Feeling the nerves?

ok so this is my first ever time coming to an event like this and im a good 2 hr drive away and for some reason im feeling really nervous.

my parkings all sorted, money ready, just about to finish off my bag for the day but im really on edge :(

maybe its because ive never been to one and don't know what to expect or could be that ill be meeting so of my idols and Lea Thompson ( my first ever crush )

is it just me with the butterfly's or is anyone else going through this tonight?

• Like 1

Not just you. I'm feeling the same. Think I have everything sorted but still really nervous about travelling down to London myself and then spending the whole weekend myself and nervous about meeting the cast of my favourite movie ever. Stomach is in knots at the moment.

• Like 1

You're not alone man. I'm sat in my hotel room, going over the schedules and freaking out a little. I'm going to meet people that I've admired for years and it's extremely exciting but at the same time so strange haha We'll all be fine man. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight though.. Too excited.:)

• Like 1

ok so this is my first ever time coming to an event like this and im a good 2 hr drive away and for some reason im feeling really nervous.

my parkings all sorted, money ready, just about to finish off my bag for the day but im really on edge :(

maybe its because ive never been to one and don't know what to expect or could be that ill be meeting so of my idols and Lea Thompson ( my first ever crush )

is it just me with the butterfly's or is anyone else going through this tonight?

Trust me, you'll be fine! You'll pick up how things work quickly and get to meet some awesome guests! I should probably warn you though, that most people who go to cons often get the bug and end up going to more and more of them! As someone said in another post, just make sure at some point you stop and take in what's happening and enjoy yourself!

• Like 2

Not just you. I'm feeling the same. Think I have everything sorted but still really nervous about travelling down to London myself and then spending the whole weekend myself and nervous about meeting the cast of my favourite movie ever. Stomach is in knots at the moment.

im only going on the Friday and driving down, and I was born and bread in London not too far away but going back after 9 years being away don't help much lol

Trust me, you'll be fine! You'll pick up how things work quickly and get to meet some awesome guests! I should probably warn you though, that most people who go to cons often get the bug and end up going to more and more of them! As someone said in another post, just make sure at some point you stop and take in what's happening and enjoy yourself!

Ive already got it, I cant stop looking on this site, selling stuff on ebay for more photo shoots and have just had the ok to do a full day ( sunday ) as crew at Bournemouth lol

ive waited years to meet these people and tomorrow its going to happen :)

• Like 2

I know what you mean chubby - first con for me and I'm REALLY nervous.

Nervous about my first cosplay and looking like a chump

Nervous about meeting icons and idols

Nervous about what to say or do when I see them for those few moments

Nervous about...everything.

We will be ok! I know it! :P

I've done one or two cons, but nothing this big. I'm currently hyper, and also terrified! I'm not scared of the guests, just me making a fool of myself by standing agog in front of them lol! Coming down for just Saturday with my friend, and I think we're more scared of getting in the car park than anything hehe! (And we've pre-booked at that)

• Like 1

I've been to a few events before but this time I'm going alone and it's been a few years since I've met a guest to get an autograph. I just got photos last year and that was nerve-wracking enough! Really excited though.

Nervous, would be an understatement to how I am feeling right now. I'm going big this year and I have lots to do. My cosplay is a little more demanding than last years. I think STRESSED, is a better word!

Try not to be stressed as that will cause further things to potentially go wrong, take a deep breath and take it all in your stride!!

I've always gone to my local this show expo in Birmingham whenever it's on. So looking forward to tomorrow as this is my first convention in London.

• Like 1

You're not alone. I'm just coming on Sunday and for me it's all about Elm Street. Little nervous about what to say to Robert when I meet him. It's been an ambition for a long time. Then Sheffield in August with Michael Biehn, Billy Dee Williams and Amanda Wyss. Just hope I don't get tongue tied. Bit ridiculous. I'm 42 years old for goodness sake! but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Even if it's to get a weekend away with the current Mrs Walker and no kids!!

• Like 1

I'm nervous lol! This is my first London com, so it's massive! Seeing all the tweets from the "celebs" attending is making it really real!

I'm surprised they are flying in so close they will be all jet lagged Tom lol 😅

• Like 1

im feeling a bit better knowing im not on my own, just heard about a guy coming on his own from France and don't speak great English, my hat goes off to him lol Im not leaving till 8.30am as I cant park my car till 12 so ill be the fat bloke with IBS at the back of the que looking scared hahaha

• Like 1

Not so much nervous but worried I wont get all the people I want, especially the big names!

If you have planned it out then you should be able to. You will be alright

Not nervous yet, slightly exited. It will probably hit me in the morning :lol:

Edited by maegurwen
  • Like 1

This is going to sound ridiculous but I'm actually less nervous about meeting Sigourney Weaver than I was about meeting Charles Dance. :P So now that he's not attending I'm actually very relaxed about the weekend. (sad I won't catch him though, don't get me wrong)

Know it's going to be busy but just hoping it's not going to be utter madness. I'm so excited about about picking up my diamond pass tomorrow and just having a wander about the Olympia.

• Like 1

Not nervous. Just very excited. Especially excited to meet James Remar. He was the reason I decided to go again this year.

Worrying about the fact that I still need to pack and plan everything... and wake up ridiculously early for a 3-4 hour journey to London starting at about 8 in the morning!

But all in all, I CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by TrinityKiller24
  • Like 1

It is always exciting it makes you feel funny, 1st or 10th time. Excitement and things in your head go on and on. Do I have this? Is that right? Did I remember that!?

Just think in 4 days you will all be calm and done and rather happy with them memories.

I am nervous of the 7 hour 1.40am bus journey tonight down from the middle of the country, as last time I did it someone was sick everywhere haha Some people think it is clever do drink. Then get on a nightbus for a long time..... jeeez

• Like 1