Showmasters Community Masquerade

@Ashvstheworld Ooooo awesome!! Who are you cosplaying??

@tania_twinkle Alas, don't we all wish we could do more cartwheels :P We *do* have both the Championship masquerade on Sunday (where your cosplay needs to be at least 80% handmade) and also our Open Masquerade where any costume can enter if you want a chance to perform on stage .. even if it isn't cartwheels!

• Like 1

@Ashvstheworld Ooooo awesome!! Who are you cosplaying??

@tania_twinkle Alas, don't we all wish we could do more cartwheels :P We *do* have both the Championship masquerade on Sunday (where your cosplay needs to be at least 80% handmade) and also our Open Masquerade where any costume can enter if you want a chance to perform on stage .. even if it isn't cartwheels!

Going to be cosplaying Star-Lord was fairly easy to make and I love his character ^.^

Well as this is my first time and I'm usually 'behind the scenes' when I perform (I am a DJ for a burlesque troupe - if you know Mo Jo Jones - Eddie Chung's g/f from food & cosplay she's in it?) I think I'll give it a miss this time. But who knows what will happen the next con I go to (& I'm definitely going again!)

Edited by tania_twinkle

@Ashvstheworld Awesome, love GotG!

@RoryMcGarrett Go for it!!

@taniatwinkle Ahhh yes I know Mo Jo :) I'm always 'behind the scenes' too, usually cosplay crew and used to be rarely 'on' the stage. Then @JessicaCosplay got involved and I've now presented masquerades and panels and am slowly conquering the stage fright ;). It does mean that if there are any scared people backstage I can help them as I go through it *every* time I get in front of people hehe.

• Like 1

@Melmo but you still cosplay while doing the backstage stuff? I'd love to get into doing that! I am fairly 'flamboyant' but not quite ready for going the whole hog so to speak! Once I've done it a few times I probably would, I did my first burlesque performance last year for halloween so maybe in a couple of years I'll be ready lol!

My first performance is here

@tania_twinkle Oooo yes, I still cosplay while crewing! They tend to be my 'comfier' cosplays so that I can run around in them. LFCC I'm taking my steampunk pirate OC and Keith from L4D2 I think, come and say hi!! (that goes for everyone lol)

• Like 1

I'll try come find you, but will appreciate you'll be running around like a headless chicken! Also my g/f isn't really into cosplaying she's going for the comic artwork so I have to make sure she gets equal time lol I just like showing off as you know yourself! Have fun and hope it goes well for you. :dance::borg::frankie:

@tania_twinkle would like to see you!!

@Mr J yes there is a competition on Sunday at 4pm .. you need to sign up either using the email or at the Cosplay Desk (we will more than likely be very close to the Cosplay Stage on Level 1 - see the floorplan). If the table isn't obvious there, just ask one of the crew around the cosplay stage and they will be able to direct you to the table to sign up!

• Like 1