Tonights Announcement update

And this is another reason why announcements should only be made once everything is finalised and why the hyping up of them can backfire. Just finalise the deal and then make the announcement, don't say there will be an announcement hoping that it will all be done in time.

• Like 9

I actually agree with notice being given. as it means people have a chance to plan otherwise might sell out before people even know about it.

That could be countered by the tickets being released at a set time after the announcement so everyone would have a chance to get them. Would lessen disappointment and prevent forum crashes etc.

I actually agree with notice being given. as it means people have a chance to plan otherwise might sell out before people even know about it.

i think that they should give notice but do the "ANNOUNCEMENT IS COMING" thread AFTER they've got everything finalized. dotted the i's crossed the t's etc etc. we still get the build up and theres no risk of it going spam up before the announcement

And this is another reason why announcements should only be made once everything is finalised and why the hyping up of them can backfire. Just finalise the deal and then make the announcement, don't say there will be an announcement hoping that it will all be done in time.

Completely agree. Showmasters don't do that with guest announcements and will only announce a guest when the contract is finalised, I'm not sure why the same thought process wasn't put into this announcement.

This, this and THIS!!....why not get the deal finalised, THEN post...or if you have to give everyone a warning that something big will becoming up do it quickly to the announcement going up so we don't get this tedious guessing game for days....

For me it doesn't actually seem very professional but rather childish and schoolyard behaviour - "I got a secret that you don't know" sort of stuff....puts me off coming back to the forum after an announcement like this is made ....ymmv but that's my humble opinion... :closedeyes:

• Like 2

i think that they should give notice but do the "ANNOUNCEMENT IS COMING" thread AFTER they've got everything finalized. dotted the i's crossed the t's etc etc. we still get the build up and theres no risk of it going spam up before the announcement

That's a really good idea josh.

Ya they might. But they will still be sold to people Who wants it. Just not me and you if we miss out. Like someone else might miss out cause we got tickets.

The only time a thing is a problem is when don't sell out cause people doesn't keep themselves updated and miss out that way.

The thing with these type of announcements is that the guys running the events are just as excited as we are and they sometimes, just like we do, get a little over excited. They don't intentionally not announce something or do it in a nasty way. They just don't want to say something is happening only for it to fall through.

The guys running the events are fans of these people too and that's why SM events are as amazing as they are.

• Like 2

I want it to be Stargate related!! They've already got RDA and both Amanda Tapping and David Hewlett are in the UK right now!!

Please let it be Stargate!! I've not spent anywhere near enough money yet...HAHA

Edited by twiga
  • Like 6

I want it to be Stargate related!! They've already got RDA and both Amanda Tapping and David Hewlett are in the UK right now!!

Please let it be Stargate!! I've not spent anywhere near enough money yet...HAHA

I would die if I saw RDA and Amanda Tapping in the same room together.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Its better to have something to look forward than not , we do not do this on purpose , there are lots of rules and people that are involved in working with film and tv companies and they all have to agree before we go live , we had the go ahead and then at the last moment we were told that one party was not informed about all we had planned so it had to go back to them to be signed off.

So nothing band it just takes a little more time thats all.

These things happen

As soon as we can we will let you all know

Jason

• Like 1