Real fans thoughts on this its a new problem that we have to solve

I'm not sure if spot checks will stop the problem, if the event is sold out and someone is desperate to get in, they maybe willing to gamble on not being checked.

I think it's too close to the show now for SM to implement anything that will truly stop people, but spot checks may put some of them off or catch some. The real discussion is what they can do for next year.

True. You could limit the number of tickets sold to an individual maybe to 6. Could you have a website where people finding for whatever reason they no longer need a ticket go on a waiting list, so that when the event does sell out people wanting to go can buy the tickets. The people buying would buy at normal price, people selling at a bit less to cover the costs. Could this be done right up to entrance time?

• Like 2

I agree it can't be stopped but SM have to limit the number of tickets being resold. If everyone bought two tickets, one for themselves and one to sell at an inflated price, where would that leave fans? If you are not quick enough to buy a ticket, then an inflated price one would be your only option.

I agree with your sentiments, however look at it from another perspective:

You buy entrance tickets weeks in advance. You make plans, sort out work, arrange train or other travel.

Then approx 1-2 weeks before the event, the guest(s) you wanted to meet cancels. Your entire weekend is potentially in disarray. There may be no other reason you were planning to attend the show.

I have been in this situation at least 3 times before. In terms of getting compensated for pre-paid entrance tickets, SM basically said, I'm paraphrasing obviously, but "tough luck, you're stuffed."

With no refund or resale policy for entrance tickets, this has been a long time coming.

I totally agree it needs to be outlawed. One way of doing that is tracing & cancelling the tickets sold on unauthorized sites, as is done successfully in many other events.

• Like 3

£99.00 for a ticket!!!! its the real fans that suffer from these touts and other people who bulk buy tickets to make some money from innocent fans,first- there should be the name of the person printed on the ticket, second- the person named on the ticket must provide i.d such as a passport or driving license,and third- any person with fake tickets or more than one ticket should be banned from all showmasters events!! I know this will mean more people checking tickets and maybe longer waits in the queue but hopefully it stops this from happing at future showmasters events.... keep up the good work showmasters.... !!!!

• Like 1

£99.00 for a ticket!!!! its the real fans that suffer from these touts and other people who bulk buy tickets to make some money from innocent fans,first- there should be the name of the person printed on the ticket, second- the person named on the ticket must provide i.d such as a passport or driving license,and third- any person with fake tickets or more than one ticket should be banned from all showmasters events!! I know this will mean more people checking tickets and maybe longer waits in the queue but hopefully it stops this from happing at future showmasters events.... keep up the good work showmasters.... !!!!

the way they can do it to make it move abit quicker is to get people walking down the queue and check for I'd that way

this is something, that, unfortunately, happens to every big event at some point. Noticed that at a festival I used to go to. The Tickets now a personalized and can't be sold further.

I think having names on the tickets and checking ID is the best way to go, and include spot checking inside as well. At point of purchase you could give the names of all the people going so each ticket is personalised. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but since there are usually people queuing for hours before the doors open anyway (I am usually one of them lol), you could have a couple of staff checking the ID/tickets from say 8am and giving the paper-type wristbands (like you get at fun fairs etc) to those that have been checked. This would then make the entry much quicker as people only need to flash the wrist-band for that day as they go in.

Some sort of official buy-back or re-sell site would also help people who genuinely need to would also be great.

i must admit to find it a little bemusing that some people are aghast at the thought of a £99 entrance ticket but not much seems to have been said to a guest charging £95 for an autograph.

let me just add something to that thought too - given the stance against people buying a ticket to sell on ebay at a profit, where does this compare w/ someone getting an autograph to put on ebay? is there the same outrage if someone gets a BttF DVD signed and then puts it straight up on ebay for double the money?

Edited by Wolfie138
  • Like 1

i must admit to find it a little bemusing that some people are aghast at the thought of a £99 entrance ticket but not much seems to have been said to a guest charging £95 for an autograph.

let me just add something to that thought too - given the stance against people buying a ticket to sell on ebay at a profit, where does this compare w/ someone getting an autograph to put on ebay? is there the same outrage if someone gets a BttF DVD signed and then puts it straight up on ebay for double the money?

It's like anything in life, prices are proportional. I wouldn't expect the top tier guests to only be charging £25 as much as I would like them to. However the entry is a set price, if people want to sell it on for face value that's fine but prices like that are done for no reason other than profit on the side of the seller meaning that people who genuinely want to attend, the ones these events are aimed at are loosing out and being fleeced. Yes it's their choice to pay it but if it's the only way they can get a ticket.....

