Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

I gotta agree with KingRichard76 in the post above. How likely is it that Sigourney will do another con over here in the future? With a cv like hers, and a rare guest, personally I thought she would be more than £95.

• Like 3

Wow, wow , wow - my biggest sci-fi want ever !!!! ...thankyou SM, i've wanted to meet this lady for a long time.

i've bought a photo shoot & Alien talk show and will get a few auto's (very good price!!).

my only regret is i wished you had announced her sooner so i could have not spend most of my other money on other guests & holidays

So i would have had the money for a Diamond pass which is a bargain at that price for what you get.

but pleased - you bet i'am!!! this lady is top of my to meet list!!...........and not so closely followed by linda hamilton

thank you SM

• Like 2

This might get lost in a busy thread and sorry if it's been answered elsewhere but is it known exactly how Diamond passes work for meeting the guest? Will you have to go in a specific time slot, any time after your number/batch or whatever it is comes up or will it be a fast track, join the queue at any time thing?

Say you purchase a normal photoshoot, would you be able to upgrade to the Powerloader shoot at a later date if you change your mind?

I needed time to decide but I've noticed Saturday is already on Batch 3 so don't want to risk those selling out incase I eventually decide on that shoot :) thanks!

Ok so small panic now just spent out on diamond pass got my email barcode etc etc but just noticed a comment that diamond passed are being sent out

Eventbrite asked me for my post code but did not ask for my address did not ask to set up an account either ordered on my phone

Do I need to be worried

Appreciate a quick reply arghhh panic !

You should receive an email, once the team at the office come to your order they will see there is no address.

Maybe safe if you fire them an email.

Diamond Passes ARE being sent out? I've bought two so far (MJF and Christopher Lloyd) and nowhere can I find anything to say that it is being sent out. Am I being an idiot and missing something really obvious?

I love Aliens and I love Sigourney and she's one of the three cast members missing from my Aliens one sheet but I just cant fork out £95. I couldnt even shell out £45 for Bill Paxton. But I think that's the point; SM know these guests will be really popular so they have to set the prices high so that less people will want to meet them for the sake of health and safety.

Is Sigourney the most expensive guest so far then for SM?

Edited by nicky

BEST advice ever queen.....alot of people, including myself will worry right up until the day about getting to meet her for an autograph, but i think that if you can stay all day and plan your day, then everyone has a chance.

do we none goldpass holders stand a chance to get a autograph if we get in very early ???

If you get there early and stay all day everyone has a chance.

I love Aliens and I love Sigourney and she's one of the three cast members missing from my Aliens one sheet but I just cant fork out £95. I couldnt even shell out £45 for Bill Paxton. But I think that's the point; SM know these guests will be really popular so they have to set the prices high so that less people will want to meet them for the sake of health and safety.

TBH I think the price is far more to do with paying the guest their necessary fees than health & safety!

• Like 2

Wow, wow , wow - my biggest sci-fi want ever !!!! ...thankyou SM, i've wanted to meet this lady for a long time.

i've bought a photo shoot & Alien talk show and will get a few auto's (very good price!!).

my only regret is i wished you had announced her sooner so i could have not spend most of my other money on other guests & holidays

So i would have had the money for a Diamond pass which is a bargain at that price for what you get.

but pleased - you bet i'am!!! this lady is top of my to meet list!!...........and not so closely followed by linda hamilton

thank you SM

I feel the same. I was tempted with the Diamond pass but just paid for holiday also. I've booked the photo shoot and will hopefully get an autograph by being patient.

It was a shame that Linda Hamilton cancelled a couple of years ago as she along with Sigourney and Carrie Fisher are/were top of my list too actress wise.

• Like 1

Ok so small panic now just spent out on diamond pass got my email barcode etc etc but just noticed a comment that diamond passed are being sent out

Eventbrite asked me for my post code but did not ask for my address did not ask to set up an account either ordered on my phone

Do I need to be worried

Appreciate a quick reply arghhh panic !

You should receive an email, once the team at the office come to your order they will see there is no address.

Maybe safe if you fire them an email.

Diamond Passes ARE being sent out? I've bought two so far (MJF and Christopher Lloyd) and nowhere can I find anything to say that it is being sent out. Am I being an idiot and missing something really obvious?

We have kept repeating that in every topic a number of times and it is in the FAQ for Eventbrite too.

This might get lost in a busy thread and sorry if it's been answered elsewhere but is it known exactly how Diamond passes work for meeting the guest? Will you have to go in a specific time slot, any time after your number/batch or whatever it is comes up or will it be a fast track, join the queue at any time thing?

I have requested confirmation on that, if that is possible yet. I would imagine it is similar to MJF with the batches assigned specific days, but even that is my guess and not confirmed.

Say you purchase a normal photoshoot, would you be able to upgrade to the Powerloader shoot at a later date if you change your mind?

I needed time to decide but I've noticed Saturday is already on Batch 3 so don't want to risk those selling out incase I eventually decide on that shoot :) thanks!

For MJF the store allowed upgrades to Diamond Pass from a normal shoot. I can't remember if we had requests to upgrade from shoot to prop shoot, but I'll try to find out.

well, awesome news on the massive guests for me - they're people i'm not interested in! means they're total decoy guests ~ high interest people that will take a huge wad of people away from the queues i'm running for and give me a better chance to got my autos :-D

gotta say, must be nice to think of sitting somewhere one weekend and thinking that everytime you simply sign your name it's £95 in the bank.

• Like 1

Aliens talk with sigourney, Carrie henn and Bill Paxton. Yes please! Tickets bought straight away.

I do hope the sound system and general talk organisation will be improved from last year though. It was terrible for Stan lees talk

• Like 2

I think she probably is in terms of actors, Ian McDiarmid was about £85 last year which I think was the most before this. That said some of the astronauts at Autographica have been a lot more. To be fair though, they are on an entirely different scale.

I don't think this is the biggest guest they've ever had. Stan Lee created tons of characters and is an absolute legend. Although Sigourney is big cult-wise with Aliens films, and it will mean a lot to fans of the those movies, I can't help wishing it was Ian McKellen!

Wow, What an Announcement...

first when the Announcement was made I was jumping up and down with joy, screaming and shouting (oh dear when I looked at the price) I began to get upset.. My unbreakable items were broken. I was now crying and frothing.. My neighbours came to check on me.. My Froth hit them and they called the Police.

I got Arrested (Have you ever seen the Police trying to put a Camel in the back of a Police van.. Should be on You Tube)

Anyway I was interviewed at the Station and asked what was it all about... I explained about this Company SM who keep taking my money. They didn't believe me. I took out my Laptop and showed them.. Look Sigourney Weaver is coming to London and SM have her and look at the prices... The Police couldn't believe it, They started crying too... In the end the Borough Commander arrived and lots of other officers arrived, Everyone was crying... We couldn't believe how cheap it was to meet such a fantastic guest, Everyone signed up and bought tickets.... True story :smile::clap::smile::clap:

• Like 8

I think she probably is in terms of actors, Ian McDiarmid was about £85 last year which I think was the most before this. That said some of the astronauts at Autographica have been a lot more. To be fair though, they are on an entirely different scale.
Ian was £70 last year.

I have to say that this price for this caliber of guest is very very good. Now I have no interest in any of the guests announced last night but those of you who do have got a real bargain as far as price goes! SM you've done a wonderful job to get Ms Weaver!

Apologies know there's a lot of questions, but I see there was mention of upgrading mjf shoot to a diamond pass.If that happens for Ms weaver how do you do that? And other than the pass selling out is there a cut off date? Thank you and sorry to add to the list :/

Edited by dizzcostu007