great first day

Good first day for me too. Little daunting seeing the massive queue after getting off the train, but walked around to the gold pass line which had quite a few people in but was inside no more than 10 minutes. The venue staff outside were pretty good.

Please use this venue (all of the venue) in the future. So much nicer than Earl's Court in terms of lighting, space, facilities and the general building itself. Building a staircase from the ground level to the level with all the signings on was a good idea. Only issue I encountered was there wasn't enough space for people to queue for the Back to the Future guests, as there was a big queue for a photo-shoot behind as well as people wanting to get past.

are the entrances obviously labelled? (would the 1st person arriving each day definitely know where to stand?)

Didn't see any signs. Leaving Kensington Olympia station I saw what I'm sure was the massive queue for people with standard tickets. I walked around the other side of the building and saw the other queue which I assumed was for gold pass. The people in front of me had standard tickets and I wasn't sure I was in the right queue until I reached the door.

With the exception of low VQ numbers for Chris Lloyd and Robert Englund, today has actually been GREAT!

Gold pass has made things so much easier and I've met the majority of my guests already. Photoshoots ran smoothly too!

And can we all just take a second to appreciate how awesome Sherilyn Fenn is?!?!?

are the entrances obviously labelled? (would the 1st person arriving each day definitely know where to stand?)

Didn't see any signs. Leaving Kensington Olympia station I saw what I'm sure was the massive queue for people with standard tickets. I walked around the other side of the building and saw the other queue which I assumed was for gold pass. The people in front of me had standard tickets and I wasn't sure I was in the right queue until I reached the door.

sounds pretty standard

The queue this morning was lonnnnng but once it started moving was in by half 1 and and only got here at 1 anyway. I emwas not warm at all but I did come dressed for it in shorts and a t shirt. Didn't do any shoots or anything as they are tomorrow but I didn't really see much problem from what I could see. All in all a better lay out for show and I've be here till the end and I was never having to push and shove at all. There was always room :-). Also the queue I asked the olympia guys abd they knew what they were talking about and got in the correct queue.

Edited by lesleynile

Had a bunch of trouble l hope l wouldn't have had, as posted in other threads, but that aside, l did manage to get all my auto's for today except for Jessica Henwick... I was sure she'd be there today, but saw now she's only there saturday/sunday... Maybe l misread it or it got changed, but no biggie, will stop by tomorrow. Guests were great, had a few good laughs with them. Actually also managed to buy a Star Trek TNG first season phaser prop l had been looking for for almost a year for my TNG cosplay, so all in all not a bad start at all, but not thanks to SM unfortunatly... Hopefully tomorrow will be better on the organisation side...

The up 88 stall is on level 1. As you face the new stairs down to the ground floor its on the far right at the near end of the row. They have some nice 30 year posters for signing on that they are just asking a donation for.

I have 2 quick questions, where abouts is the Gibson stall and Up to 88 stalls located at? I'm assuming the dealer area but which floors?

And is Robert Englund doing posed photos at the autograph table?

Thanks in advance!

I had one of the best days of my life with meeting all my heroes from Robert Englund who was amazing and Tom Savini, Robert Kurtzman, Ken Kirzinger and Neve Campbell, got all my things signed and photoshoots. the only thing that went abit crazy was my photoshoot with tom savini which was at 6.00pm but didnt start to near 6.15 apparently there was a power cut or somthing and there was 3 queues for Tom savini jason david frank and christopher lloyed they ended up at the same time so basically there was one Que for 3 guests that was a desaster but it got fixed and then made it to my neve campbell shoot at 6.30 so other than that it was epic and its kinda got me thinking there is no hope at all for sigourney weavers autograph for standard ticket holders. The other thing that should be taking a look into is the merchandise stalls theres far to much of the same stalls should be room for a varity of things must of seen about 20 stalls that sold signed prints, think that is a waste of space for something different. Was really hoping to see arrow films but they told me over facebook that they could not get a space booked which sucks.

For idea of queue time...my partner arrived at 12.30 in general entry and was in at 1.40.

We were about the same. Once it got moving it motored along pretty well, I was pleasantly surprised as we were about 3/4 the way around the building when we joined the queue (we had hoped to be there earlier but life conspired against us today!)

For the people asking, there was definitely a sign at the main entrance for general entry. Also the staff outside were brilliant making sure people were in the right queue.

I have 2 quick questions, where abouts is the Gibson stall and Up to 88 stalls located at? I'm assuming the dealer area but which floors?

And is Robert Englund doing posed photos at the autograph table?

Thanks in advance!

Up to 88 was on level 1 - go up the "new" staircase and curve round left, as if going to the Club Room (MJF) and photo A. It's right on the corner on your left I think (back of the stall overlooks the ground level).

Gibson I think is ground floor opposite the entry.

Stressing "I think" - bit brain fried by now.