Floor Plan?

Olympia website has the overall layouts of their venues. It also states there that LFCC is in Olympia National.

But of course this is not the same as having the "event layout".

It can't JUST be in the National as the capacity is too small and people have mentioned the use of multiple halls.

Schedule is up now. I'm planning on getting the floorplan up on Monday.

Can you at least confirm which halls are being used now? Would help a lot in terms of organising cosplay photoshoots, meets, etc if we knew which buildings were being used.

Can you at least confirm which halls are being used now? Would help a lot in terms of organising cosplay photoshoots, meets, etc if we knew which buildings were being used.

Not before the final approval is on everything. Monday isn't that long to wait for anymore.

Not before the final approval is on everything. Monday isn't that long to wait for anymore.

Waaah waaaah but I wants it now... My previous!!

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1

It's a bit worrying that you don't have final approval on the venue until a few days before the con, especially after the shambles at MK.

I think the mean on where everything is going to be/fit :P Not that they don't have things sorted for which halls they've hired.

Yes, that's what I meant. Well technically I mean until everyone has said it is okay to put up too. :P

Waaah waaaah but I wants it now... My previous!!

Gollum's cousin? :o

• Like 2

Hopefully we will be in the Grand Hall bearing in mind the LFCC is sold out now to ticket buyers on both Saturday and Sunday and this will undoutably be an extremely busy event. .. Olympia is a superb venue for LFCC and the Grand Hall would do full justice to the show. Await the answers and layout of course on Monday in this busy time for Showmasters.....

Thank you for your kindness.

I was referring to aisle space and the expected crowds. As a dealer last year at Earls Court I remember how busy it was and I know The Grand Hall has plenty of light,space, and ambience, and would suit the show admirably in view of the expected number of visitors attending, the many guest signings, and multiple show attractions. Possibly the organisers are testing out The National Hall with a view to transferring it to the larger hall in the future should it turn not to be big enough to house such a show. Equally The National Hall may well suit this type of event but we shall see.......

Until the floor plan is released we won't know how they have arranged things but SM have a great deal of experience with these events now, you can be sure that the layout will be what they believe will work best for everyone but it's also true that you can't please everyone all of the time, so no matter what the layout I'm sure there will be one or two unhappy with it - Not all the halls being used would be suitable for every element of the event and it's going to make sense to have some things in some areas rather than others - I would expect the side halls/rooms to be used for the big guests, the conference centre will I guess be used for panels/talks so that just leaves the main hall spaces and what works best in terms of flow/space - We'll see on Monday, though won't know for sure how well it's going to work until part way through the event.

Incidentally, as Jason has pointed out, they've used all the space they could this year, if you look at the Olympia website you can see that the Grand Hall is being used for another event which overlaps so it's probably not the case they've chosen not to use the Grand Hall, it simply doesn't appear to have been available for these dates.

I'm confident that the best use of the space available will be suitable for the numbers attending

Edited by Geekzania

sorry if this has been asked before, or is obvious to a local etc, but given there's6 halls, is there just one entrance queue or is there, eg, a queue for the halls where the photoshoots are, a queue where the main autograph/VQs will be etc? i'd have thought that might be a bit helpful and if there's multi queues i want to make sure i'm in the right one.

sorry if this has been asked before, or is obvious to a local etc, but given there's6 halls, is there just one entrance queue or is there, eg, a queue for the halls where the photoshoots are, a queue where the main autograph/VQs will be etc? i'd have thought that might be a bit helpful and if there's multi queues i want to make sure i'm in the right one.

We won't know until the floorplan is up they may use multiple entrances or they may be one main entrance. The halls are all then interlinked

I hope there isn't multiple ques because I always get stuck in the 1 which is massive and doesn't move.. Like in asda I can join a que with. 3 people and the one next to me has 49 people and the 49 get served quicker than me.. 49 is an exaggeration obv but only 1 que for me please thanks lol