Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

Is there any chance that you are going to hand out the VQ tickets for the Diamond guests near the doors when they are opened? Last year at LFCC it was quite a distance between the entrance and the place where you could get the VQ tickets... and first you will have to find that way. I remember the last time I was at a SM event at Olympia you had to get up some stairs to the first floor and then to be lucky to find the right place to turn to, as there were guests on both sides of the hall. And a Gold Pass won't help you if you can't move fast (never mind run)... and as soon as the last Gold Pass was in, everybody else was allowed in.

• Moderators

Is there any chance that you are going to hand out the VQ tickets for the Diamond guests near the doors when they are opened? Last year at LFCC it was quite a distance between the entrance and the place where you could get the VQ tickets... and first you will have to find that way. I remember the last time I was at a SM event at Olympia you had to get up some stairs to the first floor and then to be lucky to find the right place to turn to, as there were guests on both sides of the hall. And a Gold Pass won't help you if you can't move fast (never mind run)... and as soon as the last Gold Pass was in, everybody else was allowed in.

Jason has already stated VQ tickets will not be handed out anywhere other than at the signing areas as normal.

Jason has said that this won't happen and VQ tickets will be handed out by the guest's queue as usual.

It all depends on how many diamond guests you want, how organised you and Showmasters are on the day etc. As others have said, golds get a little bit of a head start going in so chances are you may be okay. im only looking for weaver and paxton myself so im hoping i can get those 2 without any major issues in the 10 or so minutes we have infront of normal entry. im just gonna make sure im there in line ready to go in

I don't have a Gold Pass but I do think it's not nice of Showmasters to suddenly change the terms for the Gold Pass just for these guests. I have a Diamond Pass for Sigourney Weaver and I bought it knowing full well that it would give me the same queue-jumping rights as those with a Gold Pass; I wasn't expecting anything better from it, just that. I don't see why that has to change now.

It was always known that Diamond Pass holders will take priority over Gold.

They never said that Gold Passes guaranteed you to get an autograph.

The only thing that has been newly clarified is that Gold passes have the same priority as normal entry ticket holders - i.e VT tickets.

Oh there never was or is an guarantee to get an autograph with a Gold Pass, but I always hoped that I would have a better chance than with a standard ticket. Didn't work out for me last year... and I just see my chances go down for this year too...

I'm only looking for Sigourney I plan to be there at 8 ish so it looks like in following you tea belly lol

• Like 1

Oui, I arrive somewhere between 8 or 8.30 am on saturday, get my pass while waiting, that should be early enough, have maybe some chats in the q etc :)
I don't think or hope that there are so many with Gold, but meh I never sleep long, and with the time change for us continentals , I will wake up even earlier :P, so I arrive at 8, 8.30.

Edited by timlux
  • Like 1

In regards to the free £10 photoshoot in with the Gold pass, I already purchased one photo with Gemma Whelan, could I use my pass to get a second pic with her? :)

If you go in the Sunday session, yes.

It seems lot of you "Goldpass holder" will come at 8am ?

Is there so much GOLDPASS that we must get early ?

Some people like to be there early. I've seen Gold Pass holders being there at 7 in the last years.

• Like 1

I think that people just cant help being there early, you could tell them they'd be only 10 gold pas and that they'd be let in an hour before everyone else and they still would come early.

• Like 1

One thing which will have an impact as well which I've not seen much comment on(all be it there are a lot of pages so I may have missed it), is I am sure that many Gold Pass holders like myself have got one or more diamond passes as well, so there is effectively a double up.

So it is not as though all 500 Gold Pass holders will want a Sigourney VQ ticket, as a number of them will have a Sigourney Diamond Pass as well and also some just won't want to get her auto. So whilst a fair few gold pass holders are likely to go for VQ tickets it is not going to be the whole 500.

I'm not 100% clear yet on some of the bits, but hopefully when the schedule becomes clear it will make more sense.

Just in terms of ensuring I have got it correct with a few questions.

1. We will get two auto vouchers and two photoshoot vouchers which we can use on either Friday or Sunday for £10 guests.

2. We need to purchase a talk ticket for any diamond guest, but when we go into the talk we will sit behind the diamond ticket holders. (e.g. I have a MJF Talk Ticket for the Saturday)

3. We can attend as part of the gold pass any other non diamond guest talk(paid or unpaid) where we will be seated in the front section

4. For Diamond guests (MJF aside) we need to pick up a VQ ticket on entry for a chance to get autographs with Sigourney, Michael, Bill etc (Is there any limit to how many autos we can get, other than our budget ?) Is it the normal up to five ? And we can join the auto queue after diamond pass holders have got their tickets, so the board would say Diamond Only, then change to 1 to 25 etc as normal ?

5. We can join the back of any other guests auto queue without a VQ ticket during the weekend (e.g. Richard Dean Anderson, Catherine Tate, Neve Campbell etc).

6. For all other non diamond photoshoots we go in first, no matter what batch ticket number we have.

Does that sound about right QS ?

Edited by GoldenGreen
  • Like 3

I think that people just cant help being there early, you could tell them they'd be only 10 gold pas and that they'd be let in an hour before everyone else and they still would come early.

Ya some would. :smile: Two years ago (then I think there was only 150 - 200 passes) Then I came perhaps 8.50 - 8.55. I think I had 50-100 persons before me then. But I think that with the diamond guests this year Id reckon most likely a good time to come is between 8.00 - 8.30 perhaps :)

One thing which will have an impact as well which I've not seen much comment on(all be it there are a lot of pages so I may have missed it), is I am sure that many Gold Pass holders like myself have got one or more diamond passes as well, so there is effectively a double up.

