Temperature in the venue

Can anyone advise from previous experience what Olympia is like temperature-wise?

Does it have air con or at least good ventilation?

It's been damn hot these past few days - can't imagine the mess we'd be in if it's this hot on the day!!

:WINCE::saiyan:B)

• Like 1

I hope it is cooler than last years at Earls Court!

To be honest, I'm not one to complain but I remember standing in the line for Stan Lees photoshoot and my goodness was it hot in there, people were using their photoshoot tickets as makeshift fans.

I was planning on cosplaying this year - but somehow wwith all those bodies in such a space I feel it wouldn't be right to :)

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm going to be wearing a long velvet dress, so I sincerely hope it's not too hot. Then again, my default body temperature is cold (right this moment I'm sat here with a blanket on and it's about 28°) [/size]so I might be okay.

I'm sooo jelous, it's soooo hot!!!

I'm going to be wearing a long velvet dress, so I sincerely hope it's not too hot. Then again, my default body temperature is cold (right this moment I'm sat here with a blanket on and it's about 28°) so I might be okay.

I think you;'ll be fine - will be nice to see you again :)

I'm going to be wearing a long velvet dress, so I sincerely hope it's not too hot. Then again, my default body temperature is cold (right this moment I'm sat here with a blanket on and it's about 28°) [/size]so I might be okay.

I'm sooo jelous, it's soooo hot!!!

You should see me at work, we have a fan going behind the counter and I'm complaining that it's too cold. My boss tells me I'm crazy, then I make him touch my ice-cube hands and he shrieks because I'm basically a massive icicle. It's nuts.

I'm going to be wearing a long velvet dress, so I sincerely hope it's not too hot. Then again, my default body temperature is cold (right this moment I'm sat here with a blanket on and it's about 28°) so I might be okay.

I think you;'ll be fine - will be nice to see you again :)

I'll be wandering about on Saturday :)

• Like 1

showmasters could make SO much money if they had a stand just inside the entrance to the venue selling those little battery powered hand held fans!

i dont do well with heat, so i'll be taking a couple of shirts so i can change into one for photos so i dont look all sweaty and yuck!

• Like 1

Wish I were like that. I feel the heat really easy!

Wish I were like that. I feel the heat really easy!

It has its downsides. I'm constantly in physical pain during winter.

showmasters could make SO much money if they had a stand just inside the entrance to the venue selling those little battery powered hand held fans!

i dont do well with heat, so i'll be taking a couple of shirts so i can change into one for photos so i dont look all sweaty and yuck!

Lol theres a reason they didnt take off in the 80's....they are rubbish.

LFCC 2913 was great, I had no problem with the temperature at the venue even though it was the hottest day of that year,

In 2014 it was a nightmare, hot outside, roasting inside, and it was not just me, i saw many people frantically faning themselfs.

Im hoping the change of venue will improve this problem.

Dear Showmasters, turn on the AC.

• Like 1

I was fasting at last Years event, travelled from Birmingham all the way to London to meet Stan Lee. It was absoloutely baking and felt faint at times on the Saturday but on the Friday in the Queue for Stan Lee's auto, was okay as the queue was outside. I won't be going this Year which is a shame as it's an amazing guest list but next Year I'll have no trouble in attending just hope Hayley returns as I'm gutted I can't meet her

Could I please ask that we not get into the whole air con discussion/conspiracy at Earl's Court 2 again! There was a massive thread about it and it just got ridiculous.

This is a different venue now, lets leave Earl's Court 2 respectively in the past.

Thank you :)

• Like 1