Real fans thoughts on this its a new problem that we have to solve

Just a quick bit... how about a defacing the entry ticket. Like for example when you go in get a red stamp of something, then when you go for your photo, for example, and you hand in your ticket you get your entry ticket stamped with a different colour, . That way no one can go back in or try and get in twice or three times etc.

Like most people I agree with the resell version and going through SM only to make them valid. I have a photo booked for Bill Paxton when it should have been William Forsyth and I'd hate for someone to miss out just for my mistake in having that extra ticket but it's something I just have to live with in the loss or overspend of £45.

I think someone said about photo id and that not everyone has it. I don't have anything that has a card etc with my photo on it (ie a driving licence for example)

A problem I could see with the showing someone your credit card for the last numbers, you run the risk of people losing cards or Heaven forbid getting stolen.

Anyway, just a couple or three bits I wanted to add...

Incidently to all the staff, crew, helpers, volunteers, everyone involved with putting on the cons for us a big thank you...

Edited by Decant

Redjohn - do you have to pay to be a member for San Diego Comic con? I have absolutely no issue being a member if its not yet another

Extra payment....I thought you had to go into a lottery to be able to buy tickets for SDCC (like you do for some England matches or like we did for the Olympics ), I didn't realise there was a fee?

With regards to going in direction of SDCC this is where what people had been discussing on other threads come into it, such as like some festivals do...where previous years ticket holders get an opportunity to buy them straight away for the following year before they go on general sale etc.

I am not sure of all the ins and outs of SDCC, but I don't think the rules of buying tickets for LFACC should be stricter than buying tickets for say the Olympics etc!

were not aloud to talk about other conventions on this forum but most big American cons have different rules- some you need a membership & fee- basically you have to put all your details on a form and you receive your pass(entrance ticket)after your details check out ,whilst SDCC you register for free but when the tickets go on line(only about 100,000) and you can try and buy 1 but they sell out in like seconds on line and at the event if you've been lucky, you pre- register with photo ID to get your ID Pass.

• Like 1

Just a quick bit... how about a defacing the entry ticket. Like for example when you go in get a red stamp of something, then when you go for your photo, for example, and you hand in your ticket you get your entry ticket stamped with a different colour, . That way no one can go back in or try and get in twice or three times etc.

That's not really the issue. With the Etickets once they've been used, the code won't work again which is essentially the same as defacing them when they are used. The problem is that people can print them out or email them many times and sell them at a high price but only the first time the code is used will work, meaning the buyer has spent a lot of money for nothing.

Edited by Wrong Name

How bout sending card details and uploading a photo for I'd then they either do an e-ticket with Certain code which if u load it will load up a pic and there name. Or if the person is buying the ticket for someone they upload a pic of the person?

I've been coming to the showmasters events since cm2 and it's been amazing watching the events get bigger and the guests getting better.

Long gone are the days of the free entry at MK shopping centre. With ticketing and the shows starting to sell out selling tickets on sites is always going to be an issue. I'm sure other events face similar problems.

There are a lot of great ideas on this forum of our to protect our shows. How about adding our photos to the tickets? When you order the tickets you upload a pic and it gets Added to your ticket? This would mean extra staff or security on the doors for entry of course? Or we could just clone Too Tall?

This way if a ticket was brought as a gift you could always upload a friends picture. If it means ticket prices go up by a bit so be it. As I said at the start it was free entry... These things happen.

Cannot wait for next weeks show and the rest of this years shows

Peace and Love

• Like 2

Redjohn - do you have to pay to be a member for San Diego Comic con? I have absolutely no issue being a member if its not yet another

Extra payment....I thought you had to go into a lottery to be able to buy tickets for SDCC (like you do for some England matches or like we did for the Olympics ), I didn't realise there was a fee?

With regards to going in direction of SDCC this is where what people had been discussing on other threads come into it, such as like some festivals do...where previous years ticket holders get an opportunity to buy them straight away for the following year before they go on general sale etc.

I am not sure of all the ins and outs of SDCC, but I don't think the rules of buying tickets for LFACC should be stricter than buying tickets for say the Olympics etc!

were not aloud to talk about other conventions on this forum but most big American cons have different rules- some you need amembership & fee- basically you have to put all your details on a form and you receive your pass(entrance ticket)after your details check out ,whilst SDCC you register for free but when the tickets go on line(only about 100,000) and you can try and buy 1 but they sell out in like seconds on line and at the event if you've been lucky, you pre- register with photo ID to get your ID Pass.

ah yeah didn think when asking that! Thanks for replying redjohn. :)

Totally shocking but not a surprise! A buy back ticket service would be really good just like they do at SDCC. Least then 'real fans' would have a chance of purchasing tickets at the asking price rather than hiked up prices.

• Like 1

The only trouble with a buy back ticket service (Which in theory is great) is what happens when they sell out? Still going to have touts selling at hiked up prices.

For any event that's popular, it's like Jurassic Park, "The touts find a way!"

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 3

I like the idea of checking ID while in the queue, stamping your hand once it has been checked. :smile:

It makes sense when you think about it :)

I don't have any photo ID other than my passport.

