Some things to share so you know a little more about the show

• Showmasters Admin

I do this every year and and its cool to understand and lean some things about what goes on behind

the scenes :-)

1. This years show looks like it will totally sell out including Friday, this has surprised us all.

2. We have taken all the halls we could for this years event which is 6 halls in total so there is the space we need.

3. Just so you know next year we plan to take the entire complex all 9 halls making this the unrivalled

Comic Con in Europe as we have lots of things we want to introduce that we will need more space

for, that new things we have planed for 2016 ;-)

4. We have around 100 more trained crew that we had last year to help you all get what you want.

5. Last year we had around x 100 tv and film guests this year its more like 135

6. The Diamond passes have helped to fund the A list guests we have this year and put the event up there

with the top events in the world

7. As we are in 6 halls we wanted you all to get around easy so for your convenance we have put a

extra staircase to the next floor this staircase costs £7500,00 to have built, by the way there are

plenty of other ways up to the next floors like the staircase in each corner of the ground floor but we

wanted to make it very easy to get around.

8. The crew and guest will consume over 10,000 bottles of Water over the 3 days

9. Next year the Friday will be a full day starting at 10am and ending at 8pm to help grow the event

and give us all more time with the activities we have planed

10. To be a Pit boss ? Red Shirt you have to have worked ever job type before you get the shirt there is

around 70 pit bosses at this years show there to help you.

11. The crew and all the people that work full time are all people like yourself that came to the events

then got more involved and then started to crew and get even more involved to a point where some

of the crew work together up to 30 times a year and some work at our offices full time employees

that help to run the events for you to all attend , so its people just like you that run the events , real

fans running events for real fans.

12. This will be our 10th anniversary for LFCC

13. The budget for the guests cars and coaches for the weekend is now around the same price as the

entire first budget of LFCC 1 10 years ago

14. We put up all our guests and crew and use over 800 room nights in 8 hotels across London .

15. We use over 1000 silver 800 Black and 500 Blue pens over the weekend of the show.

16. Fans are coming from all over the world for this years LFCC and we hear people starting to say in

the US, why do we not have events like this with these A list guests? this is the first year that this feed

back has been so loud.

17. It takes over 3 months to find and get approval of the images that are used at the event .

18. On average heads of crew and the organisers each walk around 14 miles over a show weekend.

19. The Showmasters office crew has 125 years of joint event organising experience and have attended

jointly over 3500 events in there time as a fan and organiser

20. Everyone that works at Showmasters is a collector and a fan of TV and Film in some way.

Well there is some fun and interesting bits of info for you to learn and get to know us a little more :-)

We all look forward to putting on a really fun weekend for you all.

Jason :-)

Edited by StuartG2198
Spelling amendment
  • Like 41

I'm so hyped! and amen to #16! I attended few in the US (including the biggest con in the US last year) and the guest list is nowhere near this. I had 8 guests I wanted to meet against 35 I want to meet next weekend!!!

Well done SM, You put on a great event, Like the idea that next year will start at 10am, It will take so much pressure off the other two days.

some amazing facts there too, I would hate to be in your shoes sorting out all of that (My Hooves would never fit)

Looking forward to this weekend, Hope all goes well. :smile:

• Like 1

16 fans are coming from all over the world for this years LFCC and we here people starting to say in

the US why do we not have events like this with these A list guest this is the first year that this feed

back has been so loud.

That's just really odd, because they do have those events in the US. But other than that, very cool! I'm worried about it becoming overcrowded, but I guess the extra halls will help next year.

16 fans are coming from all over the world for this years LFCC and we here people starting to say in

the US why do we not have events like this with these A list guest this is the first year that this feed

back has been so loud.

That's just really odd, because they do have those events in the US. But other than that, very cool! I'm worried about it becoming overcrowded, but I guess the extra halls will help next year.

Although they have the big events which get BIG name guests and panels, I'm not aware of anything like LFCC in terms of the number of big name guests actually signing and doing photo shoots. As LFCC continues to grow in the way it is, the chance of getting exclusive panels/screenings can only increase. It's incredibly exciting that the UK is finally getting an event of this size and stature :)

Edited by Geekzania
  • Like 2

Comic Con conventions like these are rising in popularity like wildfire the last few years, but LFCC is still the cherry on the cake as far as cons go in Europe, which is why I fly over from the continent for this one. Even though the line up of this year is less impressive to me personally then last years' and I still can't shake the feeling I get less then last year for my gold pass, while paying more, It's still in a league of its own. On that note I say Job well done and I can't wait until next weekend and am already curious what you have in mind for next year.

Although they have the big events which get BIG name guests and panels, I'm not aware of anything like LFCC in terms of the number of big name guests actually signing and doing photo shoots. As LFCC continues to grow in the way it is, the chance of getting exclusive panels/screenings can only increase. It's incredibly exciting that the UK is finally getting an event of this size and stature :)

From what I can see the main difference seems to be the US show this weekend is far more about looking forward - its the show to be at to promote your product, film, or series, it's the one the studios want their stars to be at. Whereas the LFCC is more about looking backward, which is equally as good as nostalgia has always played a healthy role in fandom.

On the whole Studios go to the SDCC, Stars go to the LFCC.

• Like 4

I've only been to 1 Olympia lfcc in 2012 can someone tell me is there more floor space at this years event than 2012, it sure sounds like it. I'm guessing all the diamond guests will be seperated from unpaying eyes as well leaving the main bit under the glass free for the rest which would help.

Edited by cropsy2008

I've only been to 1 Olympia lfcc in 2012 can someone tell me is there more floor space at this years event than 2012, it sure sounds like it.

I wasn't there in 2012 but when I went to LFCCW 2013, they used 1 hall. This is in 6 so if 2012 was the same then I'd say there will be more space.

• Like 1