Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

Thanks for clearing this up jason and thank you for all the great guests. I'm a gold pass holder and I new it didn't guarantee me some of these guest an auto but I new it would make it easier and if you ask me 10 mins in early will do that, my only question is will you realise we're these big 4 guest will be located before hand so it's not a mad dash so to speak? I'm guessing not all people will want all 4 and may u just one or two so would be nice to know which direction to go.

I only ask because I do r remember the floor plan from last year listing specific areas for the big guests etc.

• Like 1

Is there like several queues for the talks, one for the diamond passes, one for the gold and one for the others? I mean if they all go in in that order I'm assuming there's serveral queues right?

Anyone?(Sorry for quoting myself but I didnt want to double post).

thanks

Your answer is in the FAQ topic already. I am not aware of separate lines, but please check on the day as this may change.

Also I wasn't just talking about diamonds talks but all of them.

thanks

In Diamond pass talks there will be a reserved area at the front.

After Diamond is in Gold Passes will be seated. Once the Gold Passes are in that area is considered the Gold Seating area.

Then the remaining tickets will enter in batch order.

So basically everyone queues in the same line and when it's time to let people in they just call out people?

Edited by celine

This is my opinion. i understand people who have bought the diamonds get super priority, thats fine and dandy as they payed for it, much like golds pay for the priority of no vqt...so why do these guests outside the diamond passes require vqt when golds have paid the 2nd best option to get in earlier in order to get in line, id be super cheesed if i didnt get to meet either weaver or paxton WITH a gold and a handful without golds did! what did i pay the 200 plus quid for is what id be asking. that way people who pay the gold pass and diamond pass dont loose out, then the regulars who require vqt would just be as normal like it has been in the past.

Fair enough....

But.....

If Gold pass holders require VQ tickets then once the doors are opened each day they simply MUST be allowed in and sorted with their VQ tickets for diamond guests before the masses descend. Otherwise this negates a huge reason for most people getting a gold pass for this event in the first place...

Apologies if that sounds a bit elitist but gold pass holders have paid a premium and we should have priority in this instance.

The outside queues MUST also be well defined, crewed and maintained otherwise you risk a free for all.

My mum wants to get CL autograph on Sunday but I can't leave her on her own so I was just wondering if we would both need the VQ to queue or I could just show my pass again

Confirmed by TooTall: your pass will be punched through in the autograph section when going through the first time. So you'd both need VQ tickets.

Thank you QS :-)

Did I read that correctly ?.

Did Jason just confirm in a roundabout way hidden in one of his posts that 500 gold passes have been sold

I just hope we don't all turn up at the crack of dawn to get VQ tickets for diamond guests we want as I don't think 10 min will be long enough

• Like 1

QS or someone may correct me but Im guessing even if you have a diamond pass, this DOES NOT mean you will get early entry. that just means you get the benefits of that guest. you still need your entry ticket. i think its just golds who get in earlier.

The Gold Pass queue at the entrance will still be let in first, so you'll have a reasonable chance at low VQs for Diamond Pass guests. And you of course still get queue-joining-without-VQ capability for the OTHER 100+ guests!

I have an MJF diamond pass, based on the post i quoted above does this mean that even when it comes to entry to the building all diamond passes for diff people have a different queue to everyone else and therefore get let in the building first? Will this be clearly marked on the day?

I was planning on queueing from before half 7, should i not need to now? The only people not connected to my diamond pass i want to get will be a VQ ticket for chris lloyd and a VQ ticket for Lea Thompson - will diamond passes get let in before everyone else but then get to do VQ tickets for any guest anhead of the normal entry?

Sorry for so many questions, i'm new to all this ;)

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Jay

There are a lot of gold pass holders and there is not a lot of you on here tonight as i know most know what i had explained was the case.

I have to say that there are a few of you that i see did not understand this and for that i am sorry but you have to understand that i have been saying it in every post i have posted and its in the thread about Diamond passes and it was talked over a lot over the last year so its not a secret. There have been one or two people pushing their interests to the foreground to try o get this in as past of the deal but that is not possible and makes the Diamond pass unworkable so it just cannot happen.

I understand your point if i had taken something away but i have not, i have not given you something you want or would like but as i say that is not possible, I have never said golds would get this so i am just saying it as it is.