I don't entirely agree with you though - no one is suffering, because no one 'needs' to buy a ticket. We're not talking medicine to cure some disease here, we're talking about a relatively cheap ticket to an event that's been on sale for months. I paid double the value last year for a photo shoot because I hadn't been before & saw it too late to go through the normal channels & I was prepared to pay over the odds.

However I do think with it selling out now & only likely to get bigger, a sell back scheme would be helpful

I think we should all continue to bid on these tickets on eBay for for stupids amount of money like thousands of pounds etc like what people did for the Stone Roses! And then just not pay. Its not a solution to the problem i know but it sure would kick some of these guys in the nuts

these resellers of tickets need to be punished!
i still feel the only way forward is to copy the big American conventions and have this event as membership/registration only! (also for security)
and have a ticket buy back scheme! (mainly for entrance tickets)

so people have to register their checkable details(including some sort of bank/credit card and e-mail address) once registered only then can they buy tickets.
and all tickets would have buyers name & members number on it.
and if buying for other people those people will need to be registered as well(like children) and input their names and numbers to be printed off on their tickets but linked to the buyer.

and if anyone is found guilty of breaking any rules (like reselling tickets) -they could be banned from all future events easily by not been able to register ever again!

also you could take it up another level as well - by having a members photo I.D pass made for each member(for a small fee) and no ticket would be valid without a members pass, and this would be easier then to do I.D and ticket spot checks.

What I don't understand, the people who are willing to pay the massively inflated prices, if there are they desperate to go surely they would have bought a ticket sooner? It's not like a gig where they go on sale and can sell out in minutes. I bought my Saturday entry back in February..

There's a lot of outcry here for these people to be punished. You understand that a lot of these people probably aren't aware that the tickets are non-transferable and are just blissfully ignorant. I didn't know until it was highlighted on here. Again not everyone reads these boards. We are in the minority. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt unless they have many many tickets listed under the same eBay account. You shouldn't automatically assume these people are all touts.

As each year goes by and people realise its going to sell out then people will be forced to buy earlier and earlier. Those that missed out this year will buy earlier next year.

Also its funny for something where you are in two minds about going, as soon as it is sold out you really want to go.☺

There's a lot of outcry here for these people to be punished. You understand that a lot of these people probably aren't aware that the tickets are non-transferable and are just blissfully ignorant. I didn't know until it was highlighted on here. Again not everyone reads these boards. We are in the minority. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt unless they have many many tickets listed under the same eBay account. You shouldn't automatically assume these people are all touts.

i don't really want to debate to the ignorance bit but they must be blind as well because its printed on the e-tickets and stands out a mile as there is very little print on tickets

#please note

one ticket=exchange for ONE entry

Tickets are non refundable and non transferable.

tickets only valid on date stated

• Like 2

Welldone to Showmasters for a sold out event :-)

I want to go but unfortunately I will be in LA.

However, can I point out a few things:

1. What happened to good old event where everyone can get in and pay on the day, you could have half on sale on website and other half on the day?

2. What about those who does not have credit or debit and only use cash form to pay?

3. I think you have too many A-stars coming, that is the one of the reason why it got sold out, making it seem unfair to other who are simple want to browse stalls, buying toys, figures etc and not interested in autograph or photo op.

4. Would it be better to have two events in separate buildings at the same time, so if we want to buy something or browse stalls, they can go in one event, pay a small entry fee. If we want to meet, autograph and photo op, we can pay the tickets that includes the cost of entry to other building? That way, it would be easier to control crowd and can let in buyers who just want to look around and buy something, if you get my idea? It would be good for sellers too.

5. Would a bigger venue be good? London Expo, much bigger than what we going. That would be perfect for above.

6. As there is no pay on the door ( am I correct, due to conflict information? ) what will happen to people who arrive to find no entry without tickets? I'm sure there are lot of people who does not online often and on hearsay.

7. As the line up of stars for autograph and photos get larger, you will need better barriers, fencing etc to control crowd, I have been to load of events and seeing a few jumpers, wrong queue, and misused of number system.

8. Tickets, if someone is unable to go, for photos op, I can't see why it can't be transfer to other who want it but sold out, why can't it be transfer to other at same value and Showmasters doesn't lose out.

9. Stalls setup, last time I went, the crowd was ridiculous, too many in corridor way between stalls, the stalls need to be moved wide and give enough space.

