Guest Cancellation - Charles Dance

I know guest cancellations happens all the time and everywhere, but this convention got already a lot cancellations. and I cant remember a new guest in the last 2 weeks. jonathan frakes was the first major guest who canceled and charles dance is a major as well. Wondering why no replacement is announced. by the way, bradley cooper is in the city and he is free every morning and afternoon....

• Like 1

I know guest cancellations happens all the time and everywhere, but this convention got already a lot cancellations. and I cant remember a new guest in the last 2 weeks. jonathan frakes was the first major guest who canceled and charles dance is a major as well. Wondering why no replacement is announced. by the way, bradley cooper is in the city and he is free every morning and afternoon....

Can you give Bradley a Ring and ask him to pop down... (not as easy as that.. Wouldn't be good if it was.....) :smile: Maybe SM have a Ace up their Sleeve.

Wonder if anyone will take his place in the game of thrones talk

SM did say they'd try to replace any guest which can't make the GoT talk with another GoT guest and they do have a few others already, so they probably will...

How does the refund work with the old tickets? Do we get to switch tickets (for another guest maybe) or get our money back when we're at the venue?

I had forgotten I had a pre-EB ticket too. Do you guys want us to bring them along for refunds at the show or will it be processed after the show manually like the old days?

There is still Kristian Nairn ( ok not the same league as Charles Dance ) who could replace him at the talk.

They've got plenty of GoT guests, (ok, not in the same league) who can replace him...Although I wouldn't mind if they'd manage to get a real replacement guest in....maybe a certain lady who cancelled last minute last year...? (damn, I'm still not over that one :crying: )

There is still Kristian Nairn ( ok not the same league as Charles Dance ) who could replace him at the talk.

They've got plenty of GoT guests, (ok, not in the same league) who can replace him...Although I wouldn't mind if they'd manage to get a real replacement guest in....maybe a certain lady who cancelled last minute last year...? (damn, I'm still not over that one :crying: )

Who cancelled last year?

I'd be overjoyed if SM could pull off getting another big GoT guest in to replace Charles, but it's probably too late now. :(

Nathalie Dormer, we got isaac hempstead-wright (stilll love my 10x8 with both Hodor and Bran on it, signed by both actors) and Sibel Kikili :wub: added as last minute replacements, but still...Would be in heaven if they'd manage to get her back one day....

Nathalie Dormer, we got isaac hempstead-wright (stilll love my 10x8 with both Hodor and Bran on it, signed by both actors) and Sibel Kikili :wub: added as last minute replacements, but still...Would be in heaven if they'd manage to get her back one day....

Oh, no way! :o It's a shame they haven't got her back this year then, would have been a great guest.

There's been some news about 'and then there were none' filming starting now. So perhaps that's to do with the cancellation.

I bet he'll be fantastic in that. He had better not be one of the first killed off though! :P

Edited by Wayward One

Oh, no way! :o It's a shame they haven't got her back this year then, would have been a great guest.

There's been some news about 'and then there were none' filming starting now. So perhaps that's to do with the cancellation.

I bet he'll be fantastic in that. He had better not be one of the first killed off though! :P

You can say that again...would even have bought a diamond pass package if she would have been announced and it would have been offered lol, but alas....

Well, can't blame him for cancelling if it has to do with that job... Just hoping replacement guests will be announced...we've had a bunch of cancellations so far, but no new guest announcements in like the last two weeks...Last year that was different....Yeah, there were cancellations too, but just as much new guest announcements still incoming as well...while this year it's quiet on the replacement front....Oh well, all we can do is hope....or my wallet will be happy I'll spent less then I thought...although it is already very happy as I've spent way less then I thought I would have as there was no diamond guest I wanted to have, so there is already money left over lol

• Like 1

You can say that again...would even have bought a diamond pass package if she would have been announced and it would have been offered lol, but alas....

Well, can't blame him for cancelling if it has to do with that job... Just hoping replacement guests will be announced...we've had a bunch of cancellations so far, but no new guest announcements in like the last two weeks...Last year that was different....Yeah, there were cancellations too, but just as much new guest announcements still incoming as well...while this year it's quiet on the replacement front....Oh well, all we can do is hope....or my wallet will be happy I'll spent less then I thought...although it is already very happy as I've spent way less then I thought I would have as there was no diamond guest I wanted to have, so there is already money left over lol

Yes, surely we can all accept that cancellations are going to happen, especially for work commitments like that. And it means we get to see our favourite guests doing what they do best, acting in film and TV! (not that this has helped my disappointment right this instant. I'll be weeping into my pillow tonight :P)

As you say it would be nice to have a couple of new announcements.

I'm new to all of this so I can't really say anything from experience, but I have noticed the number of cancellation threads on the board creeping up but no new announcements.

Yes, surely we can all accept that cancellations are going to happen, especially for work commitments like that. And it means we get to see our favourite guests doing what they do best, acting in film and TV! (not that this has helped my disappointment right this instant. I'll be weeping into my pillow tonight :P)

As you say it would be nice to have a couple of new announcements.

I'm new to all of this so I can't really say anything from experience, but I have noticed the number of cancellation threads on the board creeping up but no new announcements.

I've been going to conventions all over Europe the last year and it's the same everywhere: The closer you get to the event, the higher cancellations will become. So I'm not surprised these cancellations are rolling in, I had expected them...Last year though, they managed to announce replacements, so that's what I'm waiting for... ;) But even without, it'll still be great con if the cancellations don't get out of hand completely :)