Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

I purchased my gold pass for Sigourney Weaver. I want an autograph and honestly could not afford the Diamond Pass.

So I went with the next best option. A Gold Pass at £225. I understand it wouldn't have the perks of the Diamond Pass but surely it should hold a priority over someone who paid £18??

If this is the case something has been greatly overlooked.

I now feel that I may not get a chance for an autograph and am £200 short.

Sounds like you are in the same boat as me, I'm just going to get there early as possible, get a VQ ticket and keep my fingers crossed
  • Like 2

How long will gold pass holders have to collect VQ tickets for diamond guests before regular attendees are allowed in? Especially as there's several diamond guests that gold pass holders may want to get a vq for. I understand diamond should get priority but gold pass holders are paying £225 for the convenience of not having to get there really early so they should get access directly after diamond. Maybe if gold passes were numbered in batches like photo tickets they could be called in this order e.g. Diamond pass batch one, gold pass 1-50. Alternatively,if gold passes are not going to get any priority for diamond guests maybe SM could consider selling a limited amount of pre-paid autographs for diamond guests for attendees who don't want or can't afford the whole diamond package. Maybe a small number like 100-200 per day for each diamond guest. I understand selling a larger amount could cause problems but a small amount would be easier to manage.

• Like 3

My thoughts exactly. making to me the gold pass pointless to me, esp if you want to get autos from those guests but cant get the diamonds for each one. so the people who buy diamonds have priority for the diamond guests which is fine but then golds get put on the same level as regulars without gold passes, no offense btw but the whole point of golds was to avoid VQT, thats what we pay the £200+ for.

No offense to the other guests but alot of them would be very likely easier to get over the weekend without a gold pass, so i bought a gold pass to increase my chance of getting to see the bigger guests, now im back to square 1 and 200 quid less.

Goldpasses : "Autographs with Diamond pass guests: You’ll require a virtual queue ticket."

Heu... !? Seriously !?
I have a goldpass and i need a VQ to meet sigourney weaver and bill paxton and michael gambon ?

One of the main selling points for gold passes is about not having to arrive early, we can come whenever because we can just join any queue. But now we're going to have to come early anyway, thus cancelling out one of the main features of a gold pass. A tad annoying because they are a lot of money...

One of the main selling points for gold passes is about not having to arrive early, we can come whenever because we can just join any queue. But now we're going to have to come early anyway, thus cancelling out one of the main features of a gold pass. A tad annoying because they are a lot of money...

Indeed, we ask a millions times on the forum if we can directly to the lines of the guests, and now, we need a vq ticket

So we pay £200+ for a gold pass but have no benefit whatsoever when it comes to wanting an autograph from a diamond pass guest? Am I correct in thinking this?

We have no advantage over regular attendees? Seems a little harsh.

Then they should give us extra freebies as this is a joke. I won't be buying a gold next time if there gonna rip people off like this.

Goldpasses : "Autographs with Diamond pass guests: You’ll require a virtual queue ticket."

Heu... !? Seriously !?
I have a goldpass and i need a VQ to meet sigourney weaver and bill paxton and michael gambon ?

• Like 2

Is it not the case that those people with a gold pass get to enter the show before everyone else. Once in before everyone else you have the opportunity to get a virtual ticket and that is a major advantage. Is it really that difficult to get to Olympia before 9.00am on the weekend. Personally I would have had no problem getting there for 6.00 am.

I have already bought a diamond pass for Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd as I knew this was the only way to guarantee an autograph. Its my intention to meet and get autographs from all of the BTTF cast and if I had a standard entry ticket then there would be no guarantee that I would be able to do this. What concerned me was that even if I got there at 6.00am then the gold pass holders would get in before me and the opportunity to meet these guests could potentially be missed. I have bought a gold pass and this just about guarantees that I will be able to meet and get autographs from everyone that I want to.

If I had the chance to get all the autographs that I wanted, but failed to get a gold pass and therefore missed out then that would be very disappointing.

Just think about this. Diamond pass holders are guaranteed an autograph. Gold pass holders have the first opportunity to get a virtual ticket. If you had a standard ticket then given that Saturday has sold out and Sunday is going the same way then by the time you get inside and go to the tables you may not get a virtual ticket and therefore no autograph.

Personally I think the gold passes offer a good opportunity.

• Like 4

As i have said from he start Dimond pass guests these Dimond pass guests are not part of the gold pass access as i have started from the start all along so there really is no need for people to get upset as this has need said before.

I will also say that the Dimond Passes are the people that are making these guests posable and as such these are the only ones that are guaranteed to get everything they have bought in there package so its fair and works to make this guests posable and the value of these Dimond passes include this Guaranteed statues.

i am also seeing people now saying that the gold passes are not work the money, i would say that this year we have around 140 guests compared to last years 110 so the help in access that the gold pass provides is still great value and will help you all get around to meet the guests much faster than not having one and all the other element of the gold pass dose still give great value for money, the fact you get in early also means you get the advantage or getting a VQ ticket before the general public are able to also has great value.

