Some thoughts on this years event and the future :-)

• Showmasters Admin

Its good to have a polite and nice calm discussion that helps everyone understand things better and that helps us to improve things next time, In this case like normal we learn and we have plans to improve things again next year, each year we get to fix things from the year before , last year with Stan Lee we saw it was important that people could buy a ticket that included everything in one tickets as people were a little frantic to be there to get his autograph , this created a bit of a frenzy so we acted on that and created the Diamond passes, these have worked well with MJF and our other guests and we have been able to afford more guests we have not been able to in years before with these new passes so that worked and is great for everyone that wants to see these guests. We did not include the entrance fee in the diamond pass tickets as this would not be a fair thing to do as many of you have bought more than one of these diamond passes and if that had of included your entry in each one you would have bought several entrance tickets and you may have only want to come for the one day and that would have affected the total cost of the pass. So the right thing to have done and fair thing to have done was to not include a entry ticket in these passes.

We have also been caught out a little bit by fact one day we have plenty of tickets then the next day there was a rush like no other day we have ever seen and then each day after its just gone crazy .

It happened like this in San Diego around 12 years ago i think it was, i was there over the transition years where it went from walk ups being available to the event being only pre sold, i think like San Diego from now on LFCC will be a pre sold event , in a way everyone knows what to expect and we can work on the numbers so its good for everyone and things run smoothly , so there are pros and cons to this but it will give us the confidence to book the big guest you all very much show us you want to see.

So things are changing but its for the better and we will keep on learning and changing the event so it works for more of you and so that everyone has a great weekend at LFCC.

We already have booked more hall space for 2016 as much as there is available so we can have more things for you all to do and we have some cool plans for 2016 , we are also looking for Friday to be a full day also which will give many of you more time to get to meet some of the guests you want to see and do more over the days, so we are looking at future events before we even get in the doors this year :-)

Anyway i just thought i would share this with you.

See you very soon

jason :dance:

• Like 11

Keep up the great work Jason. I'm sure you will announce as soon as you can but the dates for next year's summer LFCC would be useful so we can arrange holiday with work - don't need tickets to be available to buy yet just the dates. Cheers.

• Like 1

I would like to see the introduction of diamond-like premium/VIP ticket that was just for autographs.

I'd happily pay extra for the peace of mind of knowing that I will get my autograph/s on the day, but don't want a photo opportunity or additional memorabilia that I'm unlikely to keep. I appreciate that gold passes are available (and have bought them in the past) but we are yet to see how advantageous they are going to be when diamond passes are in operation.

• Like 6

This year is the most exciting year for me and I can not wait to see how much better it gets next year. The diamond pass for Robert Englund made my year as any of my friends could tell you I am a huge fan. I'm so impressed with this years show. I didn't think last years could be topped but then you went and made 2015 frickin amazing. Bravo, brava

• Like 1

It would be good if there was a seperate event for Star Wars/Star Trek guests as they fill up most of the bill. Not a problem but I thought the huge volume of specific guests each year would warrant a new smaller event

• Like 3

Basically that means that prices across the board will go up, can't be helped and is understandable really. Has to be kept in check though as not to price out all but the well off. I think the best thing about the changes this year is the variation, big guests yes but also plenty of genres and tastes covered, needs to be kept that way. Also in future years this show might sell out in days if not hours so mabye some kind of system rewarding customers who come back year after year say a deposit of £10 for next years ticket that could be held for a short window to protect against the inevitable scalpers that will be attracted.

• Like 2

I have no poblem with the tickets being all pre-sales, I just hope it doesn't turn into a San Diego type of event where the entry tickets sell out the first day they go on sale before an guests are announced.

Would it also be possible to do the tickets like you did for the DST show where you bought your entrance ticket, got a code so that you could by additional talk and photo shoots and they were all sent out, emailed now, at the same time.

• Like 3

May be have a indecator which shows the amount of tickets left to buy for auto/ photos. Then no one can't get caught off guard.

.as we can see, after last summers event, improvements have been made, and as demand grows, so will the event. Keep up the good work

Once again A big event I'm looking forward to. A great list of guests and a job will done for SM.

I was a bit worried about the Diamond guests and what was going to be offered to us, but SM has done a great job in pricing. Well done.

