Some things to share so you know a little more about the show

I've only been to 1 Olympia lfcc in 2012 can someone tell me is there more floor space at this years event than 2012, it sure sounds like it.

I wasn't there in 2012 but when I went to LFCCW 2013, they used 1 hall. This is in 6 so if 2012 was the same then I'd say there will be more space.

Yes, a fair bit more space than 2012 - in 2012 they used the West Hall (lower level) and Grand Hall, it appears those are in use for another event this time around (though that event finishes on Thursday, the breakdown/setup of the events overlap) but with the other halls in use there is more space overall than then, or than last year for that matter.

I've only been to 1 Olympia lfcc in 2012 can someone tell me is there more floor space at this years event than 2012, it sure sounds like it.

I wasn't there in 2012 but when I went to LFCCW 2013, they used 1 hall. This is in 6 so if 2012 was the same then I'd say there will be more space.

Yes, a fair bit more space than 2012 - in 2012 they used the West Hall (lower level) and Grand Hall, it appears those are in use for another event this time around (though that event finishes on Thursday, the breakdown/setup of the events overlap) but with the other halls in use there is more space overall than then, or than last year for that matter.

Is the grand hall olympia's biggest? if so does that mean this years event will be in smaller but more numerous halls? this could lead to many bottlenecks and alot of overcrowding. Please don't lock this thread sm. Just please inform us.

Not sure if this has been said in the past, but my Father used to be the floor manager for the London Boat Show (it was his job to make sure all the boats fitted in!) so here's an interesting fact about it:

The central area of the main hall conceals a massive pool area. The floor is supported on a combination of hydraulic jacks with lock-in rigid supports, enabling it to be used in its 'up position' for 'heavyweight' events such as the Royal Tournament, then lowered & flooded to give a 60m X 30m pool between 2.5m & 3m deep (depending on usage). The 750-ton concrete exhibition floor can be removed & reinstated at the push of a button. When used it takes four days to fill & four days to empty, using 2 1/4 million gallons of water!

Edited by tania_twinkle
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been said in the past, but my Father used to be the floor manager for the London Boat Show (it was his job to make sure all the boats fitted in!) so here's an interesting fact about it:

The central area of the main hall conceals a massive pool area. The floor is supported on a combination of hydraulic jacks with lock-in rigid supports, enabling it to be used in its 'up position' for 'heavyweight' events such as the Royal Tournament, then lowered & flooded to give a 60m X 30m pool between 2.5m & 3m deep (depending on usage). The 750-ton concrete exhibition floor can be removed & reinstated at the push of a button. When used it takes four days to fill & four days to empty, using 2 1/4 million gallons of water!

Aquaman photoshoot???????

Jaws photoshoot???????

Edited by cropsy2008
  • Like 1

I do like a good factoid :-)

Missed the deadline for crewing this event - I presume you're all set now, but if you're still short, I could fill the form in? I'm free Saturday and Sunday now so happy to be an extra body if needed. No worries if not needed.

Aquaman photoshoot???????

Jaws photoshoot???????

Unfortunately Earls Court is being demolished to make way for a new residential and retail area :( would've been cool though!

Here we go again. ;) Queueing outside and all that will be officially posted when the floor plan goes up, the date for that has been confirmed by TooTall himself as tomorrow.

I have already closed topics going on about halls and queueing and explained each time why. I've asked not to repost and wait. SM have been hiding posts and closing topics. This makes it pretty clear that they want to make the announcement and they don't want people to worry unnecessary before and official announcement is made. I really don't like hiding posts, but if previous posts have been hidden by SM I have no choice.

You have been told it is being addressed. I am really sorry if it's not being addressed fast enough for your liking, but just doing again what you were asked to stop is not going to speed up things.

• Like 3

This all sounds very interesting and makes things sounds like they are getting juicer and sweeter for future events. It is all very interesting so keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing more and more types of things coming to LFCC. hopefully we can start to get so much that would be seen in America like stalls for companies like WETTA, LEGO, MARVEL etc and huge stars like Johnny Depp or Robert Downy Jr. I cant wait till next weekend and thank you again SM for everything you are doing to make the experience more enjoyable.

Here we go again. ;) Queueing outside and all that will be officially posted when the floor plan goes up, the date for that has been confirmed by TooTall himself as tomorrow.

I have already closed topics going on about halls and queueing and explained each time why. I've asked not to repost and wait. SM have been hiding posts and closing topics. This makes it pretty clear that they want to make the announcement and they don't want people to worry unnecessary before and official announcement is made. I really don't like hiding posts, but if previous posts have been hidden by SM I have no choice.

You have been told it is being addressed. I am really sorry if it's not being addressed fast enough for your liking, but just doing again what you were asked to stop is not going to speed up things.

QS you can't please all the people all of the time! Same when I DJ, 'play something good' 'you got anything with a beat?' grrrr!

QS you can't please all the people all of the time! Same when I DJ, 'play something good' 'you got anything with a beat?' grrrr!

I know, I know. But after saying something a certain amount of times I expect it to go through eventually - even after the years on here should have really taught me better. :lol:

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

16 fans are coming from all over the world for this years LFCC and we here people starting to say in

the US why do we not have events like this with these A list guest this is the first year that this feed

back has been so loud.