10. The solution to tickets tout problem is to have on site check-in where you ordered tickets on line but does not get tickets yet till arrive on the day and get tickets from machine that need credit or debit card to prove you bought the tickets, like the one in cinema?

11. On the spot check, that will not work. Because one could order tickets as a gift for member of family to go.

I am sorry to point out but it must be said, please do not be offended.

Thanks for the great past shows.

Daniel.

i don't really want to debate to the ignorance bit but they must be blind as well because its printed on the e-tickets and stands out a mile as there is very little print on tickets#please note

I see your point. Does it also state that on the e-tickets? I honestly didn't think to look and was blissfully ignorant until recently. Again it just highlights the need for a buy back system. If people have a genuine reason that they cannot go then the tickets shouldn't go to waste. My main point is though that you shouldn't tar everybody with the same brush. Just because they've put a tickets on eBay doesn't automatically make them a money grabbing tout.

i don't really want to debate to the ignorance bit but they must be blind as well because its printed on the e-tickets and stands out a mile as there is very little print on tickets#please note

I see your point. Does it also state that on the e-tickets? I honestly didn't think to look and was blissfully ignorant until recently. Again it just highlights the need for a buy back system. If people have a genuine reason that they cannot go then the tickets shouldn't go to waste. My main point is though that you shouldn't tar everybody with the same brush. Just because they've put a tickets on eBay doesn't automatically make them a money grabbing tout.
it does when there putting more of a price on them that they paid for
  • Like 3

Welldone to Showmasters for a sold out event :-)

I want to go but unfortunately I will be in LA.

However, can I point out a few things:

1. What happened to good old event where everyone can get in and pay on the day, you could have half on sale on website and other half on the day?

2. What about those who does not have credit or debit and only use cash form to pay?

3. I think you have too many A-stars coming, that is the one of the reason why it got sold out, making it seem unfair to other who are simple want to browse stalls, buying toys, figures etc and not interested in autograph or photo op.

4. Would it be better to have two events in separate buildings at the same time, so if we want to buy something or browse stalls, they can go in one event, pay a small entry fee. If we want to meet, autograph and photo op, we can pay the tickets that includes the cost of entry to other building? That way, it would be easier to control crowd and can let in buyers who just want to look around and buy something, if you get my idea? It would be good for sellers too.

5. Would a bigger venue be good? London Expo, much bigger than what we going. That would be perfect for above.

6. As there is no pay on the door ( am I correct, due to conflict information? ) what will happen to people who arrive to find no entry without tickets? I'm sure there are lot of people who does not online often and on hearsay.

7. As the line up of stars for autograph and photos get larger, you will need better barriers, fencing etc to control crowd, I have been to load of events and seeing a few jumpers, wrong queue, and misused of number system.

8. Tickets, if someone is unable to go, for photos op, I can't see why it can't be transfer to other who want it but sold out, why can't it be transfer to other at same value and Showmasters doesn't lose out.

9. Stalls setup, last time I went, the crowd was ridiculous, too many in corridor way between stalls, the stalls need to be moved wide and give enough space.

10. The solution to tickets tout problem is to have on site check-in where you ordered tickets on line but does not get tickets yet till arrive on the day and get tickets from machine that need credit or debit card to prove you bought the tickets, like the one in cinema?

11. On the spot check, that will not work. Because one could order tickets as a gift for member of family to go.

I am sorry to point out but it must be said, please do not be offended.

Thanks for the great past shows.

Daniel.

Your points are all valid.

1. It's causing too many issues to have them available on the day. However many they would have available you are always going to have a lot more people turning up, and we aren't talking 20 or 30, we are talking of hundreds. This causes massive queues and very angry people who will have paid out for travel etc to not be able to get in.

2. Unfortunately that is the way things are these days. They would have to get someone with a card to pay and then pay them back.

3. That's what the event is about though. The stars.

4. Possibly but that's easier said than done. There aren't that many huge venues to choose from and they are often booked with other events.

5. As no 4.

6. Nothing. To be blunt, they will have to go. If they have travelled all the way down without checking the details on line it'll be a hard lesson for them.

7. Sometimes it happens. Speak to the crew if you see it though and they can help. If barriers are needed SM will use them

8. Jason has said in the first post about a buy back/sale through SM scheme plan.

9. Agreed. Space is key, especially considering there are buggies, wheelchairs and cane users.

Edited by Raylenth