warning only around x 100 Sunday tickets left :-0

• Showmasters Admin

ok that was quick today , there is now only around x 100 Sunday tickets left so if you are planning to attend Sunday you will need to get them in the next few hours or they will be gone and that will be the last of them for sale.

Jason

• Like 2

I hope they haven't done anything silly and over sold the event thinking people will turn up in dribs and drabs. Can SM confirm that they've only sold the number of tickets of Olympia capacity? With all the people begging for tickets what will you be doing to stop people getting in with fakes?

Prepare for the "I'm looking for a ticket for Sunday" posts.

Or the person who was going to buy 101 and is now disappointed they weren't given enough notice....
I'm quite amazed at how many people in the FB group have tickets but can't go!

Therefore, I don't think we will ever reach full capacity even though the event is nearly sold out!

Many people buy tickets months, sometimes over half a year in advance, just to avoid missing out. Unfortunately life gives many reasons within those few months why people won't be able to attend after all, so I can't say I'm surprised really

Many people buy tickets months, sometimes over half a year in advance, just to avoid missing out. Unfortunately life gives many reasons within those few months why people won't be able to attend after all, so I can't say I'm surprised really

Its allways like that. Things come up and stuff happens. Very natural.

I hope they haven't done anything silly and over sold the event thinking people will turn up in dribs and drabs. Can SM confirm that they've only sold the number of tickets of Olympia capacity? With all the people begging for tickets what will you be doing to stop people getting in with fakes?

Attendance figures won't be given to us. They won't have sold more than they can have legally in the venue.

SM have confirmed a number of times that there's been a ticket cap set. The ticket cap was set to a number that ensured everyone would get in.

I'm not going to comment on stopping fakes. For one I don't know. But if anything would be confirmed here any person thinking of faking a ticket would get enough warning to try and get around that.

SM have confirmed a number of times that there's been a ticket cap set. The ticket cap was set to a number that ensured everyone would get in.

I'm not going to comment on stopping fakes. For one I don't know. But if anything would be confirmed here any person thinking of faking a ticket would get enough warning to try and get around that.

Eventbrite provides a unique QR image that can only be scanned once. So any fakes will nullify other tickets using the same image.

• Like 2

On a side note, I can kiss goodbye to a quiet Sunday. But in my view, the experience is enhanced if the venue IS busy. Sounds stupid, but, think about it, do you REALLY want to go to an event that's half empty?

Nope, I would rather the event be buzzing with the sounds of nerd-joy than having tumbleweeds rolling across the con floor. Plus, more opportunity to meet other like-minded fans if there are more people there!

• Like 1

On a side note, I can kiss goodbye to a quiet Sunday. But in my view, the experience is enhanced if the venue IS busy. Sounds stupid, but, think about it, do you REALLY want to go to an event that's half empty?

Nope, I would rather the event be buzzing with the sounds of nerd-joy than having tumbleweeds rolling across the con floor. Plus, more opportunity to meet other like-minded fans if there are more people there!

I have to agree with Pen here... Its nice when a venue is busy, but not when you litterly have to force yourself through a crowd in order to be able to get somewhere... But I dont think the hall will be split in two this year so last years pain of going back and forth between halls will propably make it much easier to move around.

• Like 2

Totally agree.

There's nothing worse than seeing empty spaces and guests just sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

This is a new era for London Film and Comic Con.

• Like 3

Prepare for the "I'm looking for a ticket for Sunday" posts.

Or the "Why didn't you notify me sooner? I get paid by the end of the week and I was saving up to buy one."

Well they have notified us so there should be no arguments. This was something that wasn't done when Saturday sold out, so please don't post such cheeky digs ;)