Fan Mail

Lots of people discussing what gifts they have given guests, but has anyone ever given a guest fan mail?

I'm considering writing Bill Paxton a letter. Mainly as I am estimating that I will only have a few seconds in front of him for an autograph and this is obviously not enough time to tell him how much I respect him and what an amazing actor he is!

Even if he doesn't read it, it's the knowing he has it and that I have had the chance to tell him how I feel.

Anyone else considering doing the same??

• Like 2

I was thinking exactly the same with sigorney Weaver and some other guests that I respect greatly. But don't know if its OK to or not?

I think it is more than ok. When else will you be able to get the chance to say thank you :thumbup:

• Like 1

I've spent the last year putting together a fan book for Iain Glen. He knows that the http://www.serjorahsarmy.com fans have a special gift for him and i have been in regular contact with him personally since last July when I met him at the Words and Wickets Charity Match in High Wycombe. He told me in his previous letter to me that he will look out for us so i'm looking forward to giving him that. I have made it a very reasonable size so it's not annoying or heavy for him to take home. :)

Edited by sarzy2
  • Like 1

My daughter used to make cards for people that she was meeting with a short message in them. They were always well received and we did have a few interesting moments with guest because of them

Lots of people discussing what gifts they have given guests, but has anyone ever given a guest fan mail?

I'm considering writing Bill Paxton a letter. Mainly as I am estimating that I will only have a few seconds in front of him for an autograph and this is obviously not enough time to tell him how much I respect him and what an amazing actor he is!

Even if he doesn't read it, it's the knowing he has it and that I have had the chance to tell him how I feel.

Anyone else considering doing the same??

That might be ok. Consider to do the same and give one by friend who cant attending at the event to Alice Krige.

I've done the same with the guests I met on the past Cons.

At the Conventions I went, I've always brought a little gift with a card, where I wrote my compliments to the actor for his great talent, or for a great movie he played in. I remember I gave a gift with a letter to Kevin Sorbo, and he, the day after, when saw me at the autograph table, thanked me so much for the gift and the nice words on the letter. :smile:

• Like 1

Hello together,

in 2014 I had a Meet&Great with a star on a convention. I want to give him a litte gift and a letter after this.

But if I want to give him that, the meeting was finished and the star leave the room.... I was to late :blush:

I gave a guest a letter and added my twitter Name on it and my Email address I got a thank you Email from the guest but I have me them before and they said I would get a thank you email

some read the letters some don't as they get some many :smile:

Fan mail is a good idea. I always gave presents (with a word sometimes to the guests) or a letter just like this but not really fan mail; but a friend gives fan mails once and received some replies.