Meeting Female Guests

Okay guys, please stay friendly on here. We do have guests coming on here too and there's been some posts made that were quite likely off putting to them.

As Stuart has already said, we simply don't know what made a guest ask for something, not giving out hugs etc. You pay for the photo, not hugs or body contact.

I once was in line for a female guest when there was quite a big commotion. Turned out a male attendee had put his hand where she didn't quite expect it to be. She was visibly upset and yes, due to that we were informed not to ask for hugs and please not to put our arm around her either. Completely understandably after she was shaken that way. Unfortunately for every 999 people that adhere to rules there's 1 bad apple who possibly spoils it for the others.

• Like 4

As others have said just have a look at what people in front of you are doing. Some guests are happy to get close with attendees some are not.

Last year Terry Farrell was very hands on with everyone. She hugged almost everyone and was getting very close! It was her decision to give out hugs.

Just have a look at some of her photos from last year.

http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/gallery/Terry-Farrell-gallery/G00002FuStpssJg8/C0000534LRahESKg

Terry Farrell took great delight in pinching my nipple last year......................

• Like 1

As others have said just have a look at what people in front of you are doing. Some guests are happy to get close with attendees some are not.

Last year Terry Farrell was very hands on with everyone. She hugged almost everyone and was getting very close! It was her decision to give out hugs.

http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/gallery/Terry-Farrell-gallery/G00002FuStpssJg8/C0000534LRahESKg

Terry Farrell took great delight in pinching my nipple last year......................
Usually I'd ask for proof, but I'm not sure that's a picture I want to see! ;)
  • Like 1

Usually I'd ask for proof, but I'm not sure that's a picture I want to see! ;)

I was fully clothed but left with a big smile on my face. :smile:

• Like 2

Okay guys, please stay friendly on here. We do have guests coming on here too and there's been some posts made that were quite likely off putting to them.

As Stuart has already said, we simply don't know what made a guest ask for something, not giving out hugs etc. You pay for the photo, not hugs or body contact.

I once was in line for a female guest when there was quite a big commotion. Turned out a male attendee had put his hand where she didn't quite expect it to be. She was visibly upset and yes, due to that we were informed not to ask for hugs and please not to put our arm around her either. Completely understandably after she was shaken that way. Unfortunately for every 999 people that adhere to rules there's 1 bad apple who possibly spoils it for the others.

Its annoying that some idiots can ruin it for everyone. I hope people that do something like that are removed from the convention.

Its annoying that some idiots can ruin it for everyone. I hope people that do something like that are removed from the convention.

I was pretty much at the end of the line and didn't catch what exactly happened. But yes, if something like inappropriate body contact happens there will be actions taken.

one idiot can ruin it for so many other people.

i always think pictures with guests look SO much better if there is a little bit of contact. even if its just them resting a hand or arm on your shoulder (Jon bernthal did that with me at my first con!). it just makes the picture look a bit more friendly. im sure most of us have seen those god aweful avril lavigne photos that were doing the rounds where she wouldnt allow anyone within 2 feet of her and it looks so awkward and forced. (admittedly that may have had soemthing to do with her being ill but im not sure)

in the end its down to the guests, so you've always got to respect their wishes.

on the flip side there are some guests who get REALLY into the photos and do some things that might make the punter paying for the photo feel awkward. (For instance, John Barrowman, who is the undisputed KING of the photoshoot with fans, has no problem with getting handsy with people. (im referring to several photoshoot pics i found online) and if he did some of those with me i wouldnt feel comfortable at all.

anyway.... i cant wait for my Rose leslie photo and i REALLY hope she's up for holding a knife to my throat! (there are a lot of people who im sure would love the chance to do that ;) )

• Like 1

If it's the occasion I'm thinking of, it was a complete misunderstanding. I met the friend of the person involved and the poor sod still feels terrible about it.

I'm reminded of the first time I was told there will be no contact with a guest because of an incident , and it involved two ex wwe divas ( MK and GK)

Ps. Me and Terry Farrell :)

I look a little like the cat that got the cream, as I was totally taken by surprise by what she did !!

FB_IMG_1436208680820.jpg

Edited by andrewrolar
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm reminded of the first time I was told there will be no contact with a guest because of an incident , and it involved two ex wwe divas ( MK and GK)

Ps. Me and Terry Farrell :)

I look a little like the cat that got the cream, as I was totally taken by surprise by what she did !!FB_IMG_1436208680820.jpg

Excellent picture!!!