Suggestion for Photo Op Crowd Control

Megaphones.

Been a few years now and every year I think that it could be made clearer outside the photo studios who and what people are queuing up for. Everyone is asking each other "is this the queue for..." And it's like Chinese whispers. No one is sure because try as you might you can't hear the staff at the front of the queue.

So megaphones, good idea or no?

• Moderators

I personally would say no, purely as there are several photo areas in operation so staff using megaphones I think could be quite disruptive, obviously not knowing the layout there is no knowing how that would impact on the talks stages either.

I would say that it needs physical barriers rather than tape on the floor. Then from the barriers its easy to have a sign above head height with the name of the photo shoot and batch number written on it.

• Like 2

I can see that being helpful. Further down the line though it is still confusing. There have been times when staff have made their way down the queue to explain but 10 ft away you can't hear because of the background noise.

• Like 1

I would say that it needs physical barriers rather than tape on the floor. Then from the barriers its easy to have a sign above head height with the name of the photo shoot and batch number written on it.

I've asked about tensa barriers on this forum a million times. Never been given an answer. Venues the size of Olympia must have them or something similar.

The tape on the floor system is antiquated and really needs replacing. Last year (I know different venue but bear with me) and people were sitting on the floor in the queue areas for shoots and walking though the queues too. Barriers would have cut all of that out.

• Like 1

Think of it as an investment for the future... Their floor tape bill each convention must be huge! They must be keeping a small company aloft themselves.

The autograph area too could benefit from them to stop the casual photographers cutting through and interrupting or others cutting through the whole area to go somewhere else.

Just my $0.02

Yeah on of the very few changes I'd really like SM to make is getting tensa barriers for the shoot area queues. It just makes sense.

I recently worked at a cinema and we had to use them sometimes, and we weren't getting anywhere near the numbers of people SM do.