Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

I took the advice of someone else on here and thought, to hell with it and bought the Sigourney Weaver powerloader alien photo - when else am I gonna get this opportunity?.... So much looking forward to this. Not so concerned about clashes as I'm sure the good crew of SM will be able to assist. :)

• Like 1

If for some reason i forgot to tick the boxes, which i dont think i did anyway, but if i havent paid the fee would SM contact me? Im 99% sure ive paid the fee to confirm tkts but just incase, dont wanna get there and not get through.

Just to try and be clear, these are the 2 tick boxes you need to select and the BIG box for the validation fee. If it's not on your receipt, then you haven't paid it:

LRhTsDE.jpg

At one time the Validation fee box was in an 'Additional Items' box at the bottom of the page but is currently as shown in the picture.

If you didn't pay then yes they will be in touch. You can check by looking at the email you were sent by Eventbrite after you paid (the one with the tickets attached), it will tell you if you added the £2.50.

• Like 1

Brilliant thanks mate! need to print the tickets off still so ill check before i do :)

If for some reason i forgot to tick the boxes, which i dont think i did anyway, but if i havent paid the fee would SM contact me? Im 99% sure ive paid the fee to confirm tkts but just incase, dont wanna get there and not get through.

Just to try and be clear, these are the 2 tick boxes you need to select and the BIG box for the validation fee. If it's not on your receipt, then you haven't paid it:

LRhTsDE.jpg

At one time the Validation fee box was in an 'Additional Items' box at the bottom of the page but is currently as shown in the picture.

If you didn't pay then yes they will be in touch. You can check by looking at the email you were sent by Eventbrite after you paid (the one with the tickets attached), it will tell you if you added the £2.50.

Sounds like I may have missed it on this occasion. Woops.

Can I ask who the email comes from so I know what to look out for, haven't seen a bombardment yet (but I did miss the tick box on this occasion :blush:)?

The "bombardment" will only start once the first reminder has been sent. That needs to be triggered manually, it's the e-mail we have been saying takes about a week. So don't worry, it will come. :lol:

• Like 1

I don't know whether to get the normal photo shoot or the special one. I'm afraid the power loader may take up most of the photo.

I am sure with the professionals that SM have, it will look fantastic and not too much taken up by the Power Loader.

Queen_Sindel, I actually wondered if Sigourney would be inside the powerloader, haha. :) (she still may yet be - how awesome would THAT be?)

You were not the only one wondering about that, but I will tell you what I told the others who asked... I don't think so. :lol:

No I would not think so either Queen_Sindel, but I am so glad I went for this because I was feeling a bit sad I might miss Sigourney Weaver and you only live once, so I thought, to hell with it and went with the flow.

I'll only miss Michael J. Fox now - that's a bit disappointing, but I can't be disappointed one bit with the guests I am meeting. In fact, I am over the flipping moon. Gonna be a great weekend.

All prepped now - roll on July 17th. I am all prepared. :) (I think -famous last words, haha).

LRhTsDE.jpg

Thanks for showing this pic. I think in my haste to complete the order before the time ran out I did not click that button. Hopefully the email asking for the extra money will come soon.

Why not just include it in the total price because tbh, this confused me as well. I'm sure I did mine properly.

The system has been changed for future events to booking fee included. That's the standard set up, or at least one of the standards. We now found out it doesn't work, so... unfortunately changing mid event wasn't going to work.

I have made the executive decision not to get a photo ticket. As much as I would love to meet Sigourney, I can't justify the cost this time out.

Fair play to everyone who does get to meet her! I will be very jealous during that weekend!

I have made the executive decision not to get a photo ticket. As much as I would love to meet Sigourney, I can't justify the cost this time out.

Fair play to everyone who does get to meet her! I will be very jealous during that weekend!

This is my situation right now... definitely going for the auto like just not sure I can afford both with all the other great guests I need to meet!

Will assess it at payday... if there are any left by then :|

This is my situation right now... definitely going for the auto like just not sure I can afford both with all the other great guests I need to meet!

If I get closer and feel like I can manage it, I may well get one if there are any left. But right now, I think it makes sense to have that money available in case anyone else comes up that's less expensive that I want more, or just to use at the con over the weekend. Damn I hate being practical!

If I get closer and feel like I can manage it, I may well get one if there are any left. But right now, I think it makes sense to have that money available in case anyone else comes up that's less expensive that I want more, or just to use at the con over the weekend. Damn I hate being practical!
Edited by evilmonkey76

I think it's the most I have spent on a photo op but aliens is one of my favourite films and one of the first big action films I saw when I was young and getting Michael biehn last year along with Bill Paxton this year she is a must for me.

I totally get that. I am getting Bill, and got Michael last year too... but having already bought him, Michael Gambon, MJF, and Neve Campbell from the higher priced guests, this was one ticket too far!

I think it's the most I have spent on a photo op but aliens is one of my favourite films and one of the first big action films I saw when I was young and getting Michael biehn last year along with Bill Paxton this year she is a must for me.

I totally get that. I am getting Bill, and got Michael last year too... but having already bought him, Michael Gambon, MJF, and Neve Campbell from the higher priced guests, this was one ticket too far!

Exactly how I feel got the Bill one too! Really want Sigourney but would have to cut out other guests at this moment to afford... Hopefully will be still some left come pay day and I can weigh it up then!

Edited by only_jay
  • Like 1