Christopher Lloyd diamond pass/photo shoot question.

Truly, this will be my last post re. Christopher Lloyd

I really would love to get a photo with him, and I am only there on Friday. I was wondering if there is any chance of buying a diamond pass ticket, maybe you could pleeeease squeeze me in for a regular photo shoot shot on that day instead of what would have been a clock face photo on the Sat/Sun?

I know its a long shot, but i'm desperate for a photo with this legend from my childhood.

Cheers guys. Its all groovy. Its my own dumb ass fault for leaving it so late!!

I know... yet I was giving you guys a better deal. Going for a cheaper photo shoot than what I wouldve paid for! ;)

In truth, I knew the answer. Cannot expect Showmasters to bend the rules.

If one attendees is allowed to adjust the Diamond Package it would have to be allowed for everyone, otherwise this would be extremely unfair.

I truly hope there will be a possibility of not having the photo in sepia. That would definately ruin the photo for me. I start to regret having bought the Diamond Pass instead of a standard photo. I'm sure the photographer will be able to zoom at Chris and myself so there is no need to fill that pic with the clock (I'm there for Chris and not for a clock). But a sepia filter would definately ruin the pic for me... :(

@GrandmasterA

AFAIK ist der Photoshoot mit Christopher zusammen ein normaler Shoot. Der Sepia Shoot mit der Uhr ist ein persönliches Ding mit Dir und der Uhr - ohne den Doc!

F***. Ich hab grad noch mal nachgesehen. SM haben das geändert. Jetzt ist der Shoot mit Doc tatsächlich mit der Uhr. Das passt mir auch gar nicht.

@ QS Könntest Du bitte mal checken, ob man das ändern kann. Der normale Shoot wäre meiner Frau und mir wichtiger. Die Clock dann alleine ohne den Doc.

Edited by mlong

@GrandmasterA

AFAIK ist der Photoshoot mit Christopher zusammen ein normaler Shoot. Der Sepia Shoot mit der Uhr ist ein persönliches Ding mit Dir und der Uhr - ohne den Doc!

Da hast Du Dich leider verlesen.

1 x Photo Opportunity with Christopher Lloyd and the 1885 Clock Face. This will be taking place on Saturday. (please note, this is the only photo with Christopher Lloyd included with this pass. All other photo shoots are available to purchase separately)

@GrandmasterA

Da hast Du Dich leider verlesen.

1 x Photo Opportunity with Christopher Lloyd and the 1885 Clock Face. This will be taking place on Saturday. (please note, this is the only photo with Christopher Lloyd included with this pass. All other photo shoots are available to purchase separately)

Ich muss dringend zum Augenarzt. Ich hätte eine Menge Geld drauf gesetzt, dass es anders war. Aber ein Zitat aus Mitte Dezember gibt auch den Clock Shoot an. Entschuldigung !

@mlong: I'll write in English, so everyone here is able to follow ;)

I always knew that it's a photo with the clock. That's no problem, because I'm sure, the photographer is able to ignore the clock and zoom at the persons, if I ask him to do so. The fact, that the print will be in sepia was new to me. We live in 2015. If I want a photo in sepia, I can do that on my own afterwards. But I cannot undo a sepia effect that easily. That's the problem.

I'm going to get about 11 photos from LFCC. This one will be the only one that's not coloured correctly. It won't fit into my collection. And I don't really need a "replica" of the clock picture from 1885, since I'll be wearing normal Jeans and T-Shirt and not a 1885 outfit (and I guess, Chris won't be wearing a 1885 outfit either). If people like Kymley want a replica photo it's nice for them. If I would have known that the clock photo has messed up colours (that's what sepia actually is!), I would have bought a standard photo instead. But it was not clear! Also if you try to say "it's your own fault, if you don't read every single line of the web page even if it's an outdated article". It's not mentioned at the store, it's not mentioned at Lloyd's info page. I still don't really get, why there is a prop photo included with Lloyd and no prop photo with Fox. People who like props will be disappointed, when they meet both. And people who don't will be disappointed, too... Luckily, you won't "mess up" my photo with Fox.

I'm there to have a photo with the guest. Everything else on the pic is unnecessary space robbery. Even if it was the DeLorean. There are seperate prop shoots included with the Diamond Passes. That's more than enough for me.

There is a very easy solution for the colours of the pic: Let the people decide! Take the photo. Ask "sepia or not" and print it afterwards. No big deal, because the sepia normally is a post-production effect anyways.
I'll bring a A4 paper sheet with the words "No sepia please! ;)" to show it to the printing desk after my photo has been taken, even if there are 10 people in front of me. I hope that's no big deal. They normally have to add the sepia effect after the photo has been taken. I don't think the camera will take it in sepia already. I'll ask the photographer for sure. We'll see... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm sure many people are not aware that you plan to mess up the colours. And I'm also sure, I'm not the only one, who will be very disappointed! mlong also seems not to be very happy... same with MichaelMyers... and I'm sure, there will be many others...

I'm kind of gutted now actually... but still hoping the sheet will do...

Edited by GrandmasterA
  • Like 1

Michael Myers is unhappy because he missed out on ordering and the package can't be adjusted, that's a completely different thing.

The Diamond Pass has always included the clock photo, I double checked on that. The store listing refers you to the website for additional information where the sepia is clearly mentioned. We had people coming on here asking about the clock photo and we answered accordingly.

I have no clue how the sepia will be handled - my camera allows me to adjust settings to sepia - so is not completely impossible that this is not simply a software switch. Switching back and forth takes time, time which is not there in a photo session - especially as the sepia was advertised in the first place, and as I have seen from some other posts and my personal opinion too the sepia actually is the special appeal of the clock photo.

Please feel free to ask on the day, but I have no idea if you can be accomodated. If you can be accomodated you may be asked to wait so that the settings only have to be changed once. I would also strongly advise you not to bring the sign you mentioned. For one, this can come across as pretty rude. Two, you have the wrong timing. You need to ask for a Pit Boss and ask them first if anything can be done before the shoot. Asking the photographer or at the printing desk is way too late.

OK, my mood is going down the hill... ^^

I'll take your advice and ask the Pit Boss. I have no problem with waiting until the end of the line for the settings to be changed. It would definately be worth that!

Again: It doesn't help to say "you should have known". The RTTF article reads like a first message about plans. Many of the stuff listed there is outdated. And even if I'd take it word by word, it still says that there is a sepia prop shoot (also included with the MJF Diamond Pass) and there is a shoot with cast members (no sepia mentioned again): "1885 Clock Tower photo shoot (sepia tone) & cast photo shoot opportunity".

Sepia is a mess up of the colours. I also don't want black and white photos in 2015.

It's no replica of the original photo when we're not in costumes. And it really doesn't matter TO ME, if there are people who like it. That does not help the people who don't like it.

I totally agree when stuff is clear from the very beginning and people did not read properly. But again: There is only one old article mentioning the word "sepia" at all. That's far away from "totally clear". No word in the store, no word at the info page for Lloyd, no word in the announcement thread. That's were probably most people came from when they ordered. Forum and shop are linked from Lloyd's info page. The RTTF page is not linked from there...!

But all discussion doesn't help. I'm going to ask the Pit Boss and keep my fingers crossed, he can help in any way.
Would be nice, if they knew about people like me in advance to sort them out in the beginning of the shooting. But I'm a dreamer probably...

Edited by GrandmasterA
  • Like 1