Temperature in the venue

I think they will have AC on but it will be hot nonetheless, with all those people in there. I remember last year, Saturday was particularly bad. Even AC has its limits on what it can do. Luckily my cosplay costume will be cooler than last year! Also being from Greece I am more used to the heat (the only good thing about being from Greece nowadays).

• Like 1

Olympia is glass-roofed and gets very hot. I attended the London Book Fair in April, when it was quite warm and it was awful in there. Hopefully they will have arranged some sort of air-conditioning if they are using that main area!!

You have to remember that there will be thousands of people in there and while the might be air conditioning it might not be able to cope with the amount of people. Maybe it will though. For some reason I don't remember it been that hot in side last year lol. It was outside but I was queueing in the carpark lol

You have to remember that there will be thousands of people in there and while the might be air conditioning it might not be able to cope with the amount of people. Maybe it will though. For some reason I don't remember it been that hot in side last year lol. It was outside but I was queueing in the carpark lol

It was a different venue last year, but it was still very hot inside.
  • Like 1

I know it was...I was there hahaha. Just saying I think I just plodded on last year and didn't think too much about it.🙌🙌😝🌞🌞🌞

I know it was...I was there hahaha. Just saying I think I just plodded on last year and didn't think too much about it.🙌🙌😝🌞🌞🌞
Sorry, I've just seen a few people on here that haven't realised it's a change of venue this year. Didn't want anyone to go to the wrong place!

Sorry, I've just seen a few people on here that haven't realised it's a change of venue this year. Didn't want anyone to go to the wrong place!

Absolutely not but on the brightside they aren't for apart haha

• Like 1

I was only once at Olympia, when they were hosting the Doctor Who Experience, but then it wasn't really hot inside and it was summer, but also less people during the experience that at an LFCC , I think it can't be worse than last year, but well for me the heat wasn't really the problem, but mostly I was unhappy with the lack of deodorant -_- Even during a chat with Curtis Armstrong he was the one starting our conversation during his break by saying Ah I love the smell of nerds during a hot summer day... XD

Excited for and dreading LFCC at the same time! It could be a great weekend, but I am so heat-sensitive it's ridiculous.
Already started on my Odaban campaign, will be building up with Sweat Block from next Monday, already bought new Nike Dri-Fit polo shirts to (hopefully) help me stay a bit cooler ... plus my rosacea (red cheeks, neck and nose) is just about ready to start to flair up. I will likely need to photoshop the colour out of my face on the photos I have taken!!

I've generally found Olympia to be more 'airy' than Earls Court, even with the glass roof but for any large venue with a lot of people on a hot day there is only so much that the air cooling is going to be able to cope with. The last time LFCC was held at Olympia in the Summer, it was warm inside but nowhere near as bad as last Summer, having said that, if we get temperatures like we've seen this week it will be uncomfortable in any venue. I think if it looks like it's going to be very hot (which it might) then people need to be sensible, dress appropriately and have plenty of water to drink. I actually think having the event in multiple halls should help as well.

I wasn't too worried about the venue and overheating because I managed to cope last year. Yes, initially I felt all hot and bothered and stuffy but I soon adjusted. (Being able to go in and out to the second venue helped). But reading about Olympia, I'm getting a bit worried. I don't really cope well in the heat and coupled with my anxiety; I just hope I don't spend the three days feeling very uncomfortable. Mostly I don't want to turn up to all my photoshoots all flushed and perspiring.

• Like 2

I wasn't too worried about the venue and overheating because I managed to cope last year. Yes, initially I felt all hot and bothered and stuffy but I soon adjusted. (Being able to go in and out to the second venue helped). But reading about Olympia, I'm getting a bit worried. I don't really cope well in the heat and coupled with my anxiety; I just hope I don't spend the three days feeling very uncomfortable. Mostly I don't want to turn up to all my photoshoots all flushed and perspiring.

Ah. Anxiety. You're preaching to the choir. I hope we both have a comfortable weekend!

• Like 2

It will be somewhere between Insanely hot and feeling like your standing on the surface of the Sun, Olympia has a nice glass roof , the last couple of times it's been there was a breeze compared to last summer at Earls Court , hopefully they will have the balcony open again to help disperse the crowd a bit

I am a tad bit worried about the possibility of overheating. I can't take the heat very well. I am also in a full body covered cosplay as charlie chaplin so it will be even hotter then usual for me, but i love to cosplay so will have to soldier on. i am bringing with me a flash full of ice water though and a portable fan. also special spray that cools you down when you spray it on your face. another good tip, if you can do it, is take an ice cube and put it on your pulse zones on your wrists and neck and it will instantly cool you down, works wonders for me.

• Like 1

I am a tad bit worried about the possibility of overheating. I can't take the heat very well. I am also in a full body covered cosplay as charlie chaplin so it will be even hotter then usual for me, but i love to cosplay so will have to soldier on. i am bringing with me a flash full of ice water though and a portable fan. also special spray that cools you down when you spray it on your face. another good tip, if you can do it, is take an ice cube and put it on your pulse zones on your wrists and neck and it will instantly cool you down, works wonders for me.

Though it seems counter-intuitive drinking warm water is better at cooling you down than drinking ice-cold. Drinking ice-cold water can actually reduce blood flow, hence the body can't dissipate heat as efficiently. Drinking a small amount of a warm or hot drink stimulates the body into 'losing' heat - it's why small, hot drinks are popular in hot countries - the most important thing though is to drink and stay hydrated

• Like 1

Though it seems counter-intuitive drinking warm water is better at cooling you down than drinking ice-cold. Drinking ice-cold water can actually reduce blood flow, hence the body can't dissipate heat as efficiently. Drinking a small amount of a warm or hot drink stimulates the body into 'losing' heat - it's why small, hot drinks are popular in hot countries - the most important thing though is to drink and stay hydrated

Really? thats interesting and good to know thanks

Ill be wearing a jacket to help hide my sweat patches! I dont want to see them in my photoshoots!

I get very hot very easily, and I mean VERY easily. But you can always tell as my face looks glowy in my photoshoots and then when I get the digitals I have to start photo-shopping them, either that or I start wearing a foundation powder! I've been called the human torch :(

showmasters could make SO much money if they had a stand just inside the entrance to the venue selling those little battery powered hand held fans!

In a sealed room, the fan will make the room hotter because its motor emits heat energy too. It will however reduce temperature highs by mixing hot and cooler air. It will also lower a human's temperature because it elicits evaporative cooling from the skin. Even if the room isn't sealed, if it's hotter outside than inside, none of the heat will escape. So they might make some money out of it, but at the cost of actually warming the air up slightly.