Southern Trains Strike 12th-17th July

My train is a Southeastern one from Tunbridge Wells to Charing Cross. I've checked to see if this strike will affect my journey but nothing comes up. Do you think ill be ok?

I think you should be okay getting to London, since Southeastern are different rail company.

• Like 1

My train is a Southeastern one from Tunbridge Wells to Charing Cross. I've checked to see if this strike will affect my journey but nothing comes up. Do you think ill be ok?

I think you should be okay getting to London, since Southeastern are different rail company.

Cheers dude. Southern, Southeastern, Confused.com! :)

According to today's South Today 18:00 news broadcast this strike is more likely going to go ahead.

Shouldn't affect be as I'm using South West Trains for the journey to London (up to Clapham Junction and then London Overground to West Brompton), the only Southern train I will be using is in the way home.

Just thought others would like to know :D

Thank you very much for this.

I'm doing the same route as you as I'm a few stops down in Sevenoaks. It depends on what route you take as to whether or not you will be affected. If you go into Waterloo East then across to Waterloo and down to Clapham Junction then to Olympia, then the first part of the journey is Southeastern, but the rest is Southern so they will not be running on the Friday.

If you plan on going into London then on the Tube, then be aware that the Circle and District lines will not be running on Sat/Sun. I'm probably going to be doing the tube on Friday and then the overground/Clapham Junction route on Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 1

According to today's South Today 18:00 news broadcast this strike is more likely going to go ahead.

Shouldn't affect be as I'm using South West Trains for the journey to London (up to Clapham Junction and then London Overground to West Brompton), the only Southern train I will be using is in the way home.

Just thought others would like to know :D

Thank you very much for this.

I'm doing the same route as you as I'm a few stops down in Sevenoaks. It depends on what route you take as to whether or not you will be affected. If you go into Waterloo East then across to Waterloo and down to Clapham Junction then to Olympia, then the first part of the journey is Southeastern, but the rest is Southern so they will not be running on the Friday.

If you plan on going into London then on the Tube, then be aware that the Circle and District lines will not be running on Sat/Sun. I'm probably going to be doing the tube on Friday and then the overground/Clapham Junction route on Saturday and Sunday.

Cheers dude.

Ill be getting off at Charing Cross on the Friday and walking to Leicester Square to take the Piccadilly Line to Barron's Court and then walk to Olympia from there :)

• Like 1

Of course between intentions and results lies the gulf of reality!

We all know that can be a bitch to get across...

I say plan for the worse and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get there on time.

Edited by Zahariel

What gets my goat is they'll inevitably get everything they're after because the strike will impact profits. If NHS staff strike because of sub standard pay or no below inflation raises over a 4 to 5 year period we get nothing... Even get hate mail for it...

But that's a discussion for another time. Let's all be thankful for what we have and enjoy a smooth journey to the best con' of the year.