, amazing, confusing, exciting and surreal all at the same time. I have no idea how I'm going to get through tomorrow haha It was really boiling inside the venue at times and things seemed a little disorganised but I don't really care. I got to meet everyone I've planned for today so it's all good. It still hasn't hit me that I've meet people that I've admired for years.

• Like 1

I didnt feel I had special attention I had diamond for Sigourney and Robert no different to normal tickets.....unfortunately :-(

Even worse then, a shame really...lets hope it'll be WAY better tomorrow, when things really get started...

I had a good day:

Positives:

Better venue

All guests lovely

Crew very, very helpful (bar one)

Negatives:

The crew member sitting at Marc McClure's table was a miserable sod who needs a lesson in customer service. Ruined my experience meeting Marc and needs to be disciplined tbh.

Having to sacrifice missing Tom Savini's shoot in order to get to Neve Campbell's photo shoot. This was due to power problems in Photo Area C making JDF's shoot go over schedule. Got refund for my trouble though.

Overall, a good day and I hope the problems they had today will be learnt and sorted before tomorrow.

Have a great weekend guys :)

• Like 1

Anyone expecting to pick up their Diamond Pass tomorrow better hope it is quicker than today I was put in 4 different lines, got to the end of the first 3 to be told to go in the right line! Took nearly 40 minutes to get my pass in the end.... not exactly quick, a waste of 40 minutes after I pad 400 quid.

Place was boiling as well. Unbearable in fact. But hey thats the venues fault.

Bit of a mess with RDA's photoshoot, didn't get through in the first session which was annoying as it meant we had to forsake our bus home to stay for the second one. My complaint would be no one actually came to tell us at the back that the first session was over.

I'm guessing that they weren't expecting to get us all through in the evening either as they called those of us who were only there for today forward in the queue.

My day was alright. Got most of my photo shoots and Auto's done bar Christopher Lloyd auto and Richard dean Anderson Auto and Photo shoot ( I have to come back tomorrow to do it....and i had a old store ticket :/ )

But apart from that it was good. There was the mini queue for the weekend wristbands but that didn't last too long. The guest's i met so far were great.

Mostly good day. A bit unorganised though and it took some effort to find things. The signage is bad. Turns out that "level 3" is on the same floor as level 1.

I hope Christopher Lloyd gets through more autographs tomorrow - the VQ line never went beyond #100!

I had a pretty good day today. I got a majority of my autographs with the exception of Kelly Hu as she finished signing at 4.30.

My only issue was trying to figure how to get to the next floor from level 1! But luckily everyone I needed today was on this level.

• Like 1

Mostly good day. A bit unorganised though and it took some effort to find things. The signage is bad. Turns out that "level 3" is on the same floor as level 1.

I hope Christopher Lloyd gets through more autographs tomorrow - the VQ line never went beyond #100!

Photo A was also the other side of the level to what was shown on the map from what we could work out.

Some "you are here" dots wouldn't go amiss on the maps as well.

• Like 1

The floor plan that was released earlier was no help. It didn't make sense. The third signing area didn't really exist. Most of today I had no clue what floor I was even on.

I arrived after 5pm and there were no signs or people outside so I ended up walking around to back of the building. Eventually found the entrance, told person on doors I was gold pass, got told to go in, then after going in was told gold passes had to go in a different entrance.

Took ages to find sales desk. Most crew didn't know where the place was to get gold pass bag and vouchers.

Was very busy and very warm.

I know it's no easy task organising something like this but hope tomorrow is better.

Edit: you are here stickers on maps would be a great help. Also big signs saying 'Floor 1' or 'signing area 2' etc

Edited by Sam_Carter96