And of course that's the last thing that you want to take !

But don't worry SM hasn't said if we need ID or not so I'm going with the not route :)

Mind you you could always just take a photocopy of your passport its the next best thing :)

Oh I have a scan of my passport on my phone - ironically in case I'd lost my passport on holiday as I carried that everywhere. Only ever needed over here to change the money at the post office.

Mind you a photocopied passport or scan would be easy to fake if anyone set their mind to it.

LFCC is at the point where it needs to be pre-sale only and e-tickets, because of the huge demand for the event. And so it brings up new ways for people to exploit the system for profit. So, SM have to change a few things here and there in order to combat this.

Well we've past that point, and most of us are prepared. I've just noticed a major flaw with the system though.

The advert in SFX (with 3 of 7 headliners now cancelled) makes no mention of Saturday being presale only, and of course it's since changed to sold out. People will turn up on the day. They won't know not to. On the Sunday lunchtime last year there was a mum who asked me where Stan Lee was signing... even had things gone to plan she obviously had no chance whatsoever. Not everyone comes here.

As for people selling on eBay, yes the show is a victim of its own success, but also a victim of it's own policies. Half the people selling may have honestly come on here first to be swiftly told 'selling is not permitted'... thread locked. These people aren't given much choice, except try their luck and sell elsewhere. If one ticket goes for one price, if an event later sells out of course the asking price will go higher. A black market can only exist when there's no alternative. An official resell - or better yet, let people go on a waiting list - benefits everyone. Except anyone looking to make a quick profit.

Edited by TerraHawk
  • Like 2

That's what I mean though, this event was the transitional one. SM said there would be on-the-door sales for 2 of the days, as I don't think even they thought it would be this mad sales-wise.

So next year everything can be more set in stone, and lengths can be gone to to stop these sales issues and work out how best to sell tickets in an accessible and fair way but also limit the freedom of touts.

If SM decide to cancel tickets that can be identified on Ebay I hate to be the staff member who has to tell the buyer their ( rather inflated priced ) tickets are not worth the paper they are printed on. To say there will be one or two angry members of the public would be a understatement after all you could say they bought them fair and square and I doubt very much if Ebay would refund any monies.

If SM do cancel identifiable tickets bought on Ebay they need to say so with in this forum so the buyer may be able to claim back what they paid for them from the seller before the event and not afterwards.

How ever next year well that could and should be different and the easiest solution would be to either give us a refund on unwanted tickets or a platform to sell them on at face value.That way you wouldn't have to go to ebay and pay a small fortune for tickets and any that are on Ebay should be cancelled. Just as long as SM say any tickets that are bought this way WILL be cancelled !

Unfortunately it really is a case of buyer beware. If people buy these tickets that then get cancelled it's up to the buyer to pursue, to chase the seller through small claims court as they sold on tickets that they were legally bound not to sell on. It's unfortunate for the crew who have to deal with it but if SM choose to cancel the identifiable tickets it's not their responsibility to help the buyer in any way.

Also as stated a lot of people don't come on the forum so even if SM do as you suggest and post here it's unlikely that those buying will see this message. Unfortunately it really needs to be in the print on the eticket that if it has been sold on by the ticket holder against policy the ticket may be canceled and invalid when scanned and that that SM will not be accountable for resold and cancelled tickets.

That's the problem ultimately, the only people who win are the touts. I am not aware of any organisation that sells tickets for popular events that doesn't have some sort of problem. You either need really extensive measures in place to stop it as much as possible initially, like building ID into the tickets which would be expensive or you need massive logistics to have time for thorough checks before the show opens everyday. Both are time consuming and potentially expensive.

Showmasters events have become very popular so unfortunately this was bound to happen at some point. It spoils it for the people who generally want to go to but can't because all the tickets have sold out. Been in this position before when I try to purchase good tickets for gigs and they have all gone and in no time at all they are being sold on eBay etc! I have refused to buy them out of principle because of the crazy prices they are asking for them. Hope Showmasters can find a way round this so it doesn't happen again at future events.

• Like 1

you made yr money sod em, could also be a person that has had a person cancel and they don't want to see anyone else and as you wont give refunds they have put it up for sale.

no matter what you do ppl out there will find a way round it. if they want to try make money let them, you made yrs you got yr rules in place. ticket touts have been around since the 40s and theres not a company in the world that has stopped them.

I like the idea of checking ID while in the queue, stamping your hand once it has been checked. :smile:

I haven't got a passport or any other form of photo ID

What do we need to have on us in case we are spot checked? I'll have my credit card and passport, is that enough to verify?

Yes.

Is that set in stone ? the spot checks I mean ? if so I will have to bring some form of ID which I'm not happy about doing

Seeing Jason said it would happen in the first post: Yes.

what happens re: I.D if the ticket was bought as a gift, and the gift buyer isn't in attendance?

I haven't got a passport or any other form of photo ID

We've recommended before that in the case the buyer is not at the show to bring a note signed by the buyer along. With the spot checks I can only recommend that again.

If you don't have a passport or photo ID bring another form of ID and the card the ticket was bought with.