One word you used that i personally hate and its create so many issues in the world "Assumed"

This word is evil and sounds polite and as though it means something when in fact it means "I have no idea i am guessing"

Its the word that created the falklands war .

As the then British secretary to the security for foreign affairs in a meeting with the Argentinian government attaché "assumed" that the UK government did not care about these Malvinas islands and in fact she had not herd of them and again "assumed" they meant very little to the UK , upon the end of this meeting the Argentinian government mobilised its troops and invaded the falkland islands several months laster and in the end 649 were killed.

So sorry to go off at a tangent but i do hate the word "assumed" :-)

We try to make it clear and we try to stick to what we intend, these Diamond pass guests being at the show are an extra to everyone attending other than the people that buy a Diamond pass that helps to make it happen for us all to meet them.

Jason

Edited by StuartG2198

• Showmasters Admin

That is actually a good idea, just have whoever it is on the gold queue door pass down tickets to people.

Lol - just a stupid idea - on Saturday/ Sunday - why not have a SM team staff person go down the gold queue handing out VQ tickets for diamond guest's. So when the doors open and gold are let in first, we don't pull a hamstring "rushing" down to far end of hall to get VQ tickets- I can do 200m in 28secs-but might need to go into training now- only joking lol.

No that is not going to happen

This is not what we are going to be doing , we are going to mange the lines for the door and give out gold passes and that is it outside the doors or we create the next issue where people here there are VQs being given outside the hall and everyone get there from 4 am , we think things like this out , we do not just come on here and say things as thats when things go wrong .

NO TICKETS OR VQs WILL BE GIVE OUT BEFORE THE DOORS OPEN

All VQs will be given out in front of the place were the guest is going to be seated its how it is and how it will be going forward.

we are not going to start to create lines for getting into lines for guest tickets outside the doors its just crazy sorry this is a no.

jason

• Like 2

But why be annoyed??? as you say you have diamond so would get priority anyway?! it just means that us golds could join a queue straight away before regulards come in. then people with diamonds would just go on to meet the guest infront of us, no fuss or hassle.

To be fair - I've got two diamond passes and if gold pass members could turn up and just walking in before me I would be slightly annoyed. I've paid a huge amount of money so that I can be guaranteed an autograph from Michael Gambon and not worry about virtual tickets; if he even goes into them - he is only there for one day).

QS or someone may correct me but Im guessing even if you have a diamond pass, this DOES NOT mean you will get early entry. that just means you get the benefits of that guest. you still need your entry ticket. i think its just golds who get in earlier.

The Gold Pass queue at the entrance will still be let in first, so you'll have a reasonable chance at low VQs for Diamond Pass guests. And you of course still get queue-joining-without-VQ capability for the OTHER 100+ guests!

I have an MJF diamond pass, based on the post i quoted above does this mean that even when it comes to entry to the building all diamond passes for diff people have a different queue to everyone else and therefore get let in the building first? Will this be clearly marked on the day?

I was planning on queueing from before half 7, should i not need to now? The only people not connected to my diamond pass i want to get will be a VQ ticket for chris lloyd and a VQ ticket for Lea Thompson - will diamond passes get let in before everyone else but then get to do VQ tickets for any guest anhead of the normal entry?

Sorry for so many questions, i'm new to all this ;)

A Diamond Pass does not get you entry. You get in the line your ticket type is: which comes down to a maximum of three lines, one of them being Gold. You only go in if you have a Gold Pass.

• Like 1

Jason I saw a comment earlier which seems to have been overlooked but would be helpful information.

What happens with disabled attendees and their carers? Do they go in at same time as gold? Also do they need to queue for vq tickets for Weaver and Paxton etc

Thank you

Yes 5 of the BIGGEST guests out of the 140 ill add! so if you fork up for a gold wanting to meet 'ONLY' those 5 guests out of 140 then yes it can feel like the golds not worth what it was.

So a gold pass holder gets across first entry (above diamond unless they have also bought gold which I doubt)
Access to all talks as part of the package
Front of the queue for all photo shoots (apart from diamond)
No need for a vt for all if the guest apart from 5 which are prioritised to diamond passes

Am I missing something when people say they aren't worth the money? Stop throwing your toys out of the pram for the sake of five guests. You still get to jump the queue on the 140 other guests.

