Gold Pass included Photo Shoots...

I guess that is for the autograph vouchers too, so I can throw 40 pounds worth of vouchers in the bin?

BTW never got feedback on that, but still curious: during the weekend I saw and heard a lot of people using those autograph vouchers for more expensive guests...Was that many oversights at the autograph tables or did the rules change all of a sudden? As I understood autograph vouchers were only to be used on 10 pound guests...?

I guess that is for the autograph vouchers too, so I can throw 40 pounds worth of vouchers in the bin?

BTW never got feedback on that, but still curious: during the weekend I saw and heard a lot of people using those autograph vouchers for more expensive guests...Was that many oversights at the autograph tables or did the rules change all of a sudden? As I understood autograph vouchers were only to be used on 10 pound guests...?

I saw this as well and even using them on Saturday left me very angry as I had planned mine so well

You overlooked the feedback, I replied to that. The rules did not change. Some people tried and got away with it because the crew member they tried it with was temporarily distracted.

You overlooked the feedback, I replied to that. The rules did not change. Some people tried and got away with it because the crew member they tried it with was temporarily distracted.

With so many posts I must have indeed missed that, my apologies. It did not happen just with one crew member, it happened at several guest tables and with many different people. Temporarily distracted is thus unlikely. More likely the crew behind the tables didn't know the rules properly...Anyway, thanks for confirming at least I understood the rules correctly...can't shake the feeling nicely following the rules just cost me 40 pounds though....

Edited by Vhiper

I know for a fact that some people "did try it anyway" because they stated so on Facebook, that was the reason for my comment.

I wasn't working in the signing areas, so I have no idea about the briefings there. What I do know is that some pits were manic (Bill Paxton where I had been told this happened for example), so I was going by that.

It will be addressed for future shows definitely, and personally I think there will be changes. Don't ask me which though, but something should be changed cause clearly this wasn't working as intended.

I know for a fact that some people "did try it anyway" because they stated so on Facebook, that was the reason for my comment.

I wasn't working in the signing areas, so I have no idea about the briefings there. What I do know is that some pits were manic (Bill Paxton where I had been told this happened for example), so I was going by that.

It will be addressed for future shows definitely, and personally I think there will be changes. Don't ask me which though, but something should be changed cause clearly this wasn't working as intended.

Said as much from the start... Photoshoot vouchers worked better..Got to spend those, paying extra on top, so a win for SM and I left happy, but those auto's are leaving SM without extra income and with me feeling robbed.

Happened as well on the Friday at Christopher Lloyd, told to me first hand at the event, which already made me wonder and I've read a few others at other guests as well...Bill Paxton I hadn't heard, but that's another one for the list then....

Defiantly hope this will be changed for future events, because I don't want to feel robbed again.

Whilst I did use mine on the Saturday, it was only for a £10 guest and only because someone earlier had told me they'd done it. I still don't see what the problem was to be honest - the guest had no one queueing and was only there that day. I see where the issue might occur with the more expensive guests, but if this had been a decent offer in the first place no one would have been 'trying it on' at all....we should have just been given four £10 vouchers we could use on what we wanted. It's bad enough the price of the gold pass has gone up whilst the exclusivity has gone down - £50 since 2013 which is a huge percentage increase (£175 to £225 is almost 30%) - but to then start putting restrictions on everything is just adding insult.

Hi, I've been waiting for forum validation so sorry to post so many days later but for some of my group it was the 1st time we had had a gold pass for an event like this and we were a little unsure of the rules; so in order to clarify we asked the lady giving out the gold goodie bags and vouchers if the £10 autograph vouchers could only be used for a guest charging just £10 and were told no, they could be used for any guest.

Obviously we know now this was not the case but I just wanted to point out in some cases it may not have been deliberate as we were told this by showmaster's crew.

I used mine on £15 guests on the Sunday, wasn't a deliberate act of trying to break the rules I just assumed you could and the desks never questioned me about it. To be honest though I'd gladly break that rule deliberately as it's ridiculous to not be able to use them on any autograph.

might be better in future to give the vouchers like the ones used for refunds that way people can use them for any autograph/photo shoot or towards any.

might be better in future to give the vouchers like the ones used for refunds that way people can use them for any autograph/photo shoot or towards any.

As I said, this is one of the things being worked on. I currently don't know more details than that, sorry.

• Like 1

Exactly its all new and worth a try with them passes queen shame some people don't realize that ur trying ur best that's all that matters use all have done a fantastic job at this event here's a big cookie dnt forget to pass some of it around lol