Guest Cancellations

Wow I had no idea it could be THAT short notice. I've been checking the forum constantly this week in the hope that an amazing guest is announced to make up for the cancellations. Seems unlikely now, although I'm sure an American con announced Neil Patrick Harris with one days notice recently.

American cons can do that because the distance isn't that difficult to get the guests to their events. Getting an American-based guest on a transatlantic flight and able to take that much time off isn't as easy on this side of the pond.

Wow I had no idea it could be THAT short notice. I've been checking the forum constantly this week in the hope that an amazing guest is announced to make up for the cancellations. Seems unlikely now, although I'm sure an American con announced Neil Patrick Harris with one days notice recently.

American cons can do that because the distance isn't that difficult to get the guests to their events. Getting an American-based guest on a transatlantic flight and able to take that much time off isn't as easy on this side of the pond.

I know, I wasn't thinking of NPH specifically. There are plenty of London based actors that would make a great addition.

I am aware of at least one instance where an actor cancelled a con appearance here on the Thursday night while sitting at a US airport waiting for his plane, due to a call from work. It happens, and there's nothing that can be done about it.