LFCC Entrances and Floor Plan

Still in the queue to get in been here since 8:05 and my photo shoot with SW is at 9:30 any ideas and if i rearrange my plan of action i am gonna miss MJF talk as i have diamond passes for both and i am only here today cheers x

it may sound silly but im extremely grateful to the staff member who gave me my gold bracelet because she didnt tie it too tight so i can take it off when I get home! I cant imagine spending the night with that thing around my wrist.

According to the official floor plan, the only way up to Levels 2 and 3 are via the lifts, so be careful. If people did find stairs, well done to them - I was going around and around and the only stairs I found went down from Level 1, not up (and the organizers' desk said that yes, the lifts are the way to go). The queues for the lifts were very long until late afternoon, then things became much easier (the upper levels were so cool and spacious after the ground floor and Level 1!). I'm taking my chances circa 13:45 tomorrow as I'm determined to get Ben Aaronovitch's autograph in the YALC section. :D

Wow that sounds like a nightmare. Is that really the only way to get to the higher levels? What if there's a fire?

This is a bit off topic but didn't want to start a new thread so was hoping someone here might know. If I'm walking from Hammersmith tube station, where do I need to go to get to the general admission queue? Is it on the opposite side of the venue, or will they be queuing in my direction?

Thanks.

According to the official floor plan, the only way up to Levels 2 and 3 are via the lifts, so be careful. If people did find stairs, well done to them - I was going around and around and the only stairs I found went down from Level 1, not up (and the organizers' desk said that yes, the lifts are the way to go). The queues for the lifts were very long until late afternoon, then things became much easier (the upper levels were so cool and spacious after the ground floor and Level 1!). I'm taking my chances circa 13:45 tomorrow as I'm determined to get Ben Aaronovitch's autograph in the YALC section. :D

The one and only stairwell down from lvl3 were worse than the lifts, it took us almost 15mins to get down from the top floor, we didn't bother going back up after that so didn't even get to see lvl2

The stairs I used where at the end of the hall, left side of signing area 2. Apparently I am a better detective than I thought. ;)

Access between the different floors was woefully inadequate. Even to the point of stairs being blocked by venue staff as they were full, huge queues for lifts and stairs, especially up to level 3. The temporary stairs put in were only deemed capable for people going in one direction (up) and even guests were late for photoshoots because they couldn't get to the right area in time. Absolutely ridiculous.

Luckily I was able to get what I needed, just 2 autos and 3 photos but even that was stressful and felt like far more effort than even last year because of the issues of just getting around.

• Like 1

Everything was great, so well done Showmasters. If I were to be critical I would say you should have more signs up and more often along the walkways. If I wanted to check a time of a photo shoot I would have to work my way through the crowd only to see I would have to work my way back through them etc. That said, had I taken a photo of the sign I would have saved the hassle, it can't always be down to you guys to solve our minor issues. Also there didn't seem to be any clear signage as to where Christopher Lloyd was signing this afternoon. I couldn't find him and was unable to get my diamond pass signature. Can you confirm where exactly he will be signing tomorrow, so I can get it then? Otherwise great job so far and thanks to the Pit boss at the ticket sales desk who sorted me out with two photo shoot tickets for tomorrow due to not being able to get to them this morning. Great customer service! Wish I got her name now.

Glad i went friday so i had a good idea on saturday where everything was.Doesn't help anyone going into the venue for the first time to find the original floor plan has been changed in certain areas last minute. Stairs were hoplessly overcrowed. a review has to take place on how the space is used next time.went into the authors area just once and surprized at the amount of empty areas compared to the overcrowed areas for the photoshoots particulary photshoot Area A

• Like 1

so this weekend was HECK-TICK. Friday was spent getting to know my way around and i got an autograph and bought a couple of things. Saturday was a disaster waiting to happen almost. noon knew where any of the shoots were i was sent between floor 1 and floor 2 6 times before someone could tell me where my photo shoot with Richard Dean Anderson was. the crowds weren't as bad as last year but i think tickets were still over sold. the size to quantity ratio was just unbearable at times on Saturday and getting from L1 to L3 for a photo shoot was near impossible sometimes. my friend missed a photo shoot because she was told the wrong information by a pit boss and not being able to get on the lift. i think what could improve the event for next year is to keep the number of tickets sold this year the same but add the 3 extra halls to make 9 or to move the YALK to the winter con. also what would greatly help is putting all the autographs on the 1st and possibly ground floor and all the photo shoots on the top floor together that way if one shoot is delayed and it clashes with another photo shoot people don't have to change floors trying to get to a different floor for another photo shot only to find they miss one of the shoots. if they were all on 1 floor if 1 is delayed people could just walk across the room to do their other shoot then back again. Sunday was a little better than Saturday but the queuing for the BTTF talk (which i paid for) was a real pain. i had a gold wrist band. i was mere meters from the seating when i was told to go outside, go round the building and join the queue. but i wasn't told exactly where to go and due to learning difficulties saying instructions like that just confuses me which i told the staff. eventually some other gold wristband guest came with me. when we finally made out way outside we were then told to go further round the building, then we were told to go to a different entrance. eventually we found out way to the right entrance only to find that golds had already one in. eventually i found a seas way further back than the gold seating. I was NOT impressed either as the talk had just started. I'd have got a seat where golds were if id just been aloud to join a queue inside. next i come to the issue of the gold autograph and photo vouchers. there was no consistency. you weren't aloud the use them for prop shoots then you were, you could put them together you couldn't for more expensive guests or use them as part payment. the vouchers you give as refunds would have been much easier than the paper ones given and would be reusable(next year by showmaster) once handed in as payment to showmaster. lastly what would really have helped if there were people in yellow t-shirts with clipboards with information on where every guest autograph and photo shoot is taking place and who could run around delivering messages to keep the communication open. that way people could find out quickly and easily where everyone was and when they were suppose to be somewhere. if crowd control and communication can be sorted for next year things should hopefully run a lot smoother.

A major issue I saw was the busiest photo area (A) was right next to a lift which was in use for people who were unable to take the stairs, and due to overcrowding of many people (lots seemed to not want to leave the area despite the crew telling them they wouldn't be called up til later) it was a big problem for lift users to pass through properly.

Took forever to get to level 3 Saturday afternoon, so only went up there once. We did comment jokingly that if an emergency occurred as we were up there, we'd never ever get out in time. So like last year I felt we weren't entirely safe. I could only navigate myself

The venue itself has strange layout. The cloakroom not being on the ground floor was odd, considering lots would be carrying heavy luggage and the lifts weren't always accessible.

Though I'd like to say I loved the crew managing the photo areas, they always do a great job of herding us about. I just wish more people would actually listen to them when they say to move etc. or come back later for their batch #.

• Like 1

I agree on having photoshoots areas all in the same level and autographs at another level. That would save a lot of time and problems of having to go from one place to another in a rush risking missing the photoshoots.

• Like 4