Feeling the nerves?

Hi, over the years been to a few with Showmasters and ealier years the big sci fi cons ( ran my own in Cardiff too!), I always get nervous at big events and like many looking at the Forum every two minutes to check Guest status etc. Having said that they are great fun and everyone is friendly so first timers don't worry and if you see me by all means say hello :thumbup:

• Like 1

This will be the second time coming down to the London Film and Comic Con, though really nervous as this time I am making the journey solo, and for the whole 3 days. My mind keeps racing round and round thinking I've forgotten something, but I'm sure everything will be fine...

Jon

• Like 1

This is my first comic con (i know i keep saying that lol) but ive gone from excited to really freaking out. What do you say to an actor you've loved for 30yrs (christopher lloyd)?? or to michael j fox (marty himself!!!)???

My fav movie is back to the future and this is something i never imagined would happen.

What time is everyone getting there to queue tomorrow?

• Like 1

I think my mood is best summed up as "grim anticipation". ;) I know I'll have a good time as I always do (the memories I take away from these things are always priceless), but things can and do go wrong, so I'm just hoping I've planned properly...

First hurdle: Getting Up Hideously Early. *GROAN*

• Like 1

The main advice I would give with regards to meeting the actors/actresses is to remember that they are people too. Once you get that in mind it makes it easier to speak to them (at least it seems to work for me). Though I must admit that every so often I go dumb with nerves and can only mumble "thnk mtch". :)

Jon

• Like 2

I think I'm a mixture of nervousness and excited! I've been looking forward to this one for so long now and I'm meeting a group of mates for the show too, I've only ever been to LFCCW with either one other person or myself, so a group of 6 is going to be odd.

I think I'm just nervous that im not going to be able to get all the autos im after (im only after 6 across the whole weekend) I have a plan on what to do too, it's just one of those things. Once I'm inside the building and things get going, it'll be fine, it's just the start.

• Like 1

so what kinda time do people start to queue up to get in?

I wont be in the que till at least 12am :( so ill be righhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht at the back with little hope of any autographs hahahahaha ;)

Cool thanks.

Ive got Christopher lloyd (diamond pass) and RDA at the same time first thing tomorrow. Been advised to go to chris first but shouldnt i get a vq ticket for RDA first? By the time ive had the photo with chris i would be back of the queue if in it at all for RDA??

Sat in hotel room and getting a bit nervous too hoping I can get to meet the people I want to as this is my first showmasters event

its mine too, I put up a list of ppl I wanted to see and the guys who have done loads of these said no problem just work out whos on what area ect so ive put them all in a list and put what zone there in so ill do them in that order while running to photo shoots lol im really worried I wont get to get the auto graphs done but its just first time jitters im sure. from what I hear the ques move quick and the photo shoots are over real fast too, so the que system should be better than a Saturday afternoon in tescos

• Moderators

Cool thanks.

Ive got Christopher lloyd (diamond pass) and RDA at the same time first thing tomorrow. Been advised to go to chris first but shouldnt i get a vq ticket for RDA first? By the time ive had the photo with chris i would be back of the queue if in it at all for RDA??

I'd go grab your VQ first it will only take you a few minutes (if that)!to do that.

• Moderators

I thought so, didnt want to miss RDA. For the other bttf guests who i habe photos with tomorrow at different parts of the day, when do i go for their vq tickets? First thing or later in the day just before they start?

I'd always say go for VQs first, it really doesn't take long.

Cool so i get a vq for everyones photos i have tomorrow first thing tomorrow? Thanks for letting me know. Been reading loads of posts and getting really confused. Dont want to miss anyone.

Do you queue to buy autographs tomorrow too then and do they need a vq ticket for each of those?

Omg no sleep for me

• Moderators

Cool so i get a vq for everyones photos i have tomorrow first thing tomorrow? Thanks for letting me know. Been reading loads of posts and getting really confused. Dont want to miss anyone.

Do you queue to buy autographs tomorrow too then and do they need a vq ticket for each of those?

Omg no sleep for me

You have me confused, VQs are just for autographs they are just a method of queueing for your autograph, you get a ticket like in a deli and then go back after your number is called.

Photo shoots you need to have pre bought a ticket and be at the photo area when your guest is there, photo shoots are called as follows, diamonds first (if it's a diamond guest) golds, old store stickets, u batches tickets batch 1,2 etc

Does that make sense?

Omg no sleep for me

I never knew I had to have a vq for photos? I thought the photos I turned up to each at my time lol

Omg no sleep for me

You have me confused, VQs are just for autographs they are just a method of queueing for your autograph, you get a ticket like in a deli and then go back after your number is called.

Photo shoots you need to have pre bought a ticket and be at the photo area when your guest is there, photo shoots are called as follows, diamonds first (if it's a diamond guest) golds, old store stickets, u batches tickets batch 1,2 etc

Does that make sense?

happy days, ill be playing it by ear tomorrow. ill be in a only fools and horses hoodie if anyone sees me pls say hi, mite chill me out a bit lol

• Like 2

Omg no sleep for me

You only need to get a VQ for guests whose autos you want to get , photo shoots are usually pre booked but they may have some for sale on the day if you already have your Photo shoots you go and queue up at the correct time and they will call the batch numbers on the tickets

• Like 1

Not nervous about meeting guests , but i can be a bit of a nervous traveler, if that makes sense

that's how I am, the only thing im worried about is missing photos and not being able to get an autograph, and even tho im driving im still on edge as I don't travel well at all