And unless I'm mistaken only diamond pass can have MJF auto anyway. So everyone's getting stressed because you have to get vt' s for four guests out of the one hundred and forty???

Apologies for duplicating but I asked for clarification of something on page 2 (post 30) and it seems to have been overlooked/lost in the subsequent arguing and indignation that has been going on. Would be grateful if someone could have a look and answer it. Thanks. Link back to it http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89252&p=1932141

Jason I saw a comment earlier which seems to have been overlooked but would be helpful information.

What happens with disabled attendees and their carers? Do they go in at same time as gold? Also do they need to queue for vq tickets for Weaver and Paxton etc

Thank you

Disabled attendees or their carers need to contact TooTall. He'll discuss your specific needs. Please e-mail info@showmastersevents.com, FAO TooTall.

Thank you

• Like 1

That is actually a good idea, just have whoever it is on the gold queue door pass down tickets to people.

Lol - just a stupid idea - on Saturday/ Sunday - why not have a SM team staff person go down the gold queue handing out VQ tickets for diamond guest's. So when the doors open and gold are let in first, we don't pull a hamstring "rushing" down to far end of hall to get VQ tickets- I can do 200m in 28secs-but might need to go into training now- only joking lol.

hello jason if you are still on here, I would like to ask you a question. I don't want to sound rude, but is this going to be like last year stan Lee situation for e.g. if I don't have a diamond pass is there no chance of getting a autograph or is it just not guaranteed ?. I know it sounds like a saft question, but I like to know what to prepare for on the days. Thanks

This is not what we are going to be doing , we are going to mange the lines for the door and give out gold passes and that is it outside the doors or we create the next issue where people here there are VQs being given outside the hall and everyone get there from 4 am , we think things like this out , we do not just come on here and say things as thats when things go wrong .

All VQs will be given out in front of the place were the guest is going to be seated its how it is and how it will be going forward.

we are not going to start to create lines for getting into lines for guest tickets outside the doors its just crazy sorry this is a no.

jason

To be completely clear, I have a batch 1 Diamond pass for Sigourney. If Diamonds are called for autos first thing on Saturday I don't actually have to go then but can join the queue at any time after that, at least on Saturday (the implication seems to be that I have to use it some time on Saturday as Batch 2 will be on Sunday). It's just that I will have a friend getting a VT and would like to go through together when that number comes up if possible so just want to be absolutely clear I'm reading right and I will be able to just join the queue later in the day with my friend. Thanks.

You are reading correctly, as I already confirmed when you first asked. The changes only affect Gold Passes, a Diamond Pass holder being a good friend is still the same. ;)

• Showmasters Admin

Did I read that correctly ?.

Did Jason just confirm in a roundabout way hidden in one of his posts that 500 gold passes have been sold

I just hope we don't all turn up at the crack of dawn to get VQ tickets for diamond guests we want as I don't think 10 min will be long enough

There was 800 gold passes for last years show onto of the Stan Lee gold pass the thing we learnt two years ago you are not all there for the same guests so it does not create an issue with numbers

This year its less as we have introduced the Diamond passes which is what we expected as lots of gold pass holders really only bought one as they wanted one to two guests so this takes some of the pressure of the golds and also tells us exactly what people are coming for and what to expect and how to manage them.

By the way nothing was hidden or slipped out if i did not want to say something i just would not say it, as to not telling you i never really thought before that it would be of any interest? apart from something more for the people that like to worry about the un none :-) people do like to fret , its a good job we have faith in our ability and that of our crew together we will deliver one amazing event of world wide proportion and you all make it possible :-)

thank you everyone and see you there soon

jason

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 2

To be completely clear, I have a batch 1 Diamond pass for Sigourney. If Diamonds are called for autos first thing on Saturday I don't actually have to go then but can join the queue at any time after that, at least on Saturday (the implication seems to be that I have to use it some time on Saturday as Batch 2 will be on Sunday). It's just that I will have a friend getting a VT and would like to go through together when that number comes up if possible so just want to be absolutely clear I'm reading right and I will be able to just join the queue later in the day with my friend. Thanks.