That's just really odd, because they do have those events in the US. But other than that, very cool! I'm worried about it becoming overcrowded, but I guess the extra halls will help next year.

Were else can you go to meet MJF ? at an event ? nowhere , and Weaver has never done a US show ether so its not that odd really ;-)

• Showmasters Admin

great points but to bve fair to the US, i've attended comic cons over there w/ some great guests and their big point is you don't pay for autographs.

i am sorry what ever happens you pay in the end ? if its the $150 to $500 you pay for your entry ticket or if its at the table infront of the guest one way or another everyone has to pay , it cost money to book guests and it also cost money to hire halls etc and it all has to be paid for and covered so nothing is free where ever it is in the US or the UK we are at a disivantage in one big way flights it costs us this year over $200,000 in flights and that is something all US events do not have to pay out for and we are still much cheeper than the events in the US one way or another .

Hope that helps wolfie

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

Is the grand hall olympia's biggest? if so does that mean this years event will be in smaller but more numerous halls? this could lead to many bottlenecks and alot of overcrowding. Please don't lock this thread sm. Just please inform us.

no ones going to lock this thread the forum is here to help you guys with info , the venue space we are using is much bigger than last year , it will be fine we have no walk ups this year that is what created most of the issues we had last year , its going to be a fun show and the venue will be fine

jason

• Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Missed the deadline for crewing this event - I presume you're all set now, but if you're still short, I could fill the form in? I'm free Saturday and Sunday now so happy to be an extra body if needed. No worries if not needed.

email too tall ok posing this on here will not be seen by him sorry ok jx

16 fans are coming from all over the world for this years LFCC and we here people starting to say in

the US why do we not have events like this with these A list guest this is the first year that this feed

back has been so loud.

That's just really odd, because they do have those events in the US. But other than that, very cool! I'm worried about it becoming overcrowded, but I guess the extra halls will help next year.

Were else can you go to meet MJF ? at an event ? nowhere , and Weaver has never done a US show ether so its not that odd really ;-)

actually Weaver has done one in the US.

great points but to bve fair to the US, i've attended comic cons over there w/ some great guests and their big point is you don't pay for autographs.

i am sorry what ever happens you pay in the end ? if its the $150 to $500 you pay for your entry ticket or if its at the table infront of the guest one way or another everyone has to pay , it cost money to book guests and it also cost money to hire halls etc and it all has to be paid for and covered so nothing is free where ever it is in the US or the UK we are at a disivantage in one big way flights it costs us this year over $200,000 in flights and that is something all US events do not have to pay out for and we are still much cheeper than the events in the US one way or another .

Hope that helps wolfie

well i don't know what it's supposed to help, as it was just a comment. i never remotely paid close to $150 for an entry, never mind $500, but in some ways paying for autos helps matters, cos in the US you sometimes get people walking up to comic guests w/ a foot-thick stack of comics and wanting every single one signed, which doesn't help matters :-D on the other hand, i'll keep my comments to myself about what i think about cetain guests charging their fans almost £100 per autograph.

either way, i appreciate the events :-)

On the homestretch now for this - can't wait!

But anyone else feeling nervous? Maybe it's my first time at a convention, and doing Cosplay, AND meeting some huge guests for photoshoots, I feel a bag of worries not to mess up or waste chances!

:P

But anyone else feeling nervous? Maybe it's my first time at a convention, and doing Cosplay, AND meeting some huge guests for photoshoots, I feel a bag of worries not to mess up or waste chances!

:P

Going from the majority of forum posts... the people who are not nervous seem to be vastly outnumbered. ;)

yeah, i'm naturally shy and meeting a girlie as gorgeous as JLOK ramps it up to a whole other level! i've done a bit of fan art for her to sign, so i guess that makes it even worse, as i fear she might cringe a bit or whatever.

i'll be fretting about being sweaty/smelly and/or stammering like an idiot with each guest, and i'll be fretting about a guest no-showing like Val Kilmer did on the day, which was a real bummer. just have to try and relax though, in all the years i've never met an a-hole guest (there are certain people who were regulars at the US cons who were well known for their egos and attitudes to the fans) so i'll just try to relax and i think it'll be over before i know it.

Thanks jason.

I'd be interested in seeing what the lineup for the 2004 show was. Prices and all.

I can tell you some of the people who were there, but I don't think my memory will recall all the auto prices from 11 years ago. Other than to say, most of the guests then tended to be £10, with a few at £15 for an auto.

One major different thing is that there were no official photoshoots, these were introduced a number of years later, so all my photos were leans over the desk.

The first event was also held at Wembley in what I think was the exhibition / conference centre.

Guests at the first event in March 2004 included Adam West from the 1960s Batman, Pat Morita from the Karate Kid films and Brent Spiner from Star Trek.

• Like 1

email too tall ok posing this on here will not be seen by him sorry ok jx

Will do - just mentioned it as an afterthought really. Figured there'd be more than one person who might know and comment on "we're all good" or "still spaces, email XX".

I'll drop TT an email.