Guest Cancellation - Charles Dance

He was actually the only person I wanted to meet and now I'm traveling to the UK and spend a huge amount of money on ... improvising and trying to spend a halfway decent day. I'm heartbroken, it was my biggest wish to meet my childhood icon.

This is an absolute nightmare and I feel like a total idiot for going through all this trouble.

Edited by Duckling

It's not going to benefit 2015 but for future years, can we get the guests to sign a contract with a clause saying they can't cancel once the contract is signed based on the fact that Showmasters are paying for them to be there. Therefore this is in fact a job. It's completely unprofessional for them to cancel once fans have paid for a ticket to the event to see them. I could understand if only 1 or 2 guests cancelled per event but a fair few have cancelled this year already and the majority of them are guests with a high fan interest. I understand you sell the tickets based on the entire show experience but it's just disappointing for fans simply because the guest's contracts allow them to cancel whenever they like.

• Moderators

It's not going to benefit 2015 but for future years, can we get the guests to sign a contract with a clause saying they can't cancel once the contract is signed based on the fact that Showmasters are paying for them to be there. Therefore this is in fact a job. It's completely unprofessional for them to cancel once fans have paid for a ticket to the event to see them. I could understand if only 1 or 2 guests cancelled per event but a fair few have cancelled this year already and the majority of them are guests with a high fan interest. I understand you sell the tickets based on the entire show experience but it's just disappointing for fans simply because the guest's contracts allow them to cancel whenever they like.

As others have said if there was a clause that said they can't cancel you simply wouldn't get guests, actors are simply not going to turn down work opportunities and I personally can't blame them, I know it's disappointing when there is a cancellation but that is sadly always on the cards.

Edited by StuartG2198

We would never get any guests if we tried that. Because when it comes down to it the cons are like the added extras to them. Their work and career is their acting. And with people involved in big shows where the schedule can change at the drop of a hat nobody would agree to that.

Never going to happen

Whenever they like? Nope. Cancellations happen due to work commitments or illness, both of which take priority over a convention. It's unfortunate for the fans, yes, but I'd imagine most of these guests can't afford to miss job opportunities for a con.

• Like 1

How does the refund work with the old tickets? Do we get to switch tickets (for another guest maybe) or get our money back when we're at the venue?

I had forgotten I had a pre-EB ticket too. Do you guys want us to bring them along for refunds at the show or will it be processed after the show manually like the old days?

last year we were able to return the tickets at the sales desk, is it possible this year as well or will we get the refund the way we bought the ticktes?

That would mean you ask them to give up doing their jobs for something they do (basically) on the side. Cons aren't something most actors HAVE to do - unless their contract with studios/... tell them to - If such a clause would exist, there'd be a lot less working actors willing to attend cons

How does the refund work with the old tickets? Do we get to switch tickets (for another guest maybe) or get our money back when we're at the venue?

I had forgotten I had a pre-EB ticket too. Do you guys want us to bring them along for refunds at the show or will it be processed after the show manually like the old days?

last year we were able to return the tickets at the sales desk, is it possible this year as well or will we get the refund the way we bought the ticktes?

Normally the refund is processed automatically, but I've still not had mine yet. I've also got a paper ticket so I'm not too sure how this will work.

Normally the refund is processed automatically, but I've still not had mine yet. I've also got a paper ticket so I'm not too sure how this will work.

I had to email directly before my ticket for Colin Baker was refunded. But since it would be nice to maybe swap the ticket into an other shoot, I thought, that maybe we could do that

I had to email directly before my ticket for Colin Baker was refunded. But since it would be nice to maybe swap the ticket into an other shoot, I thought, that maybe we could do that

Could you add this question to the already burgeoning list for an official response 'Queen'? Would hate not to bring it to the event only to be told afterwards that I need to post it in at extra cost or something of that ilk. I'll hand you an imaginary cookie if you do...

• Like 1

Why is CD still showing on the website as appearing on Saturday??

The office will not have had the oppotunity to amend it yet. Some are already at the venue setting up and the others are busy ensuring all email validation emails have been sent and that refunds are being processes asap. I'm sure it will be updates as soon as a they are able

Could you add this question to the already burgeoning list for an official response 'Queen'? Would hate not to bring it to the event only to be told afterwards that I need to post it in at extra cost or something of that ilk. I'll hand you an imaginary cookie if you do...

No need for a cookie - too hot for one anyway. :lol: The refund is processed automatic for all tickets, no need to send anything back.

• Like 1

No need for a cookie - too hot for one anyway. :lol: The refund is processed automatic for all tickets, no need to send anything back.

thank you for the clarification! Flight is tomorrow, can't wait!