Maybe the ticket ordering (Eventbrite) needs changing, Like no count down clock, and The guests name date etc needs to stand out more.. maybe made bigger and bolder... I have a lot of photo shoot tickets and trying to see what day they are for is bit of nightmare.. Remember we are all getting older and my Camel eyes are not as good as they use to be... I had to write the name and day of the guest on the top of the print out...

Also, Please don't mention other events... If I was a Mod I would be deleting some of your post... :poki:

Keep up the good work SM :smile:

Once again A big event I'm looking forward to. A great list of guests and a job will done for SM.

I was a bit worried about the Diamond guests and what was going to be offered to us, but SM has done a great job in pricing. Well done.

Maybe the ticket ordering (Eventbrite) needs changing, Like no count down clock, and The guests name date etc needs to stand out more.. maybe made bigger and bolder... I have a lot of photo shoot tickets and trying to see what day they are for is bit of nightmare.. Remember we are all getting older and my Camel eyes are not as good as they use to be... I had to write the name and day of the guest on the top of the print out...

Also, Please don't mention other events... If I was a Mod I would be deleting some of your post... :poki:

Keep up the good work SM :smile:

Just wanted to put across my point of view on the countdown clock. I understand that you're not a fan of Eventbrite, and can understand why on many parts of it but the clock is one part of it that puts it above many other ticket booking sites in my opinion. I say this as the reason the clock is there is that it is holding the tickets for you while you fill out your details. Other places don't have this which means while you fill out your address and bank details someone else can swoop in and take those tickets out from under you. I realise this will only happen with guests who sell fast, but it has happened to me on several occasions with other events where I thought I had the tickets, only to find after entering everything that the tickets are no longer available and have sold out. VERY frustrating.

I realise that people feel pressure when there is a clock counting down, but I think 8 minutes is plenty of time to enter your details and click the buttons needed, not once have I come close to the end of it, but maybe it could be increased to 10 or 15 mins to help some people? Although once you have saved all your details then it's even faster!

Sorry for being a bit long winded on a boring subject! I'm not having a go at Spacecadet as I don't like arguing with camels, and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just wanted to put mine across and sing praise to the countdown clock!

May be have a indecator which shows the amount of tickets left to buy for auto/ photos. Then no one can't get caught off guard.

.as we can see, after last summers event, improvements have been made, and as demand grows, so will the event. Keep up the good work

Autographs are not presold, so there'll never be any indication how many are left. Right now they all are. ;)

Some thoughts from a customer who spent more than £ 1200 so far for the convention. I was too late for MJF so I had to buy a diamond pass to meet him. I think the diamond pass should really include the entrance fee.

I really enjoy conventions in the US and thats the second point. There is no presale for autographs. In the US and the big conventions (and SM calles themselves now one of the biggest) is that a standard thing. I was reading to get an autograph you will need a virtual ticket, but its getting much easier. Put the autographtickets online! And you could sell more of the autographtickets for sure. For example I have so many photo ops and talk tickets, I have no time to check virtual tickets for autographs. Good for me so I spend less but I dont think thats what SM wants. Furthermore diamond pass holders should get reserved seats for the talks. They spend much more than other people who just pay for talk tickets.

Last but not least, its my first London convention, but I saw all the photo ops pictures are online afterwards. Thats something I really dont like to see. Of course I wanna buy my picture digital, but to upload the pics online so the whole world can see it is awkward and I know for sure there is no other convention with that rule. Elsewhere you could buy the digital pic already with your photo op online in advance.

Just another short thing, on the last year photo op site I saw there is no rule for the photographers how to take the pictures. Or at least it looked like that. Because some photographer took pictures very close (there was almost just the face on the picture) and with other celebrities and probably another photographer the picture was much better and not that close. I hope this year all the photographers get instruction how to take the pictures. I think there should be not only the face on the picture. From head to the waist is standard in other conventions and looks much better.

Just some thoughts, I think if you spend so much money you are allowed to make suggestions.

• Like 3

If you want your pictures taken a certain way please let the photographer know. There are most definitely no set rules - there's too many different things people may want. Each photographer uses kind of a "personal" standard setting that might differ. But that's definitely not an iron clad thing.

I know of at least one other US organiser (and it is a pretty big one) who uploads the pictures online. But as we can't discuss other shows on here we best leave it at that.

My only criticism is...

