Give showmasters a break

Please give showmasters a break there doing all they can that's probably why they haven't been on here replying much its not there fault guests are cancelling they've got enough to deal with. with rescheduling and probably trying to get other guests and refunding everyone plz give them a break just look at all the great guests and hard work theyve done this year compared to the ones in the past!

• Like 5

There is a difference between being frustrated over a guest cancelling and being angry at SM. There are always going to be people disappointed at cancellations (seems to be part and parcel of attending these conventions), but I don't think people are aiming their anger at SM. We all appreciate the hard work they put into arranging these events :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and find some pigeons to punch so I can vent over Charles Dance cancelling...

• Like 9

There is a difference between being frustrated over a guest cancelling and being angry at SM. There are always going to be people disappointed at cancellations (seems to be part and parcel of attending these conventions), but I don't think people are aiming their anger at SM. We all appreciate the hard work they put into arranging these events :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and find some pigeons to punch so I can vent over Charles Dance cancelling...

What did the pigeons do?....

Existed.

Existed.

Did someone mention pigeons?

tumblr_m4aexfSywA1qjxv82.gif

• Like 1

Existed.

Did someone mention pigeons?

tumblr_m4aexfSywA1qjxv82.gif

Shoryuken.jpg

• Like 2

Please give showmasters a break there doing all they can that's probably why they haven't been on here replying much its not there fault guests are cancelling they've got enough to deal with. with rescheduling and probably trying to get other guests and refunding everyone plz give them a break just look at all the great guests and hard work theyve done this year compared to the ones in the past!

I'm glad someone made this post as I've been tempted to start one..... There are been comments on here and on Facebook almost blaming SM....

it is really frustrating, luckily this year only Charles dance has affected me but in previous years it's been quite gutting.

But the people who are trying to put this event together for us all to enjoy seem to be continually bombarded with negativity and blame which I don't think is on at all!

• Like 2

I'm glad someone made this post as I've been tempted to start one..... There are been comments on here and on Facebook almost blaming SM....

it is really frustrating, luckily this year only Charles dance has affected me but in previous years it's been quite gutting.

But the people who are trying to put this event together for us all to enjoy seem to be continually bombarded with negativity and blame which I don't think is on at all!

thanx showmasters have done fantastic look who they got:

Richard Dean Anderson, mj fox, sigorney Weaver, bill Paxton, Christopher loydd and Robert englund and all the others that are awesome too can't wait till the weekend

I keep trying to put it across on other threads to give them chance but thanks for doing this. I sometimes think that if things get too heated and anger etc is pointed at them it's frustrating. Sure it's a shame that some actors have had to cancel. One actor is in the process of filming two things and in pre production of another and unfortunately work has to come first and if you think about it if they didn't they wouldn't be in the position of being so wellknown etc. :D

There's a lot of actors that only go to SM because they're treated so well so without SM you wouldn't get to meet them.

So give them all a big hug, and a big thanks for everything they do and everyone that helps in whatever way from the big bosses to the volunteers, they're all special in one way and another.

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

Thank you everyone for your kind words

Guests dropping out is part of the job none of us like but it goes with the task

the week to two weeks before a show is the critical time for any guest , its that point where they totally know if they are a guest that is working a lot if they are totally free to attend.

this week Game of Thrones is filming Yesterday we were told that we are good to go with the guests that are filming some did not know 100% the day before but today we have booked there flights and car pick ups so it could have been filming was behind and they needed them to film over the weekend it happens a lot but no one can be shore till a week out some times , with guests that are not working right now we are safer and there is less chance of losing them .

As i say no one likes it but its part of what we have to deal with.

People do not like it and we understand that , i will let you into a secret we do not like it ether , 3 guest over the last few days were so close to there flight leaving before they told us they could not attend we lost the chance to cancel the flight thats over $13,000 we have lost on flights so far for this event alone , and its a spot we could have used for another guest and we also have to refund all the tickets for photo shoots that takes us a lot of time and we also lose money on ever refund as there is a charge to us for every processed ticket which we do not get back so every guest lost costs us money and time so beleave us we hate guests dropping out also.

Anyway there is plenty of other amazing guests still for everyone to meet.

Jason

• Like 10

Guests dropping out is part of the job none of us like but it goes with the task

the week to two weeks before a show is the critical time for any guest , its that point where they totally know if they are a guest that is working a lot if they are totally free to attend.

this week Game of Thrones is filming Yesterday we were told that we are good to go with the guests that are filming some did not know 100% the day before but today we have booked there flights and car pick ups so it could have been filming was behind and they needed them to film over the weekend it happens a lot but no one can be shore till a week out some times , with guests that are not working right now we are safer and there is less chance of losing them .

People do not like it and we understand that , i will let you into a secret we do not like it ether , 3 guest over the last few days were so close to there flight leaving before they told us they could not attend we lost the chance to cancel the flight thats over $13,000 we have lost on flights so far for this event alone , and its a spot we could have used for another guest and we also have to refund all the tickets for photo shoots that takes us a lot of time and we also lose money on ever refund as there is a charge to us for every processed ticket which we do not get back so every guest lost costs us money and time so beleave us we hate guests dropping out also.

Jason

Unless you just gave a HUGE and unexpected spoiler for Game of Thrones, l'm pretty sure Charles Dance's cancellation is not because he's filming for Game of Thrones... :P

Anyway, you're right, cancellations are part of the game and are hated by you as much as by us. Hope you can still get some replacement guests in though....good for you and us ;)

I'm just saying I've seen quite a few posts on here constantly having ago at them there's only so much they can go

SM love it, I mean look at their Initials that's not by Accident.... :smile: Now no attacking Animals Mr Tompain, We Animals are Protected .

Never go to Australia Mr Camel....... :whistling:

(Adding: I do not for a second mean that Australians are cruel to or do not protect animals, just a comment on the status of camels there)

Edited by Raylenth

Any Seasoned Con Attendee ( whether its a Full Con or a Signing Con ) knows that Guest Cancelations is part and parcel of the Hobby. It seems that in the last Year or so there has been a increase in newbies, some of who may not be aware of this fact. This also seems to have come with it an slight increase of rudeness on the forum. I blame Marvel for making Nerdism mainstream ( I was a Geek before being a Geek was Cool) However I would never blame SM for Cancelled guests, down about 4 myself, just thankful for all the guest they have obtained Past Present and Future.

Although my Credit Card Hates Jason with a Passion :)

Edited by scifisteve
  • Like 2

Jason

to everyone who has been nice with there messages any chance of anymore guests for a reward lol