LFCC Entrances and Floor Plan

regarding the rush for vq tickets. for the big stars like chris etc do we stand a chance in getting them if arriving at 8am. or will they all be gone to gold members or whoever is at front of the queue

I'm pretty sure you'll get a VQ ticket, the big question will be if the number will be low enough to get you in the queue before the signing time ends...That I can't answer...Only guarantuee SM gives for an auto of the diamond guests is, you guessed it: Buying a diamond pass...So even getting a VQ ticket is no guarantuee they won't close the line before your number is called...

You are correct there is no guarantee as we dont really know how many Diamond passes have been sold :crying: SM might have sold 1,000 and even if you have VQ ticket number 1 there will be 1,000 people in front of you

This is what concerned me as although I had a diamond pass for MJF and CL there was no guarantee that I would be able to see the other BTTF cast members no matter how early I got there. For this reason I bought a gold pass because it gives me a good chance as I can join the queues at any time.

regarding the rush for vq tickets. for the big stars like chris etc do we stand a chance in getting them if arriving at 8am. or will they all be gone to gold members or whoever is at front of the queue

I'm pretty sure you'll get a VQ ticket, the big question will be if the number will be low enough to get you in the queue before the signing time ends...That I can't answer...Only guarantuee SM gives for an auto of the diamond guests is, you guessed it: Buying a diamond pass...So even getting a VQ ticket is no guarantuee they won't close the line before your number is called...

OMg i didnt realise this. i tthought it would be a set number of vq tickets and then should the guest get done before that then more be released! God how awful that would be to get a vq and then not get to do it

Happened last year to plenty of people with Stan Lee too... That's one reason why they are selling diamond passes: They offer a guarantuee no other pass offers...

You are correct there is no guarantee as we dont really know how many Diamond passes have been sold :crying: SM might have sold 1,000 and even if you have VQ ticket number 1 there will be 1,000 people in front of you

Part of the game I'm afraid...Plus I bet a lot of regular tiocketholders will be asking gold pass holders to get them a VQ ticket, if they are not going for one themselves, because they'll be the first ones in...I'm curious to see how many times I'll be approached for this when standing in the gold pass line...

Part of the game I'm afraid...Plus I bet a lot of regular tiocketholders will be asking gold pass holders to get them a VQ ticket, if they are not going for one themselves, because they'll be the first ones in...I'm curious to see how many times I'll be approached for this when standing in the gold pass line...

It'll be a bit different this year, as Golds need VTs for the Diamond guests, so a lot of them will be focusing on that, not getting them for other people.

I can tell you how many diamond passes will be in front of you on Saturday for Sigourney Weaver and Bill Paxton if you like :)

Sigourney Weaver 170

Bill Paxton 100

Source = http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89449

This is what concerned me as although I had a diamond pass for MJF and CL there was no guarantee that I would be able to see the other BTTF cast members no matter how early I got there. For this reason I bought a gold pass because it gives me a good chance as I can join the queues at any time.

Well there you go your one of the lucky ones who can afford to buy things like Diamond/Gold Passes I on the other hand can't.

And so I wont be doing any of the Big Named Guests because of this reason

These shows exist because people spent money on them and without people buying diamond and gold passes, these guests would not be there at all. As sad as it might be, in the end all the guests are there to make a buck, some actually need it to live off, so don't hol;d a grudge towards people who can spent more, they actually make it possible you can go to this event at all, because without them, LFCC would not exist.

It'll be a bit different this year, as Golds need VTs for the Diamond guests, so a lot of them will be focusing on that, not getting them for other people.

Maybe, but me for example, am not interested in any of the diamond guests (if I was, I'd bought a diamond pass), so I don't need to run for a VQ ticket. I do however wonder if and if, how many times, people with regular tickets will approach me to score them a low numbered VQ ticket, since I'll be one of the first ones in....

I take it that the grand hall is not being used this year ?