Not everybody cares too much for Photo Shoots, and are just autograph collectors, like myself… so I'd rather there be a Diamond pass exclusively to say, 3 or 5 autographs for x amount, and I'd be more inclined to buy it, and would feel more at ease attending the event. It seems silly for me paying £400+ when I don't care for the photo shoots too much. It's not that I don't care, it's that my main time would be spent getting autographs.

That's it really :)

• Like 3

I am really excited about this years event as there are several guests I have wanted to meet for a long time.

There are just a few small things I would like Showmasters to address and at least acknowledge.

I know the venue is different this year but last year on Saturday morning the venue staff had no clue about where people should queue. We joined the Stan Lee queue just before 7am and eventually the member of staff for the venue made us all get onto the disabled access ramp which entailed climbing between a low concrete wall and the metal hand barrier or trying to climb over the top of it.

Will Showmasters ensure there is a heavier crew presence alongside the venue staff outside before doors open?

Also last year was not helped by people using the queueing area for photoshoots as places to sit down and chill out. Now I totally understand why as it was so busy.

Will the areas where we queue for shoots use tensa barriers instead of the tape on the floor? This would be a simple way to to ensure the area is being used for its intended purpose.

Places to chill out. Everyone needs some time to just relax especially with the huge crowds and the heat (please let Olympia be cooler than Earl's Court) so will there be dedicated areas for this purpose?

• Like 3

Sounds good. It's not easy to run a show of this magnitude, so well done SM.

I think the move to pre-sold tickets is probably for the best so that the hall doesn't get overcrowded. If attendance is limited, people will be able to meet more guests they want to meet and everything runs more smoothly.

I hope it doesn't turn into San Diego though, I love the unique format for meeting guests that SM has just now, so if it changed I would be devastated.

But anyway, I'm sure 2016 will be even bigger, which is nice. Will it still be at the Olympia?

• Like 1

Pre-sold autographs for the big guests is a big step forward, I personally don't want to be carring around vast amounts of money and not having a guarentee of actually meeting said persons.

I know this could be difficult with how many autographs a person can or cannot sign but if you did a limited amount and a time lot that they need to be used in I think it would work, I think I would pay a nominal fee to guarentee my autograph.

I really wanted to get an autograph off MJF and I'm not interested in the other stuff so I couldn't justify spending that much money, however with Bill Paxton and Sigourney Weaver offering both options it suits me much better.

I know the circumstances around MJF but just making a point!

• Like 1

I just want to quickly share my views on virtual tickets for autographs...

I LOVE the fact that nothing is guaranteed. I think it adds a nice bit of excitement for the day. I would hate my whole day to be predetermined. I love the thrill of getting in the door and trying to decide which VT to get first and which to save for later.

• Like 4

Really excited about this year... obviously i dont think we can fully judge until we have been there and seen how the "crazyness" is handled.
I like the new ticketing system, my only complaint would be, that it seems from the winter events, you are charging £1 for every single item.. thats ridiculously unfair, and going to end up costing people A LOT of money, i think stick with the £2.50 fee.

Edited by Sazzzy
  • Like 3

This year so far, looks like it is panning out well and good to hear about plans for next year.

I completely agree with the point on the Diamond Pass not including entry. I have a Gold Pass, a Robert Englund Diamond Pass and probably would have bought a Sigourney Diamond Pass as well if I hadn't already filled my weekend up with photoshoots and talks, not to mention trying to get a few autographs here and there. That would have meant potentially I paid for entry three times, which would have been ridiculous. The Diamond passes are great and appear to have given the option of bringing in some really fantastic guests for the show, making it the biggest yet.

My only grumble is that with EventBrite switching to £1 a ticket, I'm going to end up paying a whole load more for events going forward than I have this year based on my photoshoot purchases.

I'm really looking forward to this event as it is only my second time at LFCC and last year I only attended on the Sunday. This time I am attending all 3 days.

I agree that the Diamond Passes should not include entry as I have purchased 4 that would mean that I was paying the entry fee 4 times!

I am interested to see how the Diamond Passes work in terms of clashes as for the money I am spending I don't expect to have to miss anything offered within the pass. If that was to happen then I would think twice about purchasing them again next year.

I also think it is a good idea for all entry tickets to be purchased in advance and not on the door. All the other conventions I attend you have to purchase an entry ticket in advance and it ensures that the event does not become over-crowded.