You are reading correctly, as I already confirmed when you first asked. The changes only affect Gold Passes, a Diamond Pass holder being a good friend is still the same. ;)

Thanks, I think it just means I can't use it Sunday being Batch 1 unless I speak to someone about it. That's unlikely to be necessary and all seems clear enough now.

Can't you at least consider early access to gold pass holders, 15-30 minutes earlier? I think this will make things more relaxed. As mentioned before, by the time you get your VT for one guest, the other ones will be flooded.

No that would be changing the rules and that would not be fare on the none gold pass holders and if they had seen you get in 15 or 20 minutes earlier then maybe they would have bought gold passes but now they will not have been able to budget for them or have bought other passes so the answer is no we will leave it as it has been sins the first year we have offered gold passes we will let you all in around 10 minuets before the regular entry as that is what we have done for years , we do not change the gaol posts unless we really have to change something to make it work or make it fairer.

Jason

Thanks Jason, this clears things for me a lot. I didn't intend to offend anyone when asking about the 10 minute difference time. I was just wondering if it was 10 mins from gold opening or gold end of the line.

10 mins is sufficient for getting VQs, it's just handy now to know a queue a little earlier.

One thing I have never said and never will is that the gold pass isn't good value for money. The gold pass was the first thing I bought for this event and I think it's well worth the cost, especially with the event getting bigger. There's no doubt LFCC 2015 is shaping up to be the best yet.

• Like 1

jason

Quick question that will ease my mind, is the time good holders have at entry (10 mins is it?) from the moment the first gold pass holder goes through the door or the gold pass holder at the end of the line? If it's 10 mins after the last person in line that will make it MUCH easier for us Gold Pass holders to get the VQs when we get in.

Sorry Guys, I think you're forgetting that everyone can read your comments, As a Standard ticket holder, I do find it a little bit Dis- Respectful that you seem to want the whole venue to yourself. Like Jason says above. The gold are let in first then once the queue has gone he lets us all in...

Yes you get priority, You get a Goodie bag, you get to front of queues... you get a bit for your money. But please do remember everyone else is here to, to meet their Heroes etc. You may find those in the Queues will be spending a whole lot more than you and don't even need the Gold Pass to do it. :smile:

well said , we run the events for everyone and i have said for many years the gold pass holders money gos to providing more stages and free talks so these passes have a positive affect on the entire show and everyone that attends but no one is less important to us here and we understand far to well not everyone can afford everythign but we try to put on a great event for everyone be they are wealthy or not or a die hard fan that has save up all year to be there or a casual fan you are all important to us and we try hard to think of whats best for everyone.

jason

Glad to know my 200+ extra pounds I pay for a gold pass is spent to the benefit of the regular entry fans, so they know they get compensated for me going in front of them in the line...except for the diamond pass guests, because my 200 +pounds was obviously not enough to include those 5 "extra" guests...To get those I need to get a VQ ticket, but you'll be nice and pretty much garantuee a low VQ ticket by opening the doors for us first..I know you can't change the rules midway and even can't admit to it, because that alone would cause a further riot, but I hope you do realize how silly this is and change this somehow next year.

Its not silly its how it is.

"If you want to be guaranteed a autograph or photo op from a Dimond pass guest you will need to buy a Diamond pass"

Next year it will be the same as we plan to have some of the big names that were busy this year come and i can say now 100% they are going to sell very fast and be very limited and the same as this year Gold passes would not be able to have access as that would not work, so now you know ready for next year so there will be no confusion hope that helps.

Jason

It's still silly, but you're very clear, and you make the rules, so so be it. thank you. Lets enjoy a nice LFCC and maybe announce a few more guests? I haven't bought any diamond passes yet :P

Jason

Hmm sorry did my post seem to imply your hiding something ?

I said it was kinda hidden ( as in that wall of text from you taking the time to try and answer everyone's questions)

And yes it's entirely up to you if you want to give out that info or not

Tho In my opinion leaving everyone guessing about Details seems to be the cause of probably half the venting here and keeps QS very busy

As you can see I don't really post because most threads turn into a platform for people to vent at the latest thing they don't agree with I tend to just lurk and read the posts that inform me about new guests and any updated information hence why I'm in this thread.

Edited by Gravitus