maybe a stupid question but are we allowed to leave the venue for cigarette breaks or pop out for lunch, will we be allowed back in, I know last year was mayhem and some people who popped out side for a break were refused re-entry, although this was inconsistent I don't want it to happen to me, can you please confirm now its a pre sold ticket event, no one who leaves will be refused re-entry or made to join a queue in a one in one out policy

• Like 1

You'll get your hand stamped so you can come back in.

That doesn't answer the question at all. Last year, because they massively oversold, people leaving to pop outside briefly were refused re-entry (with hand-stamps, etc) as they were at the venue capacity.

• Like 1

That doesn't answer the question at all. Last year, because they massively oversold, people leaving to pop outside briefly were refused re-entry (with hand-stamps, etc) as they were at the venue capacity.

There's no selling tickets on the day this time so there shouldn't be any issues

There's no selling tickets on the day this time so there shouldn't be any issues

If it's split over multiple halls as is being suggested and these have different capacites (4k, 4k and 2k roughly) then I can't see how there won't be the same issues. People trying to enter a hall that's at capacity will have to be refused entry and sent around the site to a different hall.

Had no problems walking in and out several times over the weekend either last year and with the limit on tickets this time, I can't see this happening this year either...so I wouldn't worry too much about it, but of course you can always consider to stop smoking and just bring lunch along ;)

Edited by Vhiper

I don't know the venue well enough, but I was assuming there's a connection between the halls and you wouldn't have to walk through the Olympia grounds. At least that was the impression I got last time an event was there, maybe that's wrong.

It's a new venue and the ticket sales were capped. As it's been said, things are going to be nowhere as bad as last year. I can't promise getting back in without the slightest wait though, there's too many "what if" there. All it needs is a larger group of cosplayers being in front of you or something like that and there will be a slight delay until you're through the doors.

• Like 1

Well cant remember scores of people being denied re-entry last year... Yes there were long queues to get in for pay on the door..... I was smoking then and i had no problem going out or getting back in and i was in and out every 30mins or so ...ber in mind you had the comic section in another part,,,,

• Like 1

Ok knowing the venue very well I just clear up that the halls are linked and there should be no need to walk around the outside to get into a hall.

Bit alarming about the event Security/Stewards tho one not letting you in and the other letting you in no challenge despite you was showing your stamp, hopefully communication will be better this time.

I had no issue last year going in and out with a handstamp as I had to just to get some fresh air so you should be fine just do what we and someone else on here said, walk through with your hand in the air, stamp facing the folk on the door and no one generally will question it!!!

By this point lots of people have answered, but in my opinion there was never any reason to think that this year would be the same as last (with Saturday being pre-paid only the biggest factor).

All of the halls at Olympia are linked, so unless it has been decided to shut them off for any reason, you should be able to walk from one to the next one without the need to go outside.

In terms of capacity issues, well it shouldn't be an issue on Saturday as there is no on the day entry, so I would have thought you can just go back in. I guess Friday and Sunday will have to be carefully managed, so there may be a wait.

Cigarette areas no idea I'm afraid as I don't smoke.