Correct. Basically everywhere in Olympia that ISN'T the grand hall is being used though.
Okay thanks, I just find it a bit strange that they not using the grand hall because it is bigger than national hall and this is the first time of sold out entry tickets. It's going to be crowded

interesting

I can tell you how many diamond passes will be in front of you on Saturday for Sigourney Weaver and Bill Paxton if you like :)

Sigourney Weaver 170

Bill Paxton 100

• Moderators

Correct. Basically everywhere in Olympia that ISN'T the grand hall is being used though.
Okay thanks, I just find it a bit strange that they not using the grand hall because it is bigger than national hall and this is the first time of sold out entry tickets. It's going to be crowded

There may be another event using that hall...

i understand times and all that, but it does suck that this seems to be turning into a "rich man's event" in some ways. if i get a VT and don't get an auto i'll be less than pleased. i would have thought that it would have been appropriate that if you have a ticket and they close things down on one day, you'd be given a ticket for the next day so you could be one of the first, to make up for it.

Sigourney Weaver 170

Bill Paxton 100

Interesting how ever you have read that wrong ie for Sigourney yes there are 170 from batch 1 been sold and in front of " me " how ever since batch 2 are still up for sale it doesn't give the information on how many of batch 2 have been sold.

How ever if batch 2 has roughly the same amount as batch 1 that would mean roughly 340 passes in total which isn't to bad but they are still in front of me and it only needs Sigourney to be slow at signing and I still may not be able to see her.

Batch 2 is irrelevant for Saturday as I do believe (Any of the mods, feel free to correct me.) that batch 2 diamond passes can't get their autographs until Sunday. Unless the batch thing only applies to photoshoots?

• Like 1

i understand times and all that, but it does suck that this seems to be turning into a "rich man's event" in some ways. if i get a VT and don't get an auto i'll be less than pleased. i would have thought that it would have been appropriate that if you have a ticket and they close things down on one day, you'd be given a ticket for the next day so you could be one of the first, to make up for it.

never worked like that as far as I know. Each day has their own new VQ tickets. Although of course your chances improve as less people will jump on the VQ tickets as the weekend goes by, since some will have gotten their auto's already.

Also, like it or not, these events are only in existence to make money. guests would not be there if they can't make money. it's not a charity, it's not "for the fans", it is for the money, plain and simple and just like any event you can think of. very little is free in this world and least of all a convention...

Sigourney Weaver 170

Bill Paxton 100

Interesting how ever you have read that wrong ie for Sigourney yes there are 170 from batch 1 been sold and in front of " me " how ever since batch 2 are still up for sale it doesn't give the information on how many of batch 2 have been sold.

How ever if batch 2 has roughly the same amount as batch 1 that would mean roughly 340 passes in total which isn't to bad but they are still in front of me and it only needs Sigourney to be slow at signing and I still may not be able to see her.

Batch 2 is irrelevant for Saturday as I do believe (Any of the mods, feel free to correct me.) that batch 2 diamond passes can't get their autographs until Sunday. Unless the batch thing only applies to photoshoots?

Depends on the guest. I think for MJF you're right, since it's split in two batches for him and he only signs for diamond pass holders but for any other autograph diamond guest all diamond passes will go before any gold/regular pass holders, so batch 2, 3, 4, whatever of diamond pass holders (excluding MJF) will be able to get their auto's on the saturday then too I think.

Edited by Vhiper

There may be another event using that hall...

I don't think there is. I just looked on the olympia grand hall website and it doesn't look like there is another event there, unless it is a private one.

Hi sorry another question.

How many batches of Christopher Lloyd Diamond passes were there when they sold out thanks

Not a clue and SM will probably not answer this question as they stated often enough they are not releasing sales figures... I'd say the reasons for that are obvious...

does anyone know where/if there will be bag storage? i guess there will be somewhere..

also anyone know if there will be anywhere to change? or just toilets lol

If last year can be used as a reference: No, no baggage storage and no, no changing area's, except for the toiltets...But maybe SM knows something I don't ;)

• Moderators

The VQs are literally just 'your place in the queue' - they're designed to stop people spending their entire day in a single queue, not as a guarantee of anything. If your VQ is 900 then maybe you don't get an autograph if that guest isn't a fast signer, but you can go and do other things (and meet other guests) while you wait to find out, rather than standing in a very very long queue all day.

• Like 2