Payment at the event

I haven't seen anything about this, but I may have just missed it if it is on here already.

(In that case, sorry)

What is the situation with paying for things inside the event? Will it be mostly cash only or will you be able to pay with cards? If it is only cash, is there any ATMs nearby?

I've only been to Cardiff Comic Con before and not many vendors would accept card. Fortunately, there was 2 ATMs outside the arena.

Thanks.

• Moderators

At the autograph desks you pay with cash or vouchers.

Vouchers can be bought using your credit/debit card at the sales desk.

In terms of ATMs I'm afraid I'm not sure, hopefully some of the locals on here will be able to answer that one.

Don't rely on local ATM's for top up cash as they are liable to run out with the huge number of people attending, use any machines a little way away from the venue if you pass any. I would guess that cash will be the more accessible option as everyone will take it.

Edited by Raylenth

If you plan on getting a load of autographs the FAQs suggest you bring along a bunch of £5 notes as a lot of autographs cost £15, £25 and so on. They run out of £5 for change really quickly.

Yes. This. Not only does it make your day easier but the crew will like you more if you give them £5 notes.

If you plan on getting a load of autographs the FAQs suggest you bring along a bunch of £5 notes as a lot of autographs cost £15, £25 and so on. They run out of £5 for change really quickly.

Yes. This. Not only does it make your day easier but the crew will like you more if you give them £5 notes.

I'll be on the crew's good list, I specifically went to my bank today to take a load of cash and requested it in £5 notes!

• Like 1

I'll be on the crew's good list, I specifically went to my bank today to take a load of cash and requested it in £5 notes!

I start hoarding £5 notes for about two weeks before any con. This way I can pay for things I want and make very busy crew members happy by paying £15 in £5 notes. ALL OF THE CHANGE.

I start hoarding £5 notes for about two weeks before any con. This way I can pay for things I want and make very busy crew members happy by paying £15 in £5 notes. ALL OF THE CHANGE.

I did the same thing last year, because I was in England for a week before the Con. This year, however, I will be coming directly from Greece, so I hope the currency exchange at the airport has small banknotes! Otherwise, I will be pissing off a lot of the staff, I expect!

I did the same thing last year, because I was in England for a week before the Con. This year, however, I will be coming directly from Greece, so I hope the currency exchange at the airport has small banknotes! Otherwise, I will be pissing off a lot of the staff, I expect!

All the staff are incredible people (and patient) and it would take a whole lot to upset them.. another reason why they're so great.. :) Although I imagine, especially at the beginning of days it does help quite a lot...

Edited by Decant

Cash cash cash cash!!! I can't express enough!

Last year we had to treck in the sweltering heat to find the nearest cash point by Earls Court, that wasn't empty or had a hell of a long queue. It will benefit you greatly to take enough cash with you that you think you'll need for the day.

Also, £5 notes really do help us crew :D