Once again i hope that helps to explain to everyone how this works.

Jason

Getting a VQ ticket before the crowd is hardly extra value to me...The fact to not having to worry about those VQ tickets at all is what gives the value. Also, your named value will only materialize IF the VQ tickets are actually being distributed the moment the doors open, not 5 minutes after opening time for example...From the start it was said diamond guests MAY be excluded, not ARE excluded, which is probably the reason why all this confusion started and got worse because when asked for clarification the mods didn't know and only now we got some from you.

I'm not paying for a gold pass for you to bring in more guests, which I still need to pay seperate for to get a shoot or auto from. That is your benefit, not really mine, I'm paying for a gold pass to get easy access, no long queueing and not running around for VQ tickets and keeping track of when I can join a queue or not among other reasons. If you take this away, even ever so slightly, people feel they get less value and rightly so. Personally I'm not interested in the current line up of diamond guests, so it doesn't really bother me, but I can understand everyone else with a gold pass who is interested in these guests very well.

Edited by Vhiper
  • Like 4

I was looking at getting there for around 8ish and thats with a gold pass but im not sure now we know we must have vqts. but id agree about getting in first so get a better chance at getting the tickets, IF i leave saturday with all the autographs i want then alls fine.

Is it not the case that those people with a gold pass get to enter the show before everyone else. Once in before everyone else you have the opportunity to get a virtual ticket and that is a major advantage. Is it really that difficult to get to Olympia before 9.00am on the weekend. Personally I would have had no problem getting there for 6.00 am.

I have already bought a diamond pass for Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd as I knew this was the only way to guarantee an autograph. Its my intention to meet and get autographs from all of the BTTF cast and if I had a standard entry ticket then there would be no guarantee that I would be able to do this. What concerned me was that even if I got there at 6.00am then the gold pass holders would get in before me and the opportunity to meet these guests could potentially be missed. I have bought a gold pass and this just about guarantees that I will be able to meet and get autographs from everyone that I want to.

If I had the chance to get all the autographs that I wanted, but failed to get a gold pass and therefore missed out then that would be very disappointing.

Just think about this. Diamond pass holders are guaranteed an autograph. Gold pass holders have the first opportunity to get a virtual ticket. If you had a standard ticket then given that Saturday has sold out and Sunday is going the same way then by the time you get inside and go to the tables you may not get a virtual ticket and therefore no autograph.

Personally I think the gold passes offer a good opportunity.

My only feedback would be to be more selective with the type of guests you put on diamond passes. Englund & Lloyd have been to many events before and it does seem a bit silly to me for gold passes to need VQ's for them now.

Weaver, Fox and Gambon is totally fair enough these are big rare legends.

But overall, I like these diamond packages. I have the Sigourney Weaver one and can't wait :D

• Like 4

I'm an up early evey day anyway (4am- work 5am)- so I might as well get up early on my holiday now for gold queue - was going to go around 8.30 now I'll go after a jog & shower around 7.30 now.

might be over kill but at least can try and make some new friends in the queue's- there's always silver linings

Don't stress over what can't be changed and just enjoy your day out - I can't wait for it - sigourney been my number 1 sci-fi actress since 1979 and thanks to SM a lot of us will finally get to meet her.

• Like 6

To be fair - I've got two diamond passes and if gold pass members could turn up and just walking in before me I would be slightly annoyed. I've paid a huge amount of money so that I can be guaranteed an autograph from Michael Gambon and not worry about virtual tickets; if he even goes into them - he is only there for one day).

• Like 1

To be fair - I've got two diamond passes and if gold pass members could turn up and just walking in before me I would be slightly annoyed. I've paid a huge amount of money so that I can be guaranteed an autograph from Michael Gambon and not worry about virtual tickets; if he even goes into them - he is only there for one day).

No gold pass holder is asking to go ahead of a diamond pass holder, just asking not to have to bother with a VQ and join the line AFTER diamond passes, just like at photo shoots ;)

Edited by Vhiper
  • Like 8

No gold pass holder is asking to go ahead of a diamond pass holder, just asking not to have to bother with a VQ and join the line AFTER diamond passes, just like at photo shoots ;)

I just meant that you couldn't tell when all the diamond passes are gone. Are they going by tally of how many are sold - I'm just thinking how a virtual ticket system will even work on these diamond guest.

The photo shoots work so well - as does the system for VQ for normal guest - for both regular and gold passes

The issue I have with all this is that it could have been clarified a lot sooner not 2 weeks before the event. People have bought gold passes wether you admit it or not because they were led to believe it would help.