So it is not as though all 500 Gold Pass holders will want a Sigourney VQ ticket, as a number of them will have a Sigourney Diamond Pass as well and also some just won't want to get her auto. So whilst a fair few gold pass holders are likely to go for VQ tickets it is not going to be the whole 500.

I'm not 100% clear yet on some of the bits, but hopefully when the schedule becomes clear it will make more sense.

1. We will get two auto vouchers and two photoshoot vouchers which we can use on either Friday or Sunday for £10 guests.

2. We need to purchase a talk ticket for any diamond guest, but when we go into the talk we will sit behind the diamond ticket holders. (e.g. I have a MJF Talk Ticket for the Saturday)

3. We can attend as part of the gold pass any other non diamond guest talk(paid or unpaid) where we will be seated in the front section

4. For Diamond guests (MJF aside) we need to pick up a VQ ticket on entry for a chance to get autographs with Sigourney, Michael, Bill etc (Is there any limit to how many autos we can get, other than our budget ?) Is it the normal up to five ? And we can join the auto queue after diamond pass holders have got their tickets, so the board would say Diamond Only, then change to 1 to 25 etc as normal ?

5. We can join the back of any other guests auto queue without a VQ ticket during the weekend (e.g. Richard Dean Anderson, Catherine Tate, Neve Campbell etc).

6. For all other non diamond photoshoots we go in first, no matter what batch ticket number we have.

I am seriously losing track of how many times we've now confirmed things, and those questions are no exception. :lol:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. For all talks announced so far: yes. As stated in the Gold Pass description in the store they may be exceptions to that, so I can't fully answer that "yes".

4. Yes and usual limit on autographs. What you describe is the plan as outlined to me for queueing.

5. Any non Diamond guest, yes.

6. Yes.

• Like 1

I am seriously losing track of how many times we've now confirmed things, and those questions are no exception. :lol:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. For all talks announced so far: yes. As stated in the Gold Pass description in the store they may be exceptions to that, so I can't fully answer that "yes".

4. Yes and usual limit on autographs. What you describe is the plan as outlined to me for queueing.

5. Any non Diamond guest, yes.

6. Yes.

Thanks. You are doing a great job. :-)

Well not every gold is gonna be there at 8am, ive know people who have gold that dont go until 8.30-8.45 so dont panic too much. i just said 8o clock because of the time it will take me to get from my hotel to the venue thats all.

Well not every gold is gonna be there at 8am, ive know people who have gold that dont go until 8.30-8.45 so dont panic too much. i just said 8o clock because of the time it will take me to get from my hotel to the venue thats all.

I should think a lot of gold pass holders will be there to register on Friday as well. I'm there all weekend so will register then which will take some of the impact off in terms of golds trying to register on the Saturday morning.

• Like 1

Thats something I never thought of. I don't have a single Diamond Pass, but Its nice to see that there are many Gold Pass holders that does :smile: Better chances for me getting a VQT then :)

• Like 2

Sounds about right to me about your list of questions mate. From all the posts i think thats pretty much how it will work, apart from the amount of autos your allowed in 1 go from a diamond guest, might have to recheck that. ill only be able to afford 1 off each anyway so im not fussed. Does sound like it could work that way too about the autographs..i.e. on the board it saying diamonds first then vqt 1-50 etc..

but regarding your first point, thats a very good thing to bring up, as im sure alot...myself included may have panicked knowing golds now need a vqt for the diamond guests, but we didnt even think of those golds who wont be getting the diamond guests, or different ones. ive read posts about people having golds who have said the headline guests dont interest them and this seems to have been over looked by myself and others, which is good once you realise it. Also, those who have diamonds AND golds, they wont be rushing to get vqts either unless theres ones they want if they onlygot diamond for 1 or 2 and want the others without diamond etc. so i think personally myself im getting worked up and worried for nothing, i think if im organised, and us golds get in at a good time then id say we should be okay to get a vqt. i really want weaver and paxton so ill be thrilled if i get them both sat or sunday.

Yes me too, im going friday also so ill get my gold pass then, which as you say may hopefully make getting in saturday morning a bit more smoother :)

I should think a lot of gold pass holders will be there to register on Friday as well. I'm there all weekend so will register then which will take some of the impact off in terms of golds trying to register on the Saturday morning.

Yeah its also something i never really thought about, but reading comments and speaking to people i know going they have golds AND diamond passes for weaver, gambon etc...so effectivly those folks wont need to rush for vqt which is good.

Thats something I never thought of. I don't have a single Diamond Pass, but Its nice to see that there are many Gold Pass holders that does :smile: Better chances for me getting a VQT then :)

Yes me too, im going friday also so ill get my gold pass then, which as you say may hopefully make getting in saturday morning a bit more smoother :)

If they hand out the passes in the queue again like they did last year, then registering shouldn't affect anyone.
  • Like 1

If they hand out the passes in the queue again like they did last year, then registering shouldn't affect anyone.

That will be good, lets hope that is the plan. Did you pick up the goody bag from the information desk last year ?

That will be good, lets hope that is the plan. Did you pick up the goody bag from the information desk last year ?
Yes, but that is something you can collect later in the day when they're not busy. Unless that's how you collect the auto and photo vouchers as well, but I'm hoping they'll do those in the queue too.

That is the plan. Also confirmed a couple of times already. ;)

• Like 1