A thought about ticket selling

If you advertised your e ticket on ebay are you effectively not showing you e ticket barcode to millions of ebay users who could, in theory, take a screenshot etc of the bar code and use that for themselves?

I'm not doing this because I'm not an idiot but surely the sellers a bit of an idiot!

It is way more effective to send the auction link to either SM or one of the mods so we can take care of it. Warning a seller that he has done something stupid with a general post on a public forum will just make them realize and change things. ;)

• Like 1

Am i missing something here? why can't someone sell their ticket if they want to? SM won't lose anything by it. Thinking about though it does stop scammers which will become a problem now the show sells out.

Edited by cropsy2008

Whether people agree with the reasons for it or not it's against the terms and conditions that people agreed to when they bought their tickets. They are effectively breaching their contract with SM.

• Like 2

Am i missing something here? why can't someone sell their ticket if they want to? SM won't lose anything by it. Thinking about though it does stop scammers which will become a problem now the show sells out.

Put it this way... Next year SM Announce the Show will be all tickets only, They go on sale at 0900hrs on date... So you log on to buy your usual Ticket, only to find you can't get on.. The computer is on melt down. Finally after hours of trying you get on to buy your ticket only to find out they have sold out... But don't worry look on Ebay as someone else has bought 50 tickets. Yes SM has made their money, but now you will have to pay £80+ for your ticket.. Hmm not fair now is it? How about the ticket you have been sent the Bar code is one of two and the first person has already gone through. SM crew will stop you and say, This ticket has already been used? There are so many things you can add to this....

The only way I can see this working is SM to take over the Selling or Reused tickets maybe they ask for a fee up front etc.. There must be a way for them to do this.. Resell at face value.... How many times have you wanted to go to a Concert? Football match and couldn't get tickets but to buy them through another Agent you paid way over the odds.... Many people who post on here regarding the selling re complaining about the Prices... SM is getting Bigger every year, Bigger guests and people are latching onto this and making lots of money at your expense, this needs a eye kept on it and SM should be told if items like tickets are being sold... otherwise in a few years times you will be paying £80 - £100 just to get through the door... Then pop back on here and say Where did it go wrong? Support SM and keep these events ours and not the money makers out to get you..... :no:

• Like 7