Autographs

Hi,

just been reading thread giving detailed FAQ's - one question being..

can I speak to /meet guest without paying for an autograph? have to admit was surprised to see that reply was possible is their queue was quiet or had separate photo table and was down to discretion of steward at the time - surely that is a little unfair on other fans who purchase VT's and as SM say on them as this is where their fees are covered too?

• Moderators

Hi,

can I speak to /meet guest without paying for an autograph? have to admit was surprised to see that reply was possible is their queue was quiet or had separate photo table and was down to discretion of steward at the time - surely that is a little unfair on other fans who purchase VT's and as SM say on them as this is where their fees are covered too?

Firstly you don't purchase a VT that is purely a system of queuing, it's a bit of paper with the guests name and a number on it which acts like a deli where you return after your number is called. With regard to meeting a guest and not paying for an autograph this doesn't happen all that often and would generally be if there was no queue at the table, guests that have been running on VTs tend to be more popular and bigger names and would have queue through the day so I would highly doubt you would be able to just go up and meet them without paying.

Some of our Diamond guests will have booths separating them from the rest once you start queuing you will eventually get to a desk a few feet away from the guest where you pay and I would say due to the volume of people wanting autographs that the answer would be no.

Edited by StuartG2198

You technically can, yes, but are expected to bugger off when a paying fan walks up and from last year's experience it's safe to say 99% of the guests will be constantly busy with paying fans. Don't count on any lengthy free talk (or paid one for that matter) with a guest and consider yourself lucky if you do. VT's, by the way, are free, just like the pictures offered at the autograph table. You only pay for (and per) autograph.

Hi,

You do not purchase VT or VQ's just so that you know - the ticket is free and is just a marker place in the queue.

Hi Yes I know VT is free, but then those getting them are because they are wanting an autograph so will be paying around £20 and queuing up, I do see what you are saying in that if you don't want to pay for an autograph and just meet the guest then there is that option, but they are taking VT tickets then - just seems a little unfair as I say on fellow fans and SM itself

Hi Yes I know VT is free, but then those getting them are because they are wanting an autograph so will be paying around £20 and queuing up, I do see what you are saying in that if you don't want to pay for an autograph and just meet the guest then there is that option, but they are taking VT tickets then - just seems a little unfair as I say on fellow fans and SM itself

Not sure what you mean. They will not be allowed in the queue even with a VQ just to meet the guest if the queue busy. During busy times only paying attendees are allowed through. You are only allowed to go in to just chat if it is an open queue or not busy in which case the VQ's aren't relevant so it doesn't matter if they have taken one and aren't using it. Also maybe they took a VQ intending to use it and changed their minds.

Unless I misunderstand you.

Yes. All guests (Apart from MJF) can theoretically be visited this way. check with the crew member sitting with them but if they have no queue and there's no one waiting to buy auto's from them then with permission you can go up to chat. You always have to stop and leave if a paying attendee comes up but you can go back again.

With the big guests this is extremely unlikely to happen as they will be busy all day.

I've walked up to a couple of guests, so it can be done, you just need to be mindful on whether they are busy or are open. I've approached a couple of guests for a chat that I've met before and once because my best friend wanted me pass on her appreciation for his work.

You could most likely count on one hand the number of guests on a VT system, the rest will be simply a que which you judge for yourself. If you see a guest with no que or just a few people waiting then absolutely go over and chat and shake their hand and say hello. Of course you can do that.

You could most likely count on one hand the number of guests on a VT system, the rest will be simply a que which you judge for yourself. If you see a guest with no que or just a few people waiting then absolutely go over and chat and shake their hand and say hello. Of course you can do that.

For this show the majority of guests will end up on the VT system sooner or later if they don't start right away.

It's sold out for one day and near sold out for the other... this is pretty much inevitable.

Have you been to LFCC before?

I assure you there will be A LOT more than 5 guests using the VT system!

Just had a thought... I have VT for a few actors autographs and photo shoots..... if I should be in autograph queue for the one and then photo shoot time of another clashes can I rejoin autograph queue?

You can join your autograph queue any time after your number has been called. If you#re close to a photoshoot time I suggest not to join the autograph line.

• Like 1

Have you been to LFCC before?

I assure you there will be A LOT more than 5 guests using the VT system!

I have. 2007 was my first show.