Personally I already had a gold pass from the start so makes no difference to me but again I'm not after priority ahead of the diamond passes they have paid a lot of money for them and deserve to go infront of us but that works the same as gold with regular tickets we paid £200 more surely that should allow priority over them. Also I keep hearing this 'the only way to be guaranteed an autograph' phrase being bandied about, I know this and I would have been willing to take that chance with the gold pass.

Oh well it is what it is now... Hopefully I still manage to get the ones I want.

Edited by only_jay
  • Like 2

Diamond passes only give you priority with those specific guests. Unless you also have a gold ticket you only have the dame priority as the day ticket holders. You will have to be in the regular entry queue and get VQ tickets for the other guests the same as everyone else.

• Like 1

If gold passes were guaranteed an autograph would this not devalue the diamond passes which are necessary to raise the funds to get the guests there in the first place. There are just 6 diamond guests and for MJF his autograph is exclusive to diamond pass holders. Are people who now have bought gold passes going just to get autographs from the 5 remaining diamond guests because I would have thought that they would be there to see others and get photographs which a gold pass will make things so much easier. Without a gold pass I am sure that you would get a lot less done.

• Like 2

As i have said from he start Dimond pass guests these Dimond pass guests are not part of the gold pass access as i have started from the start all along so there really is no need for people to get upset as this has need said before.

I will also say that the Dimond Passes are the people that are making these guests posable and as such these are the only ones that are guaranteed to get everything they have bought in there package so its fair and works to make this guests posable and the value of these Dimond passes include this Guaranteed statues.

i am also seeing people now saying that the gold passes are not work the money, i would say that this year we have around 140 guests compared to last years 110 so the help in access that the gold pass provides is still great value and will help you all get around to meet the guests much faster than not having one and all the other element of the gold pass dose still give great value for money, the fact you get in early also means you get the advantage or getting a VQ ticket before the general public are able to also has great value.

Once again i hope that helps to explain to everyone how this works.

Jason

Getting a VQ ticket before the crowd is hardly extra value to me...The fact to not having to worry about those VQ tickets at all is what gives the value. Also, your named value will only materialize IF the VQ tickets are actually being distributed the moment the doors open, not 5 minutes after opening time for example...From the start it was said diamond guests MAY be excluded, not ARE excluded, which is probably the reason why all this confusion started and got worse because when asked for clarification the mods didn't know and only now we got some from you.

I'm not paying for a gold pass for you to bring in more guests, which I still need to pay seperate for to get a shoot or auto from. That is your benefit, not really mine, I'm paying for a gold pass to get easy access, no long queueing and not running around for VQ tickets and keeping track of when I can join a queue or not among other reasons. If you take this away, even ever so slightly, people feel they get less value and rightly so. Personally I'm not interested in the current line up of diamond guests, so it doesn't really bother me, but I can understand everyone else with a gold pass who is interested in these guests very well.

Cant see how it is worth it anymore

• Like 1

I just meant that you couldn't tell when all the diamond passes are gone. Are they going by tally of how many are sold - I'm just thinking how a virtual ticket system will even work on these diamond guest.

The photo shoots work so well - as does the system for VQ for normal guest - for both regular and gold passes

Anyone with a diamond pass can just join the front of any queue for that diamond guest, so even if you'd turn up late, you can just walk to the front of the queue and get in before the non-diamond pass holders. That would not change whether or not you force gold pass holders to get a VQ ticket or not.

• Like 1

As a gold pass holder, I don't mind having to get a VQ ticket as we have the early access, however it does feel fairly pointless. As we are let in first and will have low VQ numbers, how is that any different than if we just had normal priority over regular entry? You may as well not bother and let us have our lie in!

In fact, thinking about it. Doing things this way works out worse for the regular ticket holders. Once all the Diamonds are done then the queue will be mainly full of gold pass holders with low VQs. Regular holders will be pushed back to later in the day and have less chance. With golds having priority, they will spread out more across the weekend, giving regulars a better chance as at least the regulars with the low numbers will be able to queue at the same time as golds.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 9

Anyone with a diamond pass can just join the front of any queue for that diamond guest, so even if you'd turn up late, you can just walk to the front of the queue and get in before the non-diamond pass holders. That would not change whether or not you force gold pass holders to get a VQ ticket or not.

Thanks for the info - though I would still feel very strange about it - going to the front of a queue of waiting people :S

As a gold pass holder, I don't mind having to get a VQ ticket as we have the early access, however it does feel fairly pointless. As we are let in first and will have low VQ numbers, how is that any different than if we just had normal priority over regular entry? You may as well not bother and let us have our lie in!

IF the person giving the VQ tickets is ready to distibute the moment you get in....If that person is still busy setting up, tying their hair or whatever, the regular entry ticketholders will be joing the line as well and you can only get one VQ at a time, so by the time you get 1 VQ ticket for a diamond guest, the line for any other diamond guests you might also want, will be swamped. As I said, hardly any value in that....nor a quiet and relaxed way to enjoy a con, which is what I want with a gold pass....

• Like 3