Pens

They usually all have black and silver, sometimes other colours like gold and blue as well, but if there is a specific colour/type of pen you want them to use then you are better off bringing your own.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 3

I took a bronze to my last event and got the picture all in the same colour. It looks good.

Don't be shy about asking for a particular colour if you want it. Be careful about black though, in the hubub to get through it's easy for the guest to accidentally use a dark pen on a dark bit of the picture so I always go for silver, gold or bronze as they stand out well.

Edited by Raylenth

Most guests tend have black, blue, silver, gold with odd one having bronze. Have seen green & red as well. If there's a colour they haven't got then the guest or crew member will borrow one from any other guests either side of them.

There's nothing wrong with that at all, like you said you are paying and you want to be happy with your item. I've got multi colour sig posters, and there's nothing wrong with them, but I must admit I prefer my single colour poster as I think it stands out more and is a bit more pleasing to the eye. As long as the sigs are far enough apart that they don't look like they are one it's fine.

I was getting my Dr Who book done and all the other auto's where signed with a Silver Sharpie and so would have ruined it for me ! I know I know but there again if I'm paying for a auto I'm fussy ! lol

Hello!

What is the best pen for my own autograph photo with paper bright glossy ?

thanks!!

That depends a bit on the kind of paper. I had different results with bright glossy.

If you can stretch to it get spares (Pictures and the different pens you are considering) and test the different pens on it. I did that with the Sharpie paint pens I bought and I'm glad I did as I hated them and would have ruined my picture if I had taken them to the event and had them used without testing them. The regular Sharpies are fine though I think.

Raylenth what is a good make of pen the colour i would like is a gold or bronze type colour as a poster i want signed is black

Sharpie. The metallic ones are a little hard to get on occasion. But persnoally I find there's least smudging risk with those.

I've had different experiences with different pens over the years. WORST? - Sarah Wayne Callies - in a gold colour but was the pen was running out so it looks awful. BEST? Helen Langenkamp - bright blue, sounds weird but it works for the picture.

Raylenth what is a good make of pen the colour i would like is a gold or bronze type colour as a poster i want signed is black

Sharpie. The metallic ones are a little hard to get on occasion. But persnoally I find there's least smudging risk with those.

You can get them quite easily in the UK now I've found as more and more people are buying them. Have a look in any Rymans, WH Smith or Staples, on line or in shop as they often have the metallic ones available, usually in multi-packs.

http://www.ryman.co.uk/sharpie-metallic-permanent-marker-pack-of-3for example. there are lots of other colours but be aware of how they will look on different pictures and it's best to test them beforehand. Also store and carry with the nib down to prevent it drying out!

Oh good. I have to buy some at LFACC then. In Germany they're becoming more and more hard to obtain.

I can pick some up for you if it's easier and you won't have to rush around to find them, I have a Rymans down the road from work and I know they usually have them in there I'm intending to go to LFCC on Saturday so could leave them with someone there for you or perhaps the info desk in case I don't see you.

Or if you ever want any in the future send me an email and I can post some over to you.

I've had different experiences with different pens over the years. WORST? - Sarah Wayne Callies - in a gold colour but was the pen was running out so it looks awful. BEST? Helen Langenkamp - bright blue, sounds weird but it works for the picture.

My worst one was Roger Lloyd Packs. He signed it in gold but the ink was running out so he wrote over the top of the original signature again. Looks messy and unprofessional. Wish I had asked him to start again on a new photo. Was one of my first conventions though and I was nervous so didn't think of asking him.

Oh good. I have to buy some at LFACC then. In Germany they're becoming more and more hard to obtain.

I thought you couldn't make it this year? Are you ok to attend now? :smile:

That was MK that I couldn't make for sure. Yes, I'll be at LFACC.

My worst one was Roger Lloyd Packs. He signed it in gold but the ink was running out so he wrote over the top of the original signature again. Looks messy and unprofessional. Wish I had asked him to start again on a new photo. Was one of my first conventions though and I was nervous so didn't think of asking him.

If you every experience this again and don't want to say anything in front of the guest just look for the Red shirt crew in that area (or ask a crew member) and they will get it replaced for you without